PDA

View Full Version : First Time Cutter - Need Help! (stuck to a vegetarian diet)

Vante
03-05-2008, 12:04 PM
My Background

The following are my stats

Age - 19
Height - 5'5''
Weight - 147 lbs

Currently I am following Bill Starr's 5X5 (Intermediate program). (The only change I have made is the addition I have made is 3 sets of curls and 3 sets of extensions on Monday with Moderate weight, because I have twig arms and they seem to respond better to more stimulation).

I am also looking to start a HIIT program soon.

I am probably around 15 - 20% bf at the moment (Educated guess, as I do not have access to a fat measuring device for the moment). I would like to drop down to 10-12%.

Goals

My long term goal is to have a well balanced, proportionate physique, while have an excellent strength ratio (pound for pound).

My lifting stats are in my bodyspace, they are below avg, which is why I need a suitable program to cut without losing LBM, and maybe even improve my performance in the gym.

My research in these forums lead me to Iron Addict's TCD program in this thread (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=748534).

My Problem

Now, heres my major problem, Since I still live with my family (financial reasons), and they are deeply religious I cannot cook meat in the house. Therefore the only things I can eat are

Eggs
Cheese
Lentils and Legumes
Peanut Butter
WW bread
Cottage Cheese / Paneer
Whole fat Homemade Yoghurt
Milk
Innumerable amount of Veggies (Tomato, cucumber, cabbage, cauliflour etc.)
ONs Whey

Now, I was a little surprised by the amount of carbs in Lentils, and I was wondering whether eating enough of them for substantial protein would result in too many carbs pre workout, and thus be detrimental to TCD?
They happen to be my main source of protein and fibre.

Also I would appreciate if you guys could have a look at my diet and critique on the same.

My Diet

Maintenance Calories - 2250 (as per this calculator (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm))

So Calorie intake on a cut will be will be - 1800 kcals

Macro Breakup - P/C/F - 40/15/45 - 180gms of Protein/68gms of carbs/90 gms of fat

Breakfast - 8:30 AM

2 boiled Eggs
2 Tbs of Peanut Butter
1 Scoop of ONs 100% Whey

Cals - 464
p/c/f - 45/11/27

Lunch - 12:30 PM

Lentils + Cheese + Veggies (??)

Cals - 338
p/c/f - 34/5/20

** I am just not sure how I am going to keep the carbs that low. I havent figured out the meal to be eaten here that could give me the macros I need.

Post Lunch Meal - 5:00 PM

Paneer - 3 Oz (85 gms)

Cals - 300
p/c/f - 20/3/23
(Iam not sure about the macros) (http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/generic/paneer)

PreWorkout - 7:00 PM

1 Scoop ONs Whey

Cals - 120
p/c/f - 24/4/1

Post Workout - 8:30 PM

1 Scoop ONs Whey
Variety of carbs to choose from (Oats, WW bread, SugarCane Juice etc) (around 25-30gms)

Cals - 240
p/c/f - 24/30/0

Dinner - 9:30 PM

Lentils + Cheese + Veggies (??)

Cals - 338
p/c/f - 34/5/20

** I am just not sure how I am going to keep the carbs that low. I havent figured out the meal to be eaten here that could give me the macros I need.

IN CONCLUSION

Also, please let me know if the above diet seems too less, as I am eating much more nowadays (however, this was on a bulk mentality, and I sure as hell am not losing any fat, maybe gaining very slowly).

Honestly speaking, I have never really counted calories before, and this will be my first attempt.

And I know its a long read, so REPS for all who have stuck with it till now. :D

tsave31
03-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Why are you cutting at 147 pounds?

Vante
03-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Why are you cutting at 147 pounds?

My abdomen at my naval measures in at 33 inches. My waist is 32....

Basically, its just too much fat to keep carrying around. I d suppose I would like to lose about 10 pounds and then reaccess my goals and my methods from there.

Also, do remember that I am short, and at 5'5'', 147 lbs is about avg.

On the other hand, I also want to keep gaining at the gym, which is why I am leaning towards a TCD diet.

tsave31
03-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I would bulk first and add 15 pounds, then cut from there. Cutting before you have anything underneath is going to make you look all bone.

friedrice683
03-05-2008, 12:43 PM
I agree with the above users

or you can try a recomp - eat maintenance but high protein, work your ass off, and assess in a month or two...

Vante
03-05-2008, 12:55 PM
You guys dont think TCD will let me gain lbm and lose the fat at the same time?

FYI, size isnt very important to me. I am not looking to be huge. My routine is strength centric.

My shortterm goals are to keep improving my lifts on a regular basis and to reduce bodyfat.

According to the article I linked, I should be able to do that with TCD.

thoughts?

tsave31
03-05-2008, 01:07 PM
You guys dont think TCD will let me gain lbm and lose the fat at the same time?

FYI, size isnt very important to me. I am not looking to be huge. My routine is strength centric.

My shortterm goals are to keep improving my lifts on a regular basis and to reduce bodyfat.

According to the article I linked, I should be able to do that with TCD.

thoughts?

Nope...I don't think it'll work like you are thinking it will work. Putting on muscle mass and cutting fat (especially as a vegan, no offense), is a very difficult task in the ratios that you would like to see. Generally on a cut, the main goal is to shed fat with minimal muscle loss according to a good diet. On a bulk, you want muscle mass with minimal fat gain. There really is no magical simultaneous cut/bulk that you are looking for. Pick one or the other.

ConanHC
03-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Nope...I don't think it'll work like you are thinking it will work. Putting on muscle mass and cutting fat (especially as a vegan, no offense), is a very difficult task in the ratios that you would like to see. Generally on a cut, the main goal is to shed fat with minimal muscle loss according to a good diet. On a bulk, you want muscle mass with minimal fat gain. There really is no magical simultaneous cut/bulk that you are looking for. Pick one or the other.

I totally agree. you can't do both. It's one or the other.

Reps to tsave.

Vante
03-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Then probably I could do the same routine as mentioned above but add 500 cals to my maintenance to make it 2750 cals? I hear TCD is good for bulking while gaining min bf.

Should I cut out HIIT, or would it help me keep bf to a minimum?

Vante
03-05-2008, 08:29 PM

Oh, and I am no vegan bro. I am a meat eater, chicken, bacon, etc, I love my meat.

But, till I am living in parent's house, I need to observe their rules...... Just the way it has to be for now....

BTW REPPED!