PDA

View Full Version : adderall - wil it affect my gains?

Thrillryder23
03-04-2008, 09:41 PM
I know this is a weird question but I am prescribed to adderall and take it whenever I need to study - only when I need to study.

But I don't know anything about it. I know it sounds stupid and most people will say how could one small pill hinder your effects so much. Well my neurologist tells me its made from crystal meth and that stuff is serious. Anyone know anything about this, enough to apply maybe some nutritional knowledge and put 2 and 2 together because I can't.

Thanks

willldabeast
03-04-2008, 09:44 PM
I took it for a while, it is actually a good thing you posted this. i lost a lot of weight on it, some people use it appetite suppressant. there is a good chance it will make you never feel hungry. make sure you keep your calories up and you will be good to go.

Thrillryder23
03-04-2008, 10:07 PM
I took it for a while, it is actually a good thing you posted this. i lost a lot of weight on it, some people use it appetite suppressant. there is a good chance it will make you never feel hungry. make sure you keep your calories up and you will be good to go.

Thanks for the response.
Yea it does kill my appetite but I usually just eat anyway.

I guess what I'm really wondering about is the chemical composition of the drug. Because I know it increases your heart rate and other things, I'm wondering if that (combined with its other effects) maybe triggers anything harmful.

Jerbee02
03-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Well my neurologist tells me its made from crystal meth and that stuff is serious
Your neurologist must be high to tell you that. While it's true that adderall is an amphetamine, it's not derived from a methamphetamine.

I guess what I'm really wondering about is the chemical composition of the drug.

The basic racemic amphetamine consists of levo- and dextro-amphetamine. l-amphetamine is not considered as "fun" as d-amphetamine. 10 mg Adderall contains:

Dextro-amphetamine Saccharate- 2.5 mg;
Dextro-amphetamine Sulfate(USP)- 2.5 mg;
Racemic-amphetamine Aspartate- 2.5 mg;
Racemic-amphetamine Sulfate- 2.5 mg.

That's a total of 6.3 mg of the straight base amphetamine (excluding the salt weights).

"Meth" is meth-amphetamine, which is a type of amphetamine. The "meth" from Meth-amphetamine comes from the chemical name "methyl". The chemical Methamphetamine is composed of an amphetamine molecule with an additional methyl group attached to its nitrogen (amine group). A methyl is one of the simplest atomic groups which can be added to a molecule: it is a single carbon atom with a set of (usually) 3 hydrogens. Adderall is simply a brand name for a particular mix of different "stereoisomers" (same atoms connecting at the same places, just pointing in different directions in space at one point in the molecule) and salts of amphetamine. Take a look at the page describing Adderall for a little more info about this.

In any case, the only effect you'll likely have is a suppressed appetite, which if you're bulking, you'll need to recognize and eat anyway. If you're cutting, make sure you're getting your planned food intake and be glad you aren't going to be hungry.

source: http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=2846

Thrillryder23
03-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Thats exactly what i wanted to know. Thank you.

OprahWinfrey
03-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Maybe.

I'm prescribed the XR. Personally, I found it hard to even eat. Forcing doesn't work well either, you just don't want to eat. That'll probably be your biggest challenge. I can't take it everyday for that reason.

And trigger anything harmful like what? Only thing I noticed was increased energy which came in handy for cardio. My heartrate and everything else was fine.

Thrillryder23
03-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Maybe.

I'm prescribed the XR. Personally, I found it hard to even eat. Forcing doesn't work well either, you just don't want to eat. That'll probably be your biggest challenge. I can't take it everyday for that reason.

And trigger anything harmful like what? Only thing I noticed was increased energy which came in handy for cardio. My heartrate and everything else was fine.

My personal experience is never good with XR. I never know when it is going to hit me or keep my diet suppressed.

I take the generic salt tablets which work much better for me, and may for you too, for these reasons.

To keep me hungry and able to eat when I'm on adderall I usually just cut the pill into either 2's or 4 pieces (20mg pill). 5g usually keeps me in line for about 2 hours so I'll take a quarter pill, eat then take another quarter. I control when the adderall hits me and keeps my diet down.