PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one who thinks lebron james is overrated?

SkinnyWR009
03-14-2008, 02:38 PM
So I'm keeping up with the Cavs games, I've watched a whole lot now; I must say Lebron james seems very overrated according to all the hype he gets from this forum & espn. He was missing a lot of shots, and he can't drive in like he use to because of the new rule.

sammy21
03-14-2008, 02:45 PM
ok DeShawn

and you're 15

SkinnyWR009
03-14-2008, 02:50 PM
ok DeShawn

and you're 15

Deshawn? and what does being 15 have to do with anything? I probabaly watch more basketball then most people on this forum. I actually watch the games, I don't follow espn highlights.

bignpisst
03-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Yes you are, did you see what he did to the Pistons in the playoffs?

sohard88
03-14-2008, 02:55 PM
your not

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/14/deshawn-says-lebron-is-overrated/

ajn
03-14-2008, 03:51 PM
he's averaging 30-7-7, so no, he's not overrated. you are a fool if you say so. on no planet is his statline overrated.

he just gets too much hype. the problem is the media hypes him up as the best player in the league, or as the MVP, but right now he's not. so they need to chill on that.

so i guess you could say "overhyped", but not overrated.

but Lebron is overrated slightly as an offensive player. for someone so athletic he's not a strong defender. and he really cannot shoot. the only time he makes jumpers is when he's just locked in and everything is falling for him. even against the Pistons in Game 5, his form was horrible. he was just chucking the shots up and they were rattling in.

you look at some top players like Carmelo, Kobe, they don't need to be in the zone to make shots. with a guy like that, you can pretty much count on him being able to roll out of bed and hit a turnaround jumper with a hand in his face.

and for his great individual play this season, his team is only a couple games above .500 in a weak conference. hype guys up when he's actually winning, like MJ back in the day, or Chris Paul and Kobe this year.

so Lebron should not be getting this much hype until he ups his game a little

Exist 2 Inspire
03-14-2008, 03:53 PM
You and Skip Bayless.

CerealKiller
03-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Deshawn? and what does being 15 have to do with anything? I probabaly watch more basketball then most people on this forum. I actually watch the games, I don't follow espn highlights.

I guess you didn't hear DeShawn Stevenson of the Wizards called him overrated last night.

theend2
03-14-2008, 05:59 PM
name 3 better players than lebron

IllumX
03-14-2008, 06:12 PM
are you skip bayless' younger son? LOL...

what will it take you 2 to realize how good lebron is

fivas15
03-14-2008, 06:14 PM

A championship. He'll go down as the greatest player of all time. He will eventually score 100 points.

JIGSAW
03-14-2008, 06:23 PM
name 3 better players than lebron

Kobe.

Thats about it. Maybe T-Mac....bout the same.

fivas15
03-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Kobe.

Thats about it. Maybe T-Mac....bout the same.

No, not Tmac

JIGSAW
03-14-2008, 06:25 PM
No, not Tmac

T-Mac not CARRYING his team right now??

fivas15
03-14-2008, 06:27 PM
T-Mac not CARRYING his team right now??

He's not the only player on that team playing good. Ever heard of Luis Scola? Rafer Alston? Carl Landry?

KingCanuck
03-14-2008, 06:28 PM
You're 15

IllumX
03-14-2008, 06:32 PM
haha...yea..only kobe is better then lebron right now..and MAYBE chris paul. After that no real competition

lacey23
03-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Not overated. Maybe too much media expoure, but they are right. Guy's really good.

What does this mean?

and he can't drive in like he use to because of the new rule.

Scorpion613
03-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Not overated. Maybe too much media expoure, but they are right. Guy's really good.

What does this mean?

I think he's talking about the more strict rules on fouls that became enforced in the league 3-4 years ago.

lacey23
03-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I think he's talking about the more strict rules on fouls that became enforced in the league 3-4 years ago.

the one that actually favours the offensive player that's driving to the basket?

SpeedDemon9
03-14-2008, 06:51 PM
A championship. He'll go down as the greatest player of all time. He will eventually score 100 points.

Are you serious??

ajn
03-14-2008, 06:53 PM
lol, that rule is the best thing that ever happened to Lebron. he is slowly becoming worse than Wade with all the cheap calls he gets because of that.

i hardly ever see him drive and not get a foul called, whether he makes the layup or not

ajn
03-14-2008, 07:02 PM
look, listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVIBGxzrhas

the NBA actually made a rule FOR lebron. he had the famous travel on the gamewinner against the Wizards, and after that they changed the rule to make it okay for him to do that

Kevintensity
03-14-2008, 08:04 PM
he travels every other time down the floor

Heartless
03-14-2008, 10:57 PM
So I'm keeping up with the Cavs games, I've watched a whole lot now; I must say Lebron james seems very overrated according to all the hype he gets from this forum & espn. He was missing a lot of shots, and he can't drive in like he use to because of the new rule.

yea i know... Lebron James is Definitely OVER-RATED and SHOULD NOT be the MVP!

tchalldaway
03-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Deshawn stevenson> lebron James. IM lol'ing really.

sohard88
03-15-2008, 12:14 AM
look, listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVIBGxzrhas

the NBA actually made a rule FOR lebron. he had the famous travel on the gamewinner against the Wizards, and after that they changed the rule to make it okay for him to do that

lol theres like 20 videos on youtube of Lebron traveling

joeflex73
03-15-2008, 12:46 AM

So did Jordan and Iverson...and most NBA Superstars. Im a Cavs fan...and even I think hes a bit over hyped...but in no way overrated. Cavs would have 12 wins without him this season.

sillz100
03-15-2008, 12:54 AM
He is overrated because there are so many people who do not watch him play.

You look at the stats and sports center highlights and he seems like god. Most people do not watch games, they just look at highlights, maybe watch a couple games a month.... Maybe see lebron 3 or 4 times.

You actually watch a game and see that he is not on the same level as kobe yet.

Lebron can play like crap and still put up stats. Doesn't matter though there are a lot of fan-boys who fell in love with lebron cause of highlights on sports center and stats online.

SomeoneStopMe
03-15-2008, 02:25 AM

LOLZZZZ NO HE WONT the only way wilt did that is because he was a full foot taller than every guy on the court, plus he had 50 at half and the other team let him get it. kobe got 81, that is as high as its going to get in today league. greatest player of all time? time will tell. he needs a jumpshot, and learn to play d first

tmac4real
03-15-2008, 08:05 AM
He's not the only player on that team playing good. Ever heard of Luis Scola? Rafer Alston? Carl Landry?

ROFL, actuaLLY know, the majority of nba fans HAVE NOT herad of carl landry and scola.

LOL @ you naming them off like their kevin mchale and robert parrish.

JIGSAW
03-15-2008, 08:37 AM
ROFL, actuaLLY know, the majority of nba fans HAVE NOT herad of carl landry and scola.

LOL @ you naming them off like their kevin mchale and robert parrish.

tried to pay up my debt...^^^....still gotta spread............

NJLife
03-15-2008, 09:04 AM
haha...yea..only kobe is better then lebron right now..and MAYBE chris paul. After that no real competition

I think there is a lot of real competition.

Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard and a few up and comers. Just because they are big men doesn't mean they aren't as good. They do all the dirty work.

SkinnyWR009
03-15-2008, 03:47 PM
i'm gonna bump this thread after every cavs game, and prove to the sport section; that lebron james performance is going to drop

SkinnyWR009
03-15-2008, 03:51 PM
are you skip bayless' younger son? LOL...

once he can actually make game winning shots, and be able to take over the 4th quarter and win.

lol, that rule is the best thing that ever happened to Lebron. he is slowly becoming worse than Wade with all the cheap calls he gets because of that.

i hardly ever see him drive and not get a foul called, whether he makes the layup or not

x2

x2 he can't any more, watch his performance drop!

He is overrated because there are so many people who do not watch him play.

You look at the stats and sports center highlights and he seems like god. Most people do not watch games, they just look at highlights, maybe watch a couple games a month.... Maybe see lebron 3 or 4 times.

You actually watch a game and see that he is not on the same level as kobe yet.

Lebron can play like crap and still put up stats. Doesn't matter though there are a lot of fan-boys who fell in love with lebron cause of highlights on sports center and stats online.

x2, people keep on posting stats, but don't actually see how many easy shots he misses

Bulldog0520
03-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Why the **** does he need a jump shot if he's shooting a high % while scoring 30PPG and is still able to absolutely take over games in the 4th?

You people that are saying he's overrated just hate on him because of the hype he gets.

SkinnyWR009
03-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Why the **** does he need a jump shot if he's shooting a high % while scoring 30PPG and is still able to absolutely take over games in the 4th?

You people that are saying he's overrated just hate on him because of the hype he gets.

lol taking over the games in the 4th quarter?

SkinnyWR009
05-10-2008, 03:31 PM
strong bump

lol @ you guys all hyped up about lebron james told you i was right, how is going 8-42 ( 19%, Lowest in 2 Playoff Games, Min 42 games ) good? lmfao and you guys try to put him on kobe/mj level LOL!!!

TheDude824
05-10-2008, 06:10 PM
you are one of the few. A few bad games doesnt make you overrated. Look what he did against Detroit last year... Hes top 2 in the league soon to be number 1.

kooldude
05-10-2008, 07:28 PM
nodrea or something like that. He's a Boston homer that made a long thread about Lebron being overrated. You're not alone.

Scorpion613
05-10-2008, 09:43 PM

he needs a jump shot so when GOOD teams like boston crowd the lane he won't shoot 19% from the field...

he's a great player, not as talanted as Kobe, but 2nd to kobe. that says alot... he's young too, he has so much potential.

StrongInChrist
05-10-2008, 09:50 PM
he's young too, he has so much potential.

*insert potential pic*