PDA

View Full Version : THE Ohio State University Football fans...

BOZZ
03-20-2008, 06:39 AM
just saw the good news about Pryor finally signing with the Buckeyes... Not bad getting the number one highschool player in the land.

JIGSAW
03-20-2008, 06:45 AM
figured he would go there.....

Gators still OWN OSU.

sayin.....

O.A.R.
03-20-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm pumped. Glad he chose OSU. O-H

JIGSAW
03-20-2008, 07:02 AM
I hate OSU, but the kid looks like he's gonna be damn good.....

O.A.R.
03-20-2008, 07:05 AM
I hate OSU, but the kid looks like he's gonna be damn good.....

why the hate?

BIG JOHNNY C
03-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Nobody says anything about him but we also got the number 3 recruit in the nation

JIGSAW
03-20-2008, 07:12 AM
why the hate?

Gator fan by marriage......I make her HATE the Red Sox...she makes me hate OSU. Its just the way it is bro.....

O.A.R.
03-20-2008, 07:13 AM
They almost swept the top O linemen in the nation but missed 2. I personally dont put any stock in those rankings. Malcolm Jenkins, Gholston, Hawk, Laurinitis, and most other good players to come out in the past few years were relatively unknown outside of their state. Jenkins and Gholston were 3 star recuits if I remember right. Same thing with most other colleges I'm sure. I hope TP doesnt get the Maurice Clarett syndrome and start thinking he is too big for college football and the rules that govern it.

Mr. Jingles
03-20-2008, 07:15 AM
figured he would go there.....

Gators still PWN OSU.

sayin.....

ahahah.. I was gonna post the same exact thing.

Goooooo Gators!

JIGSAW
03-20-2008, 07:15 AM
ahahah.. I was gonna post the same exact thing.

Goooooo Gators!

God made Ohio State #1.

Florida made them #2.....TWICE :)

O.A.R.
03-20-2008, 07:18 AM
God made Ohio State #1.

Florida made them #2.....TWICE :)

I hate humble pie. Gators were dominant for those two years. How you guys think they are gonna compete in the SEC this year? Do they play 'bama?

INGENIUM
03-20-2008, 07:20 AM
cool, he must have wanted to be national runner up every year.

JIGSAW
03-20-2008, 07:20 AM
I hate humble pie. Gators were dominant for those two years. How you guys think they are gonna compete in the SEC this year? Do they play 'bama?

Gonna be tuff...Georgia looks real good......GATORS STILL WIN SEC.

***TEBOW TRAIN***

O.A.R.
03-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Georgia, LSU, Alabama (maybe not this year), Auburn, Tennessee as well. Gonna be a crowded year in SEC land.

SuperAmmo
03-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Love my Buckeyes!

O.A.R.
03-20-2008, 07:25 AM
I repped all you college football fans, good to have intelligent talk in here.

MiamiSpartan
03-20-2008, 07:28 AM
as long as he didn't sign up to play with SCum, I'm happy...

GatorGirl8
03-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Georgia, LSU, Alabama (maybe not this year), Auburn, Tennessee as well. Gonna be a crowded year in SEC land.

Its ALWAYS a crowded year in the SEC, being that its got the best teams...its the conference to beat!! Its no surprise that Ohio State makes it to the National Championship 2 years in a row but can't go the distance...they got an easy schedule compared to SEC.

JIGSAW
03-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Its ALWAYS a crowded year in the SEC, being that its got the best teams...its the conference to beat!! Its no surprise that Ohio State makes it to the National Championship 2 years in a row but can't go the distance...they got an easy schedule compared to SEC.

Oh hai GatorGirl....was wondering when you would see this thread and join us :)

mrawdtsi
03-20-2008, 07:35 AM
I would be VERY suprised if the Gators took the SEC this year.. Serious.

Watch out for Georgia and LSU, imo.

And on a side note.... GO BADGERS! :D

Chynaman
03-20-2008, 07:41 AM
wolverines baby

sad he didn't end up going to umich but i had a feel he wasn't going to

INGENIUM
03-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Seriously though, I bet Rich Rodriguez is freaking out now...he needed Pryor worse than OSU did...

makes me LOL :D

mrawdtsi
03-20-2008, 07:43 AM
wolverines baby

Wolverines have a couple really tough seasons ahead of them. And I can't say that im sad either.

Watching the Wolverines lose seriously makes my weekends. Better yet, when the Badgers beat them.

AND I get to rub it in my sisters face, since shes UoMs biggest football fan. haha

RnR
03-20-2008, 07:45 AM
I think pryor realized mich would be too much of a mess.

Also, pryor wants to be a #1 draft pick, not the next pat white.

user27629377
03-20-2008, 07:46 AM

Watch out for Alabama and LSU, imo.

What? Bama has YEARS before they become a powerhouse again. This year it's going to be UF or UGA

mrawdtsi
03-20-2008, 07:47 AM
What? Bama has YEARS before they become a powerhouse again. This year it's going to be UF or UGA

I meant Georgia, not Alabama. :(
Havn't had a cup of coffee yet this morning :D

JIGSAW
03-20-2008, 07:48 AM
This year it's going to be UF or UGA

Gotta agree.......^^^

Tebow will take us to the promised land........ :)

INGENIUM
03-20-2008, 07:50 AM
watch out for Tennessee SC ;)

Georgia is overrated IMO...

user27629377
Gotta agree.......^^^

Agreed. I think it would be nuts to see a #1/#2 UF/UGA game this year, I'm signing up for season tickets in a few weeks :)

JIGSAW

I hope you're right!!

Agreed. I think it would be nuts to see a #1/#2 UF/UGA game this year, I'm signing up for season tickets in a few weeks :)

That would be the sh!t......haha

INGENIUM
03-20-2008, 07:52 AM
After last season, I have learned to count NOTHING out. Tennessee could rule the SEC, GA could flop, anything is possible I have learned.
very true...

you guys will be OK if you can get that secondary shored up...if not....:eek:

user27629377

After last season, I have learned to count NOTHING out. Tennessee could rule the SEC, GA could flop, anything is possible I have learned.

JIGSAW

Tennessee?....lets not get too carried away :)

PaulAllen1
03-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Ah yes, maybe he'll fit in with all the other fine citizens at that "institution"...\

http://members.cox.net/trolling/mo.jpg

I hope Pryor tears his ACL

INGENIUM
03-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Tennessee?....lets not get too carried away :)
new OC...plus you guys come to Neyland. will be fun. nothing like last year...

GatorGirl8
03-20-2008, 07:56 AM

That's right baby!!! FLORIDA!!! Still got Tim Tebow (AKA SUPERMAN)...he'll take us to another National Championship.

PaulAllen1
03-20-2008, 07:56 AM
wolverines baby

I heard his final decision was made because he was very concerned about how much he would have to learn/pay attention in class if he went to Michigan. He won't have that problem at OSU.

GatorGirl8
03-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Gotta agree.......^^^

Tebow (AKA SUPERMAN)---WILL take us all the way...nothing stops that train!

INGENIUM
03-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Tebow (AKA SUPERMAN)---WILL take us all the way...nothing stops that train!
is tebow going to play defense this year? :confused:

GatorGirl8
03-20-2008, 08:00 AM
With Tebow we can make it all the way again...if Chris Leak could do it, HE can do it...plus now the freshman/sophmores from last year have the experience to make it to another National Championship.

Chynaman
03-20-2008, 08:00 AM
I heard his final decision was made because he was very concerned about how much he would have to learn/pay attention in class if he went to Michigan. He won't have that problem at OSU.

lool i heard something along these lines. but my friends and family who go to umich are very disappointed

he is quick on his feet and can run far as a qb

Krunk Fu
03-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Can we not turn this into an aids infested SEC talk. Half of these SEC homers never even went to any of these schools.

GatorGirl8
03-20-2008, 08:02 AM

Obviuosly you've never seen him play...he could play defense if he wanted...he could probably kick if he wanted...that's why he broke records last year AND won Heisman...First time EVER Sophmore wins Heisman!!

INGENIUM
03-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Can we not turn this into an aids infested SEC talk. Half of these SEC homers never even went to any of these schools.
I did.

cry?

Chynaman
03-20-2008, 08:03 AM
does anybody have a link to the article where he commits? or is it on tv

INGENIUM
03-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Obviuosly you've never seen him play...he could play defense if he wanted...he could probably kick if he wanted...that's why he broke records last year AND won Heisman...First time EVER Sophmore wins Heisman!!
you're right...i have never seen him play, LOL

all i am saying is, Tebow will be fine...Florida's defense is what you should be concerned about.

JIGSAW
03-20-2008, 08:09 AM

This'll proly be Tebow's last year in College....better hope he doesn't get hurt!!!

RnR
03-20-2008, 08:10 AM

mich fans crack me up. if he had chosen mich. you guys would have a thread of how pryor and the spread offense will reign terror on the nation.

==

GatorGirl8
03-20-2008, 08:11 AM
you're right...i have never seen him play, LOL

all i am saying is, Tebow will be fine...Florida's defense is what you should be concerned about.

This is true, defense wasn't quite the same last year---but we'll work our way to the top.

INGENIUM
03-20-2008, 08:11 AM
does anybody have a link to the article where he commits? or is it on tv
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3301454

RnR
03-20-2008, 08:13 AM
This'll proly be Tebow's last year in College....better hope he doesn't get hurt!!!

If he wins the heisman this year i wonder how many time he will thank the lord and savior jesus christ

GatorGirl8
03-20-2008, 08:17 AM
If he wins the heisman this year i wonder how many time he will thank the lord and savior jesus christ

LOL, it was like instead of saying "umm" like NORMAL people during a speech, he'd throw in "I'd like to thank my lord and savior jesus christ"

mrawdtsi
03-20-2008, 08:19 AM
mich fans crack me up. if he had chosen mich. you guys would have a thread of how pryor and the spread offense will reign terror on the nation.

==

Michigan and spread offense dont go together. I know this is the direction they'll go this year but they'll suck. Badly.

And I can't wait for the Badgers to walk all over them. :D

PaulAllen1
03-20-2008, 08:20 AM

==

Yea I know. I'm incredibly bitter/pissed.

He's now an enemy...

JIGSAW
03-20-2008, 08:24 AM
Yea I know. I'm incredibly bitter/pissed.

He's now an enemy...

You return those videotapes?

user27629377
03-20-2008, 08:26 AM

I did.

cry?

Same here, in fact I still go to UF.

PaulAllen1
03-20-2008, 08:27 AM
You return those videotapes?

Not yet, i've got to stop by the ATM though.

JIGSAW
03-20-2008, 08:36 AM
http://www.gatorenvy.com/tebow-comic.jpg
http://nutupgators.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/supermantt.jpg
http://jimdriscoll.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/tebow-superman.jpg

GatorGirl8
03-20-2008, 08:40 AM
http://www.gatorenvy.com/tebow-comic.jpg
http://nutupgators.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/supermantt.jpg
http://jimdriscoll.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/tebow-superman.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT BABY!!

hounds
03-20-2008, 09:01 AM
'08 Pryor = '06 Tebow

Boekman will get the majority of the snaps but Pryor will take over in the redzone....combine that with 20, yes 20 returning starters, and its going to be a long year for the ever growing amount of OSU haters

Giggles...
03-20-2008, 09:15 AM
My prediction for next season: Ohio State once again rides a soft Big 10 schedule to a BCS game, where they're horribly embarassed by an SEC team for the third consecutive year.

hounds
03-20-2008, 09:16 AM
My prediction for next season: Ohio State once again rides a soft Big 10 schedule to a BCS game, where they're horribly embarassed by an SEC team for the third consecutive year.

Sorry, but the "soft schedule" bull**** doesn't work in '08.

Giggles...
03-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Sorry, but the "soft schedule" bull**** doesn't work in '08.

Why not?

Ohio State plays garbage teams all year long, turns that into an 11-1 or 12-0 record, everyone thinks they're a great team, and then they go out and prove they can't hack it with the big boys of the SEC. It's not like I'm talking out of my ass here; I just think what happened in 2006 and 2007 will happen again in 2008.

hounds
03-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Why not?

Ohio State plays garbage teams all year long, turns that into an 11-1 or 12-0 record, everyone thinks they're a great team, and then they go out and prove they can't hack it with the big boys of the SEC. It's not like I'm talking out of my ass here; I just think what happened in 2006 and 2007 will happen again in 2008.

They play @ USC week 2 next year.

Are you one of those who's favorite team isn't that good so instead you root for an entire conference? BTW, ask florida if michigan was a "garbage" team last year :)

Giggles...
03-20-2008, 09:32 AM
They play @ USC week 2 next year.

Are you one of those who's favorite team isn't that good so instead you root for an entire conference? BTW, ask florida if michigan was a "garbage" team last year :)

My team is USC, actually. Born and raised in SoCal.

Can't wait to watch the Trojans humiliate the Suckeyes.

hounds
03-20-2008, 09:36 AM

If I were you I would worry more about teams from the state of oregon, you've had a tough time with them the last few years.

BTW I love how any thread that has anything to do with ohio state immediately degenerates into a SEC circle jerk, LOL.

hounds
03-20-2008, 09:37 AM

If I were you I would worry more about teams from the state of oregon, you've had a tough time with them the last couple of years.

BTW I love how any thread that has anything to do with ohio state immediately degenerates into a SEC circle jerk, LOL.

Giggles...
03-20-2008, 09:48 AM
If I were you I would worry more about teams from the state of oregon, you've had a tough time with them the last few years.

Well, you can't ignore the fact that the SEC has embarassed Ohio State in both football (twice) and basketball championships over the last few years.

hounds
03-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Well, you can't ignore the fact that the SEC has embarassed Ohio State in both football (twice) and basketball championships over the last few years.

is anyone trying to deny that fact? They were embarrassed once and lost two other times (the '08 game they shouldnt have even been in so I'm not complaining).

Giggles...
03-20-2008, 09:54 AM
is anyone trying to deny that fact? They were embarrassed once and lost two other times (the '08 game they shouldnt have even been in so I'm not complaining).

So don't attack me for pointing out a trend.

JIGSAW
03-20-2008, 09:56 AM

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hounds
03-20-2008, 10:02 AM

Please point out where i attacked you based on pointing out that OSU lost to the SEC in back to back bowls, oh wait, you cant because you just made that up.

I took exception to you claiming that ohio state will "play garbage teams all year long," and that is a ridiculous statement (unless you consider your trojans to be garbage).

Giggles...
03-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Yawn.

Counting down the minutes til my Trojans destroy your Suckeyes.

FLYBUCK
03-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Why not?

Such a big fan of USC he didn't know they play OSU next year.... impresive!

hounds
03-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Yawn.

Counting down the minutes til my Trojans destroy your Suckeyes.

you didnt even know they played each other until I told you 10 minutes ago...wow strong USC fan

Giggles...
03-20-2008, 10:25 AM
you didnt even know they played each other until I told you 10 minutes ago...wow strong USC fan

Eh, I've got better things to do. Ohio State Football may be the #1 thing in your crappy state, but in California, we actually have lives.

hounds
03-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Eh, I've got better things to do. Ohio State Football may be the #1 thing in your crappy state, but in California, we actually have lives.

u mad you got called out? Looks like you consider them your team here.... usually if you are a fan you know when gigantic OOC games are scheduled early in the season

PS - i dont live in ohio and I share your sentiments about the state, way to try to change the subject from your obvious bandwagon douchebaggery

Trbovich12
03-20-2008, 10:34 AM
I've seen Pyror play and such because were in the same class in the WPIAL, Class AA, and let me tell you he will live up to all the hype. No matter what the surface he plays on, hardwood, grass, turf, whatever else you could name that kid is good at it, hes a natural athelete and I wish him best at OSU even though imma Michigan fan..

FLYBUCK
03-20-2008, 10:42 AM
I've seen Pyror play and such because were in the same class in the WPIAL, Class AA, and let me tell you he will live up to all the hype. No matter what the surface he plays on, hardwood, grass, turf, whatever else you could name that kid is good at it, hes a natural athelete and I wish him best at OSU even though imma Michigan fan..

I hope you're right... I've actually been reading that he probably won't be playing basketball in college so he can concentrate on football. It's too bad because our basketball team might actaully need his talents the most!

hounds
03-20-2008, 10:45 AM
I hope you're right... I've actually been reading that he probably won't be playing basketball in college so he can concentrate on football. It's too bad because our basketball team might actaully need his talents the most!

Doubtful, Matta is bringing in a class that is ranked only slightly lower than the Oden/Conley/Cook/Lighty group of two years ago.....with a true post-up 7 footer allowing Kofus to play the 4 they will compete for the Big10 title.

user27629377
03-20-2008, 10:59 AM
BTW, ask florida if michigan was a "garbage" team last year :)

Michigan was a garbage team last year, they played their best game against UF, when they actually played like a Michigan football team is supposed to play. Don't kid yourself into thinking Michigan wasn't a garbage team because they pulled out one good victory last year.

hounds
03-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Michigan was a garbage team last year, they played their best game against UF, when they actually played like a Michigan football team is supposed to play. Don't kid yourself into thinking Michigan wasn't a garbage team because they pulled out one good victory last year.

did i claim michigan wasnt a garbage team? When you put up less than 100 yards at home in a rivalry game you cant be all that great.

EDIT: LOL the fake usc fan already got banned...not quite sure why

user27629377
03-20-2008, 11:10 AM
did i claim michigan wasnt a garbage team? When you put up less than 100 yards at home in a rivalry game you cant be all that great.

Was that not what you inferred when you said "Ask Florida fans if Michigan was a garbage team last year?"

hounds
03-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Was that not what you inferred when you said "Ask Florida fans if Michigan was a garbage team last year?"

I was implying that the term "garbage" is relative. To make a blanket statement that ohio state played a garbage schedule is foolish, I was just pointing out that Florida probably did not consider UM garbage after Lloyd should have hung 50 on them. However, in my opinion yes, UM did suck last year.

ironwill2008
03-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Seriously though, I bet Rich Rodriguez is freaking out now...he needed Pryor worse than OSU did...

makes me LOL :D

I'm laughing, too! Especially for the way Rodriguez left WVU, and how Michigan's QB left, 'cause he didn't want to play in Rod's system, and how Pryor changed his mind about playing for Rod, and how Rodriguez's team will have to play their BIGGEST rival next season, with no qb., and how that rival will have-Pryor. I hope OSU hands Rodriguez a real beat-down. What comes around goes around.

neueziel
03-20-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm also worried about Floridas D. We had no secondary last year!

FLYBUCK
03-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Doubtful, Matta is bringing in a class that is ranked only slightly lower than the Oden/Conley/Cook/Lighty group of two years ago.....with a true post-up 7 footer allowing Kofus to play the 4 they will compete for the Big10 title.

Assuming Kofus stays around...... there are whispers that he may leap to the league to help out his family. We all know he could use another year or two to develop but after last year we also know that $ talks. If he goes, we are pretty thin on the front line next year and will have to play a lot of small ball.

O.A.R.
03-20-2008, 12:38 PM
The talk of weak schedule is true to some extent, but it is no fault of the buckeyes. The Big Ten has been weak for almost a decade now (hopefully it is improving with Ill and Mich State coming up). So OSU has to go outside the conference for competition. Name for me an SEC school that is willing to play a hard away game out of their conference? OSU has done home/away's with anyone who will accept. We just got done with Texas, before that it was Notre Dame in the mid 90's. Coming up is USC the next two, then VT, The OU. They tried to schedule several SEC schools down the road, but the SEC doesnt like playing non-conference games away from home. It's not a dig at the SEC, it's hard enough playing in the conference.

user27629377
03-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Name for me an SEC school that is willing to play a hard away game tition.out of their conference?

What does it matter? Inter-conference SEC play is tough as it is.

Jmh80
03-20-2008, 11:20 PM

Watch out for Georgia and LSU, imo.

Georgia won't hold it together the whole season inside the top 3. Richt can't handle the pressure.

Mark that down.

Jmh80
03-20-2008, 11:22 PM
The talk of weak schedule is true to some extent, but it is no fault of the buckeyes. The Big Ten has been weak for almost a decade now (hopefully it is improving with Ill and Mich State coming up). So OSU has to go outside the conference for competition. Name for me an SEC school that is willing to play a hard away game out of their conference? OSU has done home/away's with anyone who will accept. We just got done with Texas, before that it was Notre Dame in the mid 90's. Coming up is USC the next two, then VT, The OU. They tried to schedule several SEC schools down the road, but the SEC doesnt like playing non-conference games away from home. It's not a dig at the SEC, it's hard enough playing in the conference.

Some teams do. Tennessee has done a pretty good job the last few years OOC.
They played us (Miami) in '02 and '03.

Gators - not so much (though finally play Miami again in '08 and then '13). LSU - not so much.
Auburn - props.

UMRichRod
03-20-2008, 11:24 PM
my worst nightmare.

BOZZ
03-21-2008, 08:16 AM
What does it matter? Inter-conference SEC play is tough as it is.

And your judging that how? By those tough out of conference games played away from the south? :rolleyes:

user27629377
03-21-2008, 08:20 AM
And your judging that how? By those tough out of conference games played away from the south? :rolleyes:

What? I'm conceding that SEC teams generally don't play tough OOC games, their in-conference schedule is tougher than any other conferences in or out of conference schedule.

O.A.R.
03-21-2008, 04:59 PM
What? I'm conceding that SEC teams generally don't play tough OOC games, their in-conference schedule is tougher than any other conferences in or out of conference schedule.

I agree, thats the main point i was making. I think they shouldn't go looking for tougher scheduling. If someone comes to them, I think that's a different story. I am also ambivalent on it though, the BCS has made every regular season game a playoff game so why make your road any tougher? Interesting situation.

Xacto
03-21-2008, 05:15 PM
he must like second place

gobuckeye
04-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Go Bucks!

Moving back to the promised land after 8 years of wherever the Air Force sent me. Cant wait, I will be a recruiter about 2 hours drive from Columbus.

joeflex73
04-25-2008, 11:01 PM
January 2009= vindication

PUDfumes
04-25-2008, 11:11 PM
as someone who lives in the area, i hope the buckeyes fail beyond failing. I'm tired of going to bars around here seeing the drunk ass retards going nuts for a team named after a poisonous nut.

SymphonyXXX
04-26-2008, 12:27 AM
those expressing concern in the florida secondary, keep those fingers crossed.
spring practice did not look too promising is all i'm going to say.

PUDfumes
04-26-2008, 01:07 AM

but i'm a florida fan :(, when we beat OSU it was without one of the best days of my life.

Rockwilder
04-26-2008, 01:24 AM

Word? Even with Will Hill and Major roaming back there? I hope you're right though and that secondary performs like last year lol.