PDA

View Full Version : Poll - McCain Leads Both Obama & Hillary By Six

Patrok
03-19-2008, 02:55 PM
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows John McCain continuing to hold a six-percentage point lead over both potential Democratic opponents. McCain currently leads Barack Obama 48% to 42% and Hillary Clinton 49% to 43% margin (see recent daily results). New polling released today shows McCain and Obama tied in Colorado and McCain with a three-point advantage in New Hampshire.

In the race for the Democratic Presidential Nomination, Obama now leads Clinton 47% to 42%. Yesterday, Obama led 45% to 44% (see recent daily results). These results are based nightly telephone surveys and reported on a four-day rolling average basis. Just one night of polling is included since Obama?s speech and that single night result is not much different from the four-day average. The reason for today?s Obama bounce is that Friday night?s results have rolled out of the four-day sample. Following the initial media frenzy over Pastor Wright, Friday?s results were the single worst night of polling for Obama since the Primary Season began.

While the full impact of Obama?s speech will not be known for some time, early indications are that it may have helped Obama more in the Democratic Primary competition than in a potential General Election match-up. Obama is currently seen as having a 43.5% chance of becoming the next President while expectations for McCain are at 39.9%.

Rasmussen Markets data showed that Obama was given a 75% chance of winning the Democratic nomination just before the furor erupted over Wright?s comments. They fell to 71% on the eve of his speech but bounced back to close at 75% yesterday (current pricing: 73.4%). However, following the speech, there was virtually no change in the expectations of which party will ultimately win the White House this fall.

See Obama?s Speech. See Rasmussen Reports video, Can Obama Recover from the Pastor Problem? Also, see Scott Rasmussen discuss the Pastor Wright issue on WNYW New York and the latest Florida polling on WTVT, Tampa.

On Wednesday, Barack Obama?s favorable ratings are unchanged from yesterday?48% favorable, 49% unfavorable. Those figures include 27% with a Very Favorable opinion and 29% with a Very Unfavorable view. Just before the Wright controversy, Obama was viewed favorably by 52% of voters. In mid-February, he was viewed favorably by 56% (see recent daily results).

McCain is viewed favorably by 53% of voters nationwide and unfavorably by 43%. For Clinton, those numbers are 46% favorable, 52% unfavorable.

The Rasmussen Reports Democrats Balance of Power Calculator shows New Hampshire moving today from the Likely Democratic column to leans Democratic. With that change, Democrats lead in states with 210 Electoral Votes while the GOP has the advantage in states with 189. When ?leaners? are added, the Democrats lead 247 to 229. Recent polling shows that, over the past month, McCain has gained ground in Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Both Democrats continue to lead in New York, Connecticut and California (see summary of recent state general election polling).

Democrats also retain a modest lead in the Generic Congressional Ballot.

While the political world focused on Obama?s speech, investor confidence in the economy fell for the sixth straight day. For the third straight day, the Rasmussen Investor Index fell to the lowest level in its seven year history. While economists debate whether the economy is in a recession, 38% of adults say that a depression is at least somewhat likely.

Daily tracking results are collected via nightly telephone surveys and reported on a four-day rolling average basis. The next Presidential Tracking Poll update is scheduled for Thursday at 11:00 a.m. The results are also compiled on a full-week basis and crosstabs for the full-week results are available for Premium Members. See crosstabs for general election match-ups, favorable ratings and Democratic primary.

Rasmussen Markets data now give Obama a 73.4% chance to win the Democratic nomination while expectations for a Clinton victory are at 26.5%. Market data also suggests that Obama has a 43.5% chance to become the next President. Expectations for McCain to become President are at 39.9% while Clinton?s prospects are at 16.5%. Numbers in this paragraph are from a prediction market, not a poll. Using a trading format where traders "buy and sell" candidates, issues, and news features, the Rasmussen Markets harness competitive passions to provide a reliable leading indicator of upcoming events. We invite you to participate in the Rasmussen Markets. It costs nothing to join and add your voice to the collective wisdom of the market.

Each Monday, full week results are released based upon a seven-day rolling average. While the daily tracking result are useful for measuring quick reaction to events in the news, the full week results provide an effective means for evaluating longer-term trends.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll
http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/general_election_match_up_history

OBAMA TO THE BACK OF THE BUS

ps: lulz at liberal politically correct egalitarian tards lulz

-_-
03-19-2008, 02:56 PM
HILLARY TO THE KITCHEN

dog20
03-19-2008, 03:05 PM
republicans make the worst presidents

hounds
03-19-2008, 03:05 PM
MCCAIN TO THE NURSING HOME

pelsh
03-19-2008, 03:55 PM
ahaha.

It's coming down to whether you want an old school white man, a black president, or a women president.

I hope Americans can make the right decision. (no racist/sexist)

sutter cane
03-19-2008, 04:57 PM
i have never hoped someone would win as much as mccain at this point. hillary or or obama will be a trainwreck and set up back many years....

catmando
03-19-2008, 05:47 PM
I can't wait for the Democratic primaries to be over so Obama can start pounding on that flip-flopping old fool.

m_risinger
03-19-2008, 05:58 PM
lmao, ive seen about 20 polls and hillary has won the most polls over obama and mccain and thats the truth

stealth_swimmer
03-19-2008, 06:03 PM
ahaha.

It's coming down to whether you want an old school white man, a black president, or a women president.

I hope Americans can make the right decision. (no racist/sexist)

It comes down to voting in a warmonger, a mudslinging hypocrite who will at least end the war (even though she first supported it, LOL WUT) and reduce the deficit(although by taxing higher income people more), or a half-black guy who's policies I don't know (and most folks i've talked to who support him don't know either) but again...will at least end the war(eventually I guess) and reduce the deficit(but will probably cause a slew of other problems)

Fanatik
03-19-2008, 06:06 PM
McCain FTW

Pumpin45_s
03-19-2008, 06:13 PM
who gives a **** about polls until we're closer to november

Patrok
03-20-2008, 04:57 PM
bump for the ****ing lulz

Thinman
03-20-2008, 05:03 PM
who gives a **** about polls until we're closer to november

Agreed. Polls can be very misleading. All the democrats need to do is show McCain and Bush together. That should remind a lot of people on what type of president he will be. If you liked the Bush presidency, than McCain is your man.

gympunk
03-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Numbers don't matter until Late Summer and Fall, no-one's beat up on McCain yet, they just have to run that video clip from last year or 2 years ago where he says something like: "I'll admit, I don't know much about the economy"..

rampagefc77
03-20-2008, 06:30 PM
I can't wait for the Democratic primaries to be over so Obama can start pounding on that flip-flopping old fool.

you mean hilary? as she is leading the democrats at the moment....