PDA

View Full Version : Bush bad "judgement"? An anti-semitic preacher converted him to Christianity?

MantisShrimp
03-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Every president since Truman has been counseled by a guy who said "This [Jewish] stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain."

Later, Graham mentions that he has friends in the media who are Jewish, including A.M. Rosenthal, saying they "swarm around me and are friendly to me." But, he tells Nixon, "They don't know how I really feel about what they're doing to this country."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham#Controversy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham#Pastor_to_Presidents

Point is, you can make anyone look like **** by exaggerating the potential influence of their supporters, and then taking the occasional dumb comment by the supporter out of the context of their greater career.

And how many of those presidents helped Israel? I guess these comments didn't affect their judgement.

The stupid pastor smear is embarrassing to America and its history of religious counsel.

nonAtlas
03-18-2008, 10:49 PM
http://www.findtape.com/assets/images/product-450x450/JVCC-Flame-Shield-Flame-Retardant-Gaffers-Tape.jpg

http://bart.trendmill.nl/forum/rolleyes.jpg

MantisShrimp
03-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Is it really that different? If so, why?

nonAtlas
03-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Is it really that different? If so, why?

From what?

Ruhanv
03-19-2008, 04:54 AM
Quite a thought provoking post MantisShrimp.

I was thinking about some of the statements by Rev Wright which have caused the most controversy, especially in regards to 9/11. Many political analysts, scholars and even top Democrats have said the exact same thing and no one complained.

What's this fuss all about?

MantisShrimp
03-19-2008, 07:19 AM
From what?

Billy Graham made inflammatory statements about jews. Graham has counseled every president since Truman. Did our prior presidents exercise bad judgement in accepting his counsel? Or is he just a normal MAN, prone to error, anger, and missteps, like the rest of us.

MantisShrimp
03-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Quite a thought provoking post MantisShrimp.

I was thinking about some of the statements by Rev Wright which have caused the most controversy, especially in regards to 9/11. Many political analysts, scholars and even top Democrats have said the exact same thing and no one complained.

What's this fuss all about?

Every major and minor psychological, theological, and even magical or occult ideology teaches people to introspect as a means of improving themselves. The fact that so many people flipped out at the possibility that America could have brought this terrorism on itself only shows that a lot of us are cowards who are afraid to look into what we are. Terrorism is the cost of making enemies, getting your head possibly lopped off is the potential cost of being the tall "poppy." Doesn't make our enemies RIGHT it just makes us AWARE.

grup910
03-19-2008, 07:24 AM
Caring what Obama's preacher said is like caring about pat robertson. Who really gives a damn about these religious nutcases. :rolleyes: The only power they have is the power people willingly give them.

And speaking of robertson, he was a strong bu$h supporter and advisor, a supporter who said things like 9-11 happened because of gays, and the people of new orleans deserved it, etc. No one even thought of taking bush to task for that. The double standard is pretty clear.

MantisShrimp
03-19-2008, 07:39 AM
Caring what Obama's preacher said is like caring about pat robertson. Who really gives a damn about these religious nutcases. :rolleyes: The only power they have is the power people willingly give them.

And speaking of robertson, he was a strong bu$h supporter and advisor, a supporter who said things like 9-11 happened because of gays, and the people of new orleans deserved it, etc. No one even thought of taking bush to task for that. The double standard is pretty clear.

I think they should ALL be banned from the campaign trail and the White House.
Religious figures have no place anywhere near politics in a secular democracy.