PDA

View Full Version : Weigh lost stopped (help)

raindog
03-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Help (I'm stuck)
A little background. I'm 47 years old, 6'5 and currently weigh 237 pounds. Here's my problem. I've been lifting for 15 years and always weigh between 245 and 275. Just a big guy. On Jan 1 I weighed in at 251, and decided to see how ripped I could get. Here is what I'm doing

1.Cut calories to 2500 a Day 30 fat/30 carb/ 40 protein ( my charts say I can eat 4300)
2.Lift 4 times a week. (push / pull every other and legs on sat)
3.I was doing cardio 5 times a week (cut now to just off days 40 min on treadmill on light jog. My knee started to hurt)
4.Supplements ( creatine SAN V12, Protein shakes made with berries and Flex seed oil)

My problems is I've lost 15 pounds in the first 7 weeks and now I've been stuck in the same weigh for almost 2 weeks. My training is going great and I've lost 2 inches in my waist. But is it possible to keep putting on muscle and lose weight too. My goal is to be 6'5 225 and ripped. Is there something I need to change?
Raindog

Charger
03-03-2003, 04:05 PM
Up your cals slightly. Your body has adapted to the decreased cals and so has your metabolism. Up the cals again a bit and it will kick start your metab. It works, I know because I did the same thing last year. This is where a cheat meal now and then also helps. Once your body thinks it is starving, it cuts back the metab, and also will conserve fat and burn muscle, not good.
Trust me, up the cals, keep em clean and you will start losing again.

Belle
03-03-2003, 04:50 PM
Your doing too much here. I know..I did it myself and I stalled. I actually thought that more would mean more weight loss, but it sent my body into famine mode. Rather than actually mess around with calorie levels, just try doing less each week. Drop back a cardio and a weights session for sure, because you need a good days rest in between workouts. I do not do cardio and I only work out x3 days per week for an hour. At the moment it's only upper body because I damaged my knee and so by accident I have discovered that dropping back activity as effected weight loss again. I could never had eaten more than I was eating in the way of protein or calories and I am eating 5-6 times a day when I am good.

This last two week, I have cheated more and exercised less and seen weight loss STILL.

TrishB
03-03-2003, 06:46 PM
Like Charger said..time to up the calories now. Change around your diet and cardio routine every few weeks to kick start the metabolism.

raindog
03-04-2003, 07:05 AM
Thanks Everyone
I thought I might have cut my calories back to much. But the way I think "a little is good and a lot is better". I will cut a lifting day out to 3 and drop my cardio down to 3 also for a month and see what happens.
Charger,everyone
You used the words "clean cals". What would you suggest?
Should it be more protein and what kind of food? I'm getting sick of eggs, one big protein shake a day is about all I can get down. I sit at a desk all day and I need something easy to eat..
I did hit a couple of Girl scout cookies this last weekend. Just a couple of cookies not boxes like the old days.
I just need to back off the gas a little, I want it NOW.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"
-Albert Einstein

TwoWalks
03-04-2003, 04:10 PM
I agree with Charger, Belle and Trish ... way too low on the calories. I am 5'10" 205 and at 1600 calories I stopped also. Each week, I would add 150 calories to the diet until you see the weight going off again. By increasing slowly you will not store a lot of fat waiting for the metabalism to kick back in.

Weight loss is a touchy affair:D

TrishB
03-04-2003, 04:24 PM
I just discovered Detour bars, thanks to everyone here suggesting them.......OMG they are sinfully good.
A little on the expensive side, but well worth it.

Spread the meals out to 6x day. Stock up on chicken, turkey, low fat cheeses, veggies, protein bars, natural peanut butter.

You might want to quit the creatine for a month, get rid of some of the water weight.

And one day a week ...eat whatever you want. Even girlscout cookies. :)