PDA

View Full Version : Hot Dogs = Good PWO meal?

kyokushin1
03-18-2008, 09:49 PM
ok so theres a donut king right across the road from my gym and after im done at the gym, i like to get a hotdog from there (with cheese, ketchup, mustard) i was wondering if its alright to make that my postworkout meal. Theres plenty of carbs in the bread and the hot dog is rich in protein so it seems alright, what do u guys think?

TheNormalMan
03-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Sounds good. And just to be doubly safe about restoring your glycogen stores, I've heard that two bavarian cream donuts and a juice smoothie with extra whip cream also help as well.

slashmash
03-18-2008, 09:52 PM
yes its perfect. the tomatoes and relish provide you with vegetables and vitamins. the bread has quick acting carbs. and the hotdog provides quality protien.
you've got a winner.
remember to wash it all down with a 40oz coca cola.

Sibrek
03-18-2008, 09:57 PM
LOL. Pretty sh*tty...not enough protein.

edit: If its after your standing ab crunches it might be

slashmash
03-18-2008, 09:59 PM

u obviously dont get that the guy is trolling.

shouldn't you be busy hating on jinglealltheway? that guys body owns you.

kyokushin1
03-18-2008, 10:01 PM

Im not trolling you dumbass its a serious question.

Thanks everyone else for your responses.

androyd
03-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Sounds good. And just to be doubly safe about restoring your glycogen stores, I've heard that two bavarian cream donuts and a juice smoothie with extra whip cream also help as well.

Enjoying your work.

TheNormalMan
03-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Im not trolling you dumbass its a serious question.

Thanks everyone else for your responses.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/salboy/WTF_Cat.jpg

Sibrek
03-18-2008, 10:05 PM

1) Hes not
2) I don't hate on him. And disagree.

solid_intensity
03-18-2008, 10:06 PM
lol they were bsin you. No don't have hotdogs.

slashmash
03-18-2008, 10:08 PM
1) Hes not
2) I don't hate on him. And disagree.

you think you have a better body?

Sibrek
03-18-2008, 10:10 PM
you think you have a better body?

What are you trying to accomplish by comparing 2 people's physiques on here? I don't think either of us have a better body than the other. Post your physique so we can critique you.

slashmash
03-18-2008, 10:15 PM
What are you trying to accomplish by comparing 2 people's physiques on here? I don't think either of us have a better body than the other. Post your physique so we can critique you.

not trying to accomplish anything...but i read the meals eating now thread a lot and you were a complete dick to him..you claimed he was underweight or something. then he owned you.
he has a stronger physique than you. admit it.

cyde
03-18-2008, 10:18 PM

edit: If its after your standing ab crunches it might be

It'd be a fine PWO after doing 43 pullups, too.

Sibrek
03-18-2008, 10:22 PM
not trying to accomplish anything...but i read the meals eating now thread a lot and you were a complete dick to him..you claimed he was underweight or something. then he owned you.
he has a stronger physique than you. admit it.

Lol we were both d*cks to each other...I assumed he was underweight and he wasnt. What about his physique is stronger than mine? And what are you trying to do by sticking up for him...? He doesn't need you.

-Foxhound-
03-18-2008, 10:23 PM
ok so theres a donut king right across the road from my gym and after im done at the gym, i like to get a hotdog from there (with cheese, ketchup, mustard) i was wondering if its alright to make that my postworkout meal. Theres plenty of carbs in the bread and the hot dog is rich in protein so it seems alright, what do u guys think?

the high fat content in hotdogs means that it wont be good PWO, it will digest a lot slower than you would like to. So no

garbury
03-18-2008, 10:32 PM
want reasons to avoid a hotdog?

Sodium nitrate, monosodium glutamate, very low quality protein (every part of the animal they couldnt sell without grinding it up and compacting it), highly refined carbohydrates in the bun, all topping besides mustard offer no nutritional value with low quality carbohydrate. Oh and did I mention sodium nitrate and msg? quick search on those should scare you some.

Stay away from that **** unless you are at a baseball game or on the 4th of july, which means only when the time is right. Heres an article with magnified pictures of processed meats. Enjoy! :)

http://www.naturalnews.com/phototour_mystery_meat_1.html

oscar mayer weiners are the third meat he does an up close on. check it out

matthor
03-18-2008, 10:35 PM
http://www.nhfishercats.com/UserFiles/Image/Dancing%20hot%20dog%20C.jpg

this guy looks healthy enough

Ppla21
03-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Well let me ask you a question..do you know what nitrates are?

slashmash
03-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Lol we were both d*cks to each other...I assumed he was underweight and he wasnt. What about his physique is stronger than mine? And what are you trying to do by sticking up for him...? He doesn't need you.

im not sticking up for him. i just lurk the meals eating now thread a lot, and noticed your comments, and was filled with joy when he owned you.

as for his physique, he has stronger chest, abs, arms, shoulders....i guess everything.

EGCG
03-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Don't eat hot dogs ever. Hot dogs are essentially tubes of reject meat grinded up together (like the guy above said). They are mostly fat.
http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/95366.html
144/180 are fat and only 6 grams of protein.

Sibrek
03-18-2008, 11:04 PM
im not sticking up for him. i just lurk the meals eating now thread a lot, and noticed your comments, and was filled with joy when he owned you.

as for his physique, he has stronger chest, abs, arms, shoulders....i guess everything.

Post your physique then I'll take your physique opinions seriously.

The Solution
03-19-2008, 02:30 AM
hot dogs are decent at best because they will contain a decent amount of fat, and for post-workout fat should be minimized to help shuttle the amino acids / glycogen back into the muscles as fast as possible.

I would also say drop the cheese as that is another fat source that could backup the process of trying to do what the objective is post-workout and that is replenishment of the muscles/glycogen