PDA

View Full Version : Solar belts or saran wrap?????

CrazyKid
01-22-2002, 11:50 AM
I have heard that those solar belts, or using saran wrap around your waist doesnt really help burn fat, but does raise the body heat in that particular area. Whats the deal with these? And if i do it, it cant have any negative effects can it?

CrazyKid
01-22-2002, 05:58 PM
anyone?????

jdm001
01-22-2002, 07:13 PM
I've heard of this phenomena of 'heating' up an area, but it falls into the catagory of spot reduction. Spot reduction is nearly impossible, the only way to reduce fat in one particular spot that is known is liposuction.

You can generate heat to sweat more, and lose some waterweight. But, losing this waterweight is nothing more than weight that will be put back on when you drink water through/after your workout. Wilt Chamberlin was known to lose about 20lbs a game every night in the nba, but he would put it back on by the next morning.
The wrap is nothing more than an attempt at spot reduction that eliminates water from the body.

drew
01-24-2002, 02:13 PM
jdm is right....hear it does work for most but think of this....when you get to take it off AFTER the workout, its gonna be pretty nasty and SOAKED. Alot of work to put it on and take it off when its all water weight anyways.