PDA

View Full Version : Trading Lebron

BIGGUNS25
03-12-2008, 07:19 PM
now, i'm from Cleveland, i live in Cleveland, I love Cleveland, and Lebron is the greatest player in the game currently at this time, KOBE WAS. But, if Lebron were to leave Cleveland like people here are suspecting, i don't blame him! He's not going to win a championship with the garbage players around him. Even after the trade, weeks after, he's still trying to get the others to score, but they're not producing. He's still carrying to team on his broad shoulders, and saving games all by himself. He's Mr. 4th quarter bc he gives his team the entire game to try to produce, and they don't, so he takes over. Ben Wallace is making more than Lebron is, and he can't even score, and get ten rebounds a game. Wally's shooting 32%! Lebron, being the guy he is, deserves a championship, but if he leaves Cleveland, i'll still follow him. what do u think

KingCanuck
03-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Hes only 23...

How old was Jordan when he won his first championship?
How old was Gretzky when he won his first Stanley Cup?

You need to lose before you can win.

Scorpion613
03-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Honestly...

now, i'm from Cleveland, i live in Cleveland, I love Cleveland, and Lebron is the greatest player in the game currently at this time, KOBE WAS. But, if Lebron were to leave Cleveland like people here are suspecting, i don't blame him! He's not going to win a championship with the garbage players around him. Even after the trade, weeks after, he's still trying to get the others to score, but they're not producing. He's still carrying to team on his broad shoulders, and saving games all by himself. He's Mr. 4th quarter bc he gives his team the entire game to try to produce, and they don't, so he takes over. Ben Wallace is making more than Lebron is, and he can't even score, and get ten rebounds a game. Wally's shooting 32%! Lebron, being the guy he is, deserves a championship, but if he leaves Cleveland, i'll still follow him. what do u think

johnny87
03-12-2008, 07:21 PM
You cant trade lebron as its impossible to get something equal in return.

SpeedDemon9
03-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Hes only 23...

Very true!! The only team Cleveland has to worry about is the Nets grabbing LJ after the 2010 season.

qualitywah
03-12-2008, 07:34 PM
yes lebron is amazing. fav. player. the rockets are dominating right now.

BIGGUNS25
03-12-2008, 07:47 PM
the cavs need someone else who can score. preferably a big man. Z can score, but can't really play defense. Andy and Wallace can play defense, but thats it. Joe Smith has been traded more than 4 times in his career, and teams trade players for a reason. Same with Wallace. Delonte West is decent, and I hope Wally finds his shot. but there are some good free agents after this year, like Iverson, Arenas, etc., If the Cavs were to pick up a free agent, who should it be and why?

Carpathia
03-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Hes only 23...

jordan and gretzky both had hall of fame supporting casts
lebron has scrubs as team mates

BIGGUNS25
03-12-2008, 08:08 PM
if Cleveland is serious about keeping him, they need to make some moves this off season.

gixxer2184
03-12-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm upset cuz I don't think you guys are hearing me right now, i'm from Cleveland, i live in Cleveland, I love Cleveland, and Lebron is the greatest player in the game currently at this time, KOBE WAS. But, if Lebron were to leave Cleveland like people here are suspecting, i don't blame him! He's not going to win a championship with the garbage players around him. Even after the trade, weeks after, he's still trying to get the others to score, but they're not producing. He's still carrying to team on his broad shoulders, and saving games all by himself. He's Mr. 4th quarter bc he gives his team the entire game to try to produce, and they don't, so he takes over. Ben Wallace is making more than Lebron is, and he can't even score, and get ten rebounds a game. Wally's shooting 32%! Lebron, being the guy he is, deserves a championship, but if he leaves Cleveland, i'll still follow him. what do u think

tmac4real
03-12-2008, 08:21 PM
jordan and gretzky both had hall of fame supporting casts
lebron has scrubs as team mates

finally someone who sees the light. Lebron is just goddamn insane, all hte nostalgic fans want to say he's not as good as Jordan was at 23, fuk as good, he's BETTER than jordan at their respective ages.

sillz100
03-12-2008, 08:25 PM
I think he is making the players around him look worse than they are........

granted they are not amazing. but he some players to work with.

MAYBE if they ran an offense instead of give lebron the ball see how many stats he can get.

BIGGUNS25
03-12-2008, 08:27 PM
individually lebron is the best, and he will win championships i believe, but clevelands gotta make some changes. why does that one dude keep re posting my first message?

F.A.M.E.
03-12-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm starting to get pissed man!!! I'm from Cleveland, i live in Cleveland, I love Cleveland, and Lebron is the greatest player in the game currently at this time, KOBE WAS. But, if Lebron were to leave Cleveland like people here are suspecting, i don't blame him! He's not going to win a championship with the garbage players around him. Even after the trade, weeks after, he's still trying to get the others to score, but they're not producing. He's still carrying to team on his broad shoulders, and saving games all by himself. He's Mr. 4th quarter bc he gives his team the entire game to try to produce, and they don't, so he takes over. Ben Wallace is making more than Lebron is, and he can't even score, and get ten rebounds a game. Wally's shooting 32%! Lebron, being the guy he is, deserves a championship, but if he leaves Cleveland, i'll still follow him. what do u think

l3ul2n
03-12-2008, 08:33 PM
if you trade LBJ, it's impossible to get something equal in value

*DH*
03-12-2008, 09:25 PM
the cavs need someone else who can score. preferably a big man. Z can score, but can't really play defense. Andy and Wallace can play defense, but thats it. Joe Smith has been traded more than 4 times in his career, and teams trade players for a reason. Same with Wallace. Delonte West is decent, and I hope Wally finds his shot. but there are some good free agents after this year, like Iverson, Arenas, etc., If the Cavs were to pick up a free agent, who should it be and why?

Arenas to Chicago FTW

sillz100
03-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Cavs really are not that bad and but they need to run an offense......... lebron really is making the players around him look like scrubs. Its not all their fault.

Arenas to Chicago FTW

chi has duhon, kirk, gordon, hughes, do you think arenas would fit in?

CerealKiller
03-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Never should have traded Andre Miller.

sammy21
03-12-2008, 09:39 PM

Duhon said he might want to leave after this year because of lack of playing time...I think Gordon should go also.
Arenas
Hughes
Deng
Thomas
Noah (bleh)
with Hinrich, Noc, gooden off the bench...not too bad.

sillz100
03-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Duhon said he might want to leave after this year because of lack of playing time...I think Gordon should go also.
Arenas
Hughes
Deng
Thomas
Noah (bleh)
with Hinrich, Noc, gooden off the bench...not too bad.

oh ya i forgot it was contract year for gordon and deng?........... this off-season could go horribly for bulls

JJP11
03-12-2008, 09:54 PM
we just made the nba finals last season. its not like we have been one and done in the playoffs year after year. they are progressing. besides that, this team has been riddled with injuries. every week another guy goes down. they need to get healthy and gel.

-RAIn-
03-12-2008, 09:59 PM
superstars never get equal trade value

what'd Orlando get when they traded Shaq?
what'd the Wolves get when they traded Garnett?
or how about everyone's favorite this year..what did the Grizzlies get when they traded Gasol?

the NBA would love for LeBron to end up in a place like NY or the soon to be Brooklyn Nets & since LeBron would rather be an icon than a champion, then he'd fit perfectly. imagine him in a Knicks uniform..

Scorpion613
03-12-2008, 10:05 PM

or how about everyone's favorite this year..what did the Grizzlies get when they traded Gasol?

the NBA would love for LeBron to end up in a place like NY or the soon to be Brooklyn Nets & since LeBron would rather be an icon than a champion, then he'd fit perfectly. imagine him in a Knicks uniform..

Shaq wasn't traded from Orlando, he was a free agent and signed with the Lakers. The Grizzlies didn't care who they got for Gasol, they wanted someone with an expiring contract so they could clear some cap space.

just sayin... :p

johnny87
03-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Cavs really are not that bad and but they need to run an offense......... lebron really is making the players around him look like scrubs. Its not all their fault.

id like to see an arenas hughes backcourt again.

Garnett
03-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Never should have traded Andre Miller.

That's an interesting player right there. He's tough and gritty enough to compliment LBJ at point. They still need a versatile big man who can score down low, defend and hit a 15' jumper too. Give Lebron that, and you'd have an eastern conference favorite for the next several years.

CerealKiller
03-12-2008, 10:34 PM
That's an interesting player right there. He's tough and gritty enough to compliment LBJ at point. They still need a versatile big man who can score down low, defend and hit a 15' jumper too. Give Lebron that, and you'd have an eastern conference favorite for the next several years.

I think they gave up on Drew Gooden too soon.

Compoundlift83
03-12-2008, 10:38 PM
getting rid of boozer was foolish

CerealKiller
03-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Actually Boozer got rid of them.

soleus
03-12-2008, 10:43 PM

What did the 76ers get for Charles Barkley....Tim Perry, Andrew Lang and Jeff Hornacek :D

-RAIn-
03-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Shaq wasn't traded from Orlando, he was a free agent and signed with the Lakers. The Grizzlies didn't care who they got for Gasol, they wanted someone with an expiring contract so they could clear some cap space.

just sayin... :p

crap..I completely forgot Shaq was an FA that year & West worked his magic..thx

k well..shutup..u got the point damnit!! lol

but yeah..superstars never get u full value..

remember all the Kobe trade rumors earlier this year? NONE of those would've been equal value for KB24

Scorpion613
03-12-2008, 11:07 PM
crap..I completely forgot Shaq was an FA that year & West worked his magic..thx

k well..shutup..u got the point damnit!! lol

but yeah..superstars never get u full value..

remember all the Kobe trade rumors earlier this year? NONE of those would've been equal value for KB24

the thing with Kobe was... no one wanted to trade their superstars for Kobe. The mavs were interested in Kobe but weren't willing to trade Dirk (LOL! I bet they regret it now), and any other team who would get Kobe would have to trade either a superstar or half their roster. If he got traded to the Bulls he would have no one and it would be LA all over again...

-RAIn-
03-12-2008, 11:14 PM
the thing with Kobe was... no one wanted to trade their superstars for Kobe. The mavs were interested in Kobe but weren't willing to trade Dirk (LOL! I bet they regret it now), and any other team who would get Kobe would have to trade either a superstar or half their roster. If he got traded to the Bulls he would have no one and it would be LA all over again...

well I mean..not like I care about it now..but its really hysterical to look back at it now..

Mavs didn't wanna trade Dirk..DIRK??..in hopes of getting Kobe?
Bulls didn't wanna trade Luol Deng..LUOL DENG??..in hopes of getting Kobe?

I'm sure Kobe's no-trade clause impacted the packages cuz we all know he still wanted some good players around him to a team he would be traded to..but if not for the no-trade clause AND our Lakers management not wanting to say they traded Shaq AND Kobe, then I think KB24 wouldn't be in a Lakers uni right now

k I'm done with this..LAKERS 3peating again starts this year..YAH I SAID IT damnit!!

Lion_Heart
03-12-2008, 11:30 PM
If Cleveland is serious about keeping Lebron they should keep Jay Z away from him because it looks like Lebron will be throwing up the diamond in a Brooklyn Nets uniform.

chemz
03-13-2008, 08:57 AM
theyre is something strange about it i agree. look at larry hughes right now. suddendly he is playing like the old larry hughes of Washington. he is a scoring machine now for chicago. Look at gibbons, he scored 30 points in rookie game but with cavs, he plays like a piece of s**t.

I think Lebron intimidates alot of his teammates, thats the reaon their teammates is not performing.

tmac4real
03-13-2008, 09:02 AM
theyre is something strange about it i agree. look at larry hughes right now. suddendly he is playing like the old larry hughes of Washington. he is a scoring machine now for chicago. Look at gibbons, he scored 30 points in rookie game but with cavs, he plays like a piece of s**t.

I think Lebron intimidates alot of his teammates, thats the reaon their teammates is not performing.

scoring machine lol? Hughes averages 3 more points with the Bulls (bringing it up to 15 ppg) than he did with Cavs.

BIGGUNS25
03-13-2008, 09:43 AM
hughes is probably still not right in the head after what happened with his wife and brother. He doesn't seem to have any drive anymore. James should stay away from Jay Z, but it wouldn't be an issue for another 2 years though. I think if James won a championship before then, he would re consider a change in teams. but what free agents could Cleveland pick up to help James? Are there any point guards, or big men that will be free?

chemz
03-13-2008, 09:47 AM
hughes is probably still not right in the head after what happened with his wife and brother. He doesn't seem to have any drive anymore. James should stay away from Jay Z, but it wouldn't be an issue for another 2 years though. I think if James won a championship before then, he would re consider a change in teams. but what free agents could Cleveland pick up to help James? Are there any point guards, or big men that will be free?

what happened to his wife ?

BIGGUNS25
03-13-2008, 12:39 PM
all i know is that she supposedly had some serious illness

chasebattle
03-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Here me out...

I'm starting to get pissed man!!! I'm from Cleveland, i live in Cleveland, I love Cleveland, and Lebron is the greatest player in the game currently at this time, KOBE WAS. But, if Lebron were to leave Cleveland like people here are suspecting, i don't blame him! He's not going to win a championship with the garbage players around him. Even after the trade, weeks after, he's still trying to get the others to score, but they're not producing. He's still carrying to team on his broad shoulders, and saving games all by himself. He's Mr. 4th quarter bc he gives his team the entire game to try to produce, and they don't, so he takes over. Ben Wallace is making more than Lebron is, and he can't even score, and get ten rebounds a game. Wally's shooting 32%! Lebron, being the guy he is, deserves a championship, but if he leaves Cleveland, i'll still follow him. what do u think

collegeBBer
03-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Sometimes I just wanna eat my own ****. i'm from Cleveland, i live in Cleveland, I love Cleveland, and Lebron is the greatest player in the game currently at this time, KOBE WAS. But, if Lebron were to leave Cleveland like people here are suspecting, i don't blame him! He's not going to win a championship with the garbage players around him. Even after the trade, weeks after, he's still trying to get the others to score, but they're not producing. He's still carrying to team on his broad shoulders, and saving games all by himself. He's Mr. 4th quarter bc he gives his team the entire game to try to produce, and they don't, so he takes over. Ben Wallace is making more than Lebron is, and he can't even score, and get ten rebounds a game. Wally's shooting 32%! Lebron, being the guy he is, deserves a championship, but if he leaves Cleveland, i'll still follow him. what do u think

Heartless
03-13-2008, 03:38 PM

lebron is not currently better than kobe /thread.

SomeoneStopMe
03-13-2008, 03:39 PM
2010 Shaq and steve nash will off our books, and not resigned probably. we will pick lebron and he will be part of the phoenix suns :)

Heartless
03-13-2008, 03:48 PM
2010 Shaq and steve nash will off our books, and not resigned probably. we will pick lebron and he will be part of the phoenix suns :)

yea right, that wont happen. lebron wont want to go to phoenix arizona. he will end up in a city with a large market.