PDA

View Full Version : What do you eat for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner for a MUSCLE BULKING/GAINING DIET

italican07
03-05-2008, 11:20 AM
I heard eating oatmeal is good but that has like no protein whatsoever...are Oats and Oatmeal the same thing?

I bought a lot of beef jerkey cause that's all protein so i figured it would be good throughout the day/after workout.

What should I eat for breakfast lunch and dinner as a muscle building diet.

The Solution
03-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Breakfast - also my pre workout
1.5 cups DRY oatmeal ( before cooking ) + a banana diced in it after cooked
1 scoop of whey in 1 cup skim milk

Lunch - 10oz Egg Beaters
1 cup brown rice
Veggies
1 tbsp of Olive Oil

Dinner - Same as above but replace with 4-5oz of chicken

welcome to college and bulking easy

lth
03-05-2008, 11:45 AM
college and bulking easy? Thats something i need to ask....just got out of the military and going to a university in the spring....how hard is it to keep good nutritional habits in college..food selection,etc. I'd rather miss training sessions than have flaws in my diet...

FullOut19
03-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Breakfast

1 cup of Dry Oats before cooking
1 scoop of whey protein
1 tbsp of pb
all thrown into the Oats after microwaved...

Lunch
16oz of Skim milk
1 scoop of whey protein
1 tbsp of pb
an apple or a banana

Dinner
8oz of Grilled Chicken
w/e veggies the cafe is serving (usually broccoli or corn, potato's if they got it)
apple

comealive
03-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Breakfast

1 cup of Dry Oats before cooking
1 scoop of whey protein
1 tbsp of pb
all thrown into the Oats after microwaved...

Lunch
16oz of Skim milk
1 scoop of whey protein
1 tbsp of pb
an apple or a banana

Dinner
8oz of Grilled Chicken
w/e veggies the cafe is serving (usually broccoli or corn, potato's if they got it)
apple

That looks like what I've eaten by about 12:30..... That is no bulk!

To the OP, use the many thousands of calculators available online to find out your daily caloric needs, and build a diet off of that. Not overly hard if you spend the time. Lots of threads detailing good sources of Protein (Beef, poultry, fish, etc) Carbs (Oats, rice, sweet potato, etc) and fats (Pb, oils, etc). Eat clean and eat lots. Oatmeal and beef jerky alone aren't going to fill you up. Jerky is fine, but I'd spend rather spend less money, on more actual meat.

BowflexJunnie
03-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I heard eating oatmeal is good but that has like no protein whatsoever...are Oats and Oatmeal the same thing?

I bought a lot of beef jerkey cause that's all protein so i figured it would be good throughout the day/after workout.

Oats and Oatmeal is the same. You can eat it raw or cook it with 2% milk.
Beef Jerkey is not a good idea because it is very salty.

Breakfast should be Oats (hot or cold) which ever you prefer with 2%milk
Lunch you could have cottage cheese, wheat bread and tuna
Dinner should be hearty and fulling which could be chicken or steak your choice of rice or potates and vegetables like green beans or carrots.

BlueFenix13S
03-05-2008, 02:23 PM
college and bulking easy? Thats something i need to ask....just got out of the military and going to a university in the spring....how hard is it to keep good nutritional habits in college..food selection,etc. I'd rather miss training sessions than have flaws in my diet...

I eat pretty much the same thing every meal. Every meal has identical macros, just vary the food choices a bit.

TheWaffleIron
03-05-2008, 02:57 PM

ive been bulking in college for four months. a completely clean bulk is extremely difficult, but a regular bulk is doable. it can be expensive, and i rely on the grocery store off campus more than the meal-plan.
also cheating occurs at least a few times a week, more than i desire, but that is inevitable

mcdbb
03-05-2008, 03:01 PM

You can eat all the protein you want and you will not get bigger. If protein alone built muscle everybody in the United States (where the population eats far more protein than they need) would be ridiculously buff. The gym is what gives your body a reason to grow, nutrients are like the building blocks. Yes, you need protein to do that but there is no sense in eating all the protein in the world because the majority of energy to go to the gym is going to come from carbohydrates.

So stop worrying when a food doesn't have protein in it and just eat carbohydrates. Besides, carbs are cheap. Protein is expensive.

Sgt T-Man
03-05-2008, 03:03 PM
You can eat all the protein you want and you will not get bigger. If protein alone built muscle everybody in the United States (where the population eats far more protein than they need) would be ridiculously buff. The gym is what gives your body a reason to grow, nutrients are like the building blocks. Yes, you need protein to do that but there is no sense in eating all the protein in the world because the majority of energy to go to the gym is going to come from carbohydrates.

So stop worrying when a food doesn't have protein in it and just eat carbohydrates. Besides, carbs are cheap. Protein is expensive.

what?

IWantIt
03-05-2008, 03:19 PM
My breakfast:

8 oz. milk + 1 scoop of whey
3 pieces of whole wheat toast
1-2 tbsp of olive oil (goes on the lightly toasted bread mmmmm)
3 hard boiled eggs