PDA

View Full Version : Horsepower

britonarius
03-20-2008, 01:36 AM
I should post this in the supplement section but i never go there. So i will post it among my learned friends in the ov35 [ comfort factor?].
I am looking at taking Horsepower and just wondered if anyone has a history of using it or has used it?
Judging on the info available , i figure it might be more than a little addictive!
Any feedback is appreciated.

dbx
03-20-2008, 07:02 AM
I should post this in the supplement section but i never go there. So i will post it among my learned friends in the ov35 [ comfort factor?].
I am looking at taking Horsepower and just wondered if anyone has a history of using it or has used it?
Judging on the info available , i figure it might be more than a little addictive!
Any feedback is appreciated.

I never actually used it, but I was very interested in it about 2yrs ago and just never got around to it. The profile is great, but I think the price has risen considerably since I last looked at it. I'd say give it a shot.

m1k3g0rd
03-20-2008, 10:43 AM
4000g of 'NO blend' (arginine?) - ought to give you a damn good pump. Other than that it looks like another creatine/NO mixture.

blkbelt42
03-20-2008, 10:47 AM
I never tried it.

I did have good results
w/ White Flood though.

britonarius
03-20-2008, 12:13 PM
I never tried it.

I did have good results
w/ White Flood though.

Thanks - i will look at that. Basically i am looking for the pump especially on lower body day as the weights are huge and i superset. Animal pump was a little disappointing after 2 weeks , beast 2 pumped was great for a month. A friend suggested horse power , but i thought i'd get opinions

Capt_Lou
03-20-2008, 12:13 PM
I use Super Pump it's worked great for me, just be close to a bathroom 2-3 hours after taking it.

Guff
03-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but it's inline with the topic.

Can someone please explain the benefit of "the pump". When you work out your muscles get pumped naturally, but it subsides. Why would you want more 'pump' during a workout?

Arund
03-20-2008, 12:29 PM
It is good stuff.

Taste terrible and makes you itch bad (beta-alanine) but if you can stand the taste it gets the job done!!

Armbender
03-20-2008, 12:41 PM
has a good ingredient profile..tastes terrible, mixes terrible...little effects...

get CLOUT

dbx
03-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Animal pump was a little disappointing after 2 weeks , beast 2 pumped was great for a month.

Get used to this ^ from almost any NO product, as you become desensitized to the ingredients at varying rates per individual. I'm in it for the overpriced caffeine and creatine :)

blkbelt42
03-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks - i will look at that. Basically i am looking for the pump especially on lower body day as the weights are huge and i superset. Animal pump was a little disappointing after 2 weeks , beast 2 pumped was great for a month. A friend suggested horse power , but i thought i'd get opinions

WF is cheap and works well on just one scoop,
I can could last a few months! The key to getting
any of these to work well is H2O. When I doubled
the water I was mixing it in, it had almost 2x the effects.

When I contacted Controlled Labs, the said they've heard
many had the same results when upping the water.

:D

Many just pop a caffiene pill (no doze) and get similar
results.

SuperPump = SuperDUMP for many!! :eek:

chodan9
03-20-2008, 01:29 PM

Can someone please explain the benefit of "the pump". When you work out your muscles get pumped naturally, but it subsides. Why would you want more 'pump' during a workout?

I think supposedly it causes you to be able to get more blood into your muscles, more blood = more nutrients, more creatine etc, thereby stimulating fiber growth over all.
In practice I'm not sure how much it helps over all. sounds good though.
I dont think someone should to spend too much on NO supps though

m1k3g0rd
03-20-2008, 01:55 PM

'Cause you look great for 30 minutes after your workout. (while you're in the locker room showering)

I agree about the effectiveness though - White Flood works for me about 2 days in a row, if I continue more than that the effects are zero. Other than the caffeine which comes in handy since I workout at 5am and I can't drink coffee at that time of the day...

AbramsAM
03-20-2008, 02:56 PM
It is good stuff.

Taste terrible and makes you itch bad (beta-alanine) but if you can stand the taste it gets the job done!!

I have used Horsepower and agree with Arund, it does make you itch/burn because of the beta-alanine and doesn't taste fantastic, but it does work well. I presently am using Dymatize Xplode

bulldog71
03-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Go with the Universal Shock Therapy! MUCH cheaper price, with a better nutrient profile and the same amount of servings. I've got a jar of it coming now. I'll let you know how it goes.

b631
03-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Get used to this ^ from almost any NO product, as you become desensitized to the ingredients at varying rates per individual. I'm in it for the overpriced caffeine and creatine :)

would really urge you not to waste your money,
creatine and an insulin spike before and after your workout, and caffeine or some b vitamins before a workout.

NumberTwentyTwo
03-20-2008, 03:33 PM
go to our website and click the contact us button and request a few samples of it

make sure to request orange its the best flavor

Bronzebird
04-11-2008, 01:59 AM
Go with the Universal Shock Therapy! MUCH cheaper price, with a better nutrient profile and the same amount of servings. I've got a jar of it coming now. I'll let you know how it goes.

I used animal pump and found the ST to be more effective. On that note I do switch up Pump supps so as to not build tolerance to fast.

jude-o
04-11-2008, 02:51 AM
Why would you want more 'pump' during a workout?

I sure don't want a 'pump'. It just gets in the way of working out. The whole 'pump' obsession seems to be the result of vanity (temporarily making the muscles look a little bigger) and some sort of psychological kick. Some people really enjoy the feeling, and Arnold was a big 'go for the pump' guy, so it's part of the popular culture of bodybuilding.

I think the arguments that the 'pump' increases growth by increasing blood flow are, frankly, absurd. Protein absorption is NOT limited by blood flow under any normal conditions, so increasing blood flow isn't likely to have much effect. There's also some reason to doubt that taking arginine (the alleged 'pump' ingredient in these products) can actually effectively increase NO levels in the first place.

It's usually a long hard road to get from a clever theory to an actual effective product, and most manufacturers don't even try to go down that road. As long as they've got a marketing angle and can sell it, that's all they really need.

In my opinion, these products are probably just hype and caffeine, with the large doses of caffeine actually being the main cause of the 'pump'. (Which would explain why it seems like every 'pump' product that's known to actually produce a 'pump' contains caffeine or some other stimulant, and why these products produce fairly rapid drug-style tolerance.)

NumberTwentyTwo
04-17-2008, 09:45 PM
I sure don't want a 'pump'. It just gets in the way of working out. The whole 'pump' obsession seems to be the result of vanity (temporarily making the muscles look a little bigger) and some sort of psychological kick. Some people really enjoy the feeling, and Arnold was a big 'go for the pump' guy, so it's part of the popular culture of bodybuilding.

I think the arguments that the 'pump' increases growth by increasing blood flow are, frankly, absurd. Protein absorption is NOT limited by blood flow under any normal conditions, so increasing blood flow isn't likely to have much effect. There's also some reason to doubt that taking arginine (the alleged 'pump' ingredient in these products) can actually effectively increase NO levels in the first place.

It's usually a long hard road to get from a clever theory to an actual effective product, and most manufacturers don't even try to go down that road. As long as they've got a marketing angle and can sell it, that's all they really need.

In my opinion, these products are probably just hype and caffeine, with the large doses of caffeine actually being the main cause of the 'pump'. (Which would explain why it seems like every 'pump' product that's known to actually produce a 'pump' contains caffeine or some other stimulant, and why these products produce fairly rapid drug-style tolerance.)

The pump supplies blood to muscles along with much needed oxygen and nutrients, not to mention it also removes waste products (namely, lactic acid and carbon dioxide).

Plus you feel and look like a million dollars when you got a nice pump going on!

supphead
04-17-2008, 10:29 PM

under any normal conditions, so increasing blood flow isn't likely to have much effect. There's also some reason to doubt that taking arginine (the alleged think the arguments that the 'pump' increases growth by increasing blood flow are, frankly, absurd. Protein absorption is NOT limited by blood flow d 'pump' ingredient in these products) can actually effectively increase NO levels in the first place.

NO products aside.IMO a great pump is a sign your body is in a anabolic state.And your probably doing something right.All my best gains have coincided with good/great pumps in the gym .I use my pump as a gage .If i dont keep it all day or i wake up flat.I need to adjust my diet.It might sound stupid but it seems to work for me.