PDA

View Full Version : Good general audience article on age + lifting hard

Braindrop
03-19-2008, 01:37 PM
I stumbled across this while doing some work-avoidance-googling. It's a great article to point people toward when they ask why the hell, at your age, you're curled up in a fetal position crying in front of a squat rack because you worked it so hard...

http://www.bestlifeonline.com/cms/publish/health-fitness/Fight_Age_With_Muscle.shtml

Ummm, not that I've ever, umm, *cried* after squats. I had something in my eye...

Gunn27
03-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Good read, thanks! :)

OZBB
03-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Its a great article, have read it before and some of the facts are very interesting. It gives me some ammunition to fire at those fools who dare ask me why I train at my age ..... like I'm some sort of freak of nature.

I just got into the office after a pretty intense morning workout....back and shoulders... and I feel great.... my training partner is 28yo , I'm 46 .... I keep up pretty well and actually do better in some cases.......so yeah, training as you get older....way to go....hope I'm still at it when I'm 70....and older....keeps those muscles and bones strong.

OZBB

bbbom
03-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the link. Doesn't it just seem logical that the more muscle you can maintain, the healthier you would be in old age.

Wayne Evans
03-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Yep....

I've seen that article or one quite similar about 6 months ago.
I'm glad you posted this again for us old blisters stubborn enough to keep our self respect by bodybuilding.

Great read.

A gruelling one to all.

widebody195
03-20-2008, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the article. Someone at the gym this past week thought I was around 30. That really made my day.

Capt_Lou
03-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the article. Someone at the gym this past week thought I was around 30. That really made my day.

On Monday night I was lifting with my 14 year old son and some lady came up and said that it was really nice that I worked out with my little brother.

That made my Year!

greyhair
03-20-2008, 07:59 AM
Ummm, not that I've ever, umm, *cried* after squats. I had something in my eye...

Cry, never. Pass-out, thats a different story.