PDA

View Full Version : How will eating fat preworkout hinder gains?

2 D
03-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Say I'm going running, but just remembered I ate 7-8 almonds like 50 minutes ago, do I really need to wait a while longer to get accurate fat loss or is it just a myth?

I'm curious to know because I usually have a few eggs in my breakfast w/oats and greek yogurt, but I feel compelled to wait like 2-4 hours so the fat is more digested. Should I not stress about it as much?

Dracoy
03-05-2008, 04:01 PM
I don't think it will hurt you that much.

I actually avoided fats a while pre-workout, now I don't care anymore. I actually have had better workouts with some fat pre-workout. Usually I have a small bag of almonds in my pre-workout meal.

It probably isn't optimal, but do what works for you. Yea don't worry about those almonds.

mightydustloop
03-05-2008, 04:10 PM
7-8 almonds 50 minutes ago? Go at it! No seriously, fats in minor portions have never hindered my gains. In fact, I like a little to delay protein absorption preworkout just a tad. Otherwise, things like my preworkout shakes feel like they get absorbed literally as I'm drinking them, and I'm still hungry when I get to the gym. A crappier workout's not gonna help matters. Eat your fats pre-workout. Just keep it low post work out.

in10city
03-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Say I'm going running, but just remembered I ate 7-8 almonds like 50 minutes ago, do I really need to wait a while longer to get accurate fat loss or is it just a myth?

I'm curious to know because I usually have a few eggs in my breakfast w/oats and greek yogurt, but I feel compelled to wait like 2-4 hours so the fat is more digested. Should I not stress about it as much?
Outside of being fish oil, it won't.

Alan addresses the fat around training question here: http://user210805.websitewizard.com/files/unprotected/AARR-Jan-2008.pdf

pm39120
03-05-2008, 04:14 PM
i tried eating less than 10g of fat pre-wo and ive done 20+g pre-wo and i notices better gains with the higher fat intake

Aindreas
03-05-2008, 04:17 PM
i tried eating less than 10g of fat pre-wo and ive done 20+g pre-wo and i notices better gains with the higher fat intake

x2, I always feel better mentally and physically if I eat a balanced meal w/ everything.