PDA

View Full Version : Pop goz the shoulder

fognozzle
03-18-2008, 10:02 PM
OK so this is my first thread here on the BB and it goes a little something like this. When I'm listening to ABBA in the mornings I.... oh, sorry, different forum, I mean, when I am doing normal daily activities (not lifting) I get a sharp pain in my shoulder if I move it a certain way. I can manipulate it and feel a popping sensation at a certain point. It does not, however, interfere with any shoulder exercise as I can do presses, raises or flies with no discomfort at all. I assume it is my rotator cuff. I am aware that these injuries can take months to years to heal properly. I do not want to stop lifting because I am already trying to make up for lost time in the gym.

So here is my question .

If I can lift (even heavy) with a motion that is not painful, am I still doing damage to my cuff or can it heal properly if not aggravated more.

Thanks for your input.

lukamar
03-18-2008, 10:07 PM
If I can lift (even heavy) with a motion that is not painful, am I still doing damage to my cuff or can it heal properly if not aggravated more.

Only a qualified professional can asses the problem you are having and you probably should make an appointment to see someone. May be nothing and then again...

fognozzle
03-18-2008, 10:18 PM
You are right. I'm more or less looking for similar experiences and their outcomes. Trust, I'm not looking for a diagnosis. I will however have it looked at if it gets any worse.

marius1
03-19-2008, 12:15 AM
i had a similar experience. At first my doc thought it was rotator cuff, then after MRI he confirmed that it was Osteolysis. Have it checked out.

boathead
03-19-2008, 05:13 AM
i had what i thought was a rc problem. after 4 years went to the doctor, and had the battery of tests done. turns out it was not the rc. was a buildup of arthritis and a torn bicep tendon.

i guess the moral is: seek professional help, and what's the point in self diagnosis?

Oncebitten
03-19-2008, 06:32 AM
If you're doing flies without pain I doubt it's the rotator cuff. Go see your Doc.

ohiobowhunter75
03-19-2008, 08:24 AM
My shoulders do the same thing.My left is the worst.They were sore so I thought I would back off a week from lifting and give my body a break.My left actually got worse the longer I did not exercise it.I started doing some light shoulder exercises and the discomfort has went away mostly.At certain points I still get a pop and some discomfort but nothing like it was.I'm going to keep up the rotator exercises 3 times a week and make sure I'm working my shoulders at all angles.

fognozzle
03-19-2008, 08:32 AM
thanks for the input. I will have it checked out.