PDA

View Full Version : Fat Loss and Sagging Skin

priapis
03-01-2003, 03:43 PM
For any of the over 35 bro's out there:

After losing quite a bit of abdominal fat (ECA and yohimburn), I now for first time in life have less than tight skin over abs. i'm mid 40s. a little saggy (probably more noticable to me than others). this sucks.

anyone else go tru this and found something to alliviate the problem and tighten up the excess skin?

LateStart
03-02-2003, 05:21 AM
Wish I had good news brother, but I've got loose skin and can't do a thing with it. I went from my all-time high of 220 lbs (about 15 years ago) down to my current 160 and the gut shows it.

Men in this situation do get tummy tucks, but I cant' afford it so I'm thinking of getting those Everlast shorts that pro boxers wear above the naval :)

Belle
03-02-2003, 06:13 PM
I have loose skin on my abs too. VERY. However, I think you will find that there is still some fat underneath there and that is why it is flabby still at the moment. I read an article a while back by a guy online whom said most people get to that stage and then give up because they "think" the flabbiness is not going to smooth out. However, it will take some time for your body to get rid of the residual fat in the flab and also to tone it.

Whilst I'd like mine to be gone, I realise that it is not going to happen over night. In fact as my tummy decreases in size it does seem to be pulling up. I have before shots and I am going to prove it to folks that they don't need surgery and tummy tucks. :)Watch this space.

Belle
03-02-2003, 06:16 PM
I have had five babies and there was a lot of stretching, and this shot was taken before I started on my first BFL challenge which was from some months ago in October 2002:

Belle
03-02-2003, 06:17 PM
Watch how it pulls up slightly with loss of abdominal fat. Just have some faith in your bodies ability to shrink the stuff. I am sure if you pinch it right now (your flab) you will feel there is still a little fat sitting in there ---it's like feeling a bean bag, you'll feel the little fat cells in there---well that is still pulling the skin down. Once that goes, your skin will be able to shrink.

Belle
03-02-2003, 06:26 PM
it just seems to me that there is some definate shrinkage. I'll be taking some more shots sometimes this week to have a look myself to see the changes and I'll post here if I think there are each time I do one. Be interesting to see what happens to flab when we shrink huh?

M
03-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Belle
I have loose skin on my abs too. VERY. However, I think you will find that there is still some fat underneath there and that is why it is flabby still at the moment. I read an article a while back by a guy online whom said most people get to that stage and then give up because they "think" the flabbiness is not going to smooth out. However, it will take some time for your body to get rid of the residual fat in the flab and also to tone it.

Whilst I'd like mine to be gone, I realise that it is not going to happen over night. In fact as my tummy decreases in size it does seem to be pulling up. I have before shots and I am going to prove it to folks that they don't need surgery and tummy tucks. :)Watch this space.

I totally agree. Mine is from babies too, and it has improved remarkably with weight loss and ab work and is "pulling up" just like you said. Time seems to help a lot. And like you also said, I have noticed that the parts that still remain do have some fat left there, so I am never going to give up. I'm determined to keep lowering my bodyfat. One thing I've learned is that it can look worse before it looks better, because the fat filled out the skin making it appear tighter. But trust me, it gets better soon.

I can't wait to see your after shots :)

Marina

gbat
03-02-2003, 06:56 PM
I have this to look forward to as you can see by my pic below posing with my favorite supp. Ladies, does it help to rub it down with lotion every day or is that an exersize in futility?

M
03-02-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by gbat
Ladies, does it help to rub it down with lotion every day or is that an exersize in futility?

I do use a rough loofah type sponge and put on one of those skin firming lotions after I shower. I figure, what the hell, it certainly couldn't hurt. :)

Marina

P.S. That's Optimum Nutrition powder right? Have you tried the pina colada flavor, and if so, is it good?

priapis
03-03-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by LateStart
Wish I had good news brother, but I've got loose skin and can't do a thing with it. I went from my all-time high of 220 lbs (about 15 years ago) down to my current 160 and the gut shows it.

Men in this situation do get tummy tucks, but I cant' afford it so I'm thinking of getting those Everlast shorts that pro boxers wear above the naval :)

what kind of dollars were they talking about?

gbat
03-03-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by M
I do use a rough loofah type sponge and put on one of those skin firming lotions after I shower. I figure, what the hell, it certainly couldn't hurt. :)

Marina

P.S. That's Optimum Nutrition powder right? Have you tried the pina colada flavor, and if so, is it good?

I put cheapo lotion on my face every day, it's prone to dryness. Then I put some on my belly if I think of it. I don't have a loofa, steel wool no good, huh? :D

I have not tried Pina Colada. I have heard pro and con on it. I'm a Vanilla kinda guy but sometimes put Nestles Quik in it.

LateStart
03-03-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by priapis
what kind of dollars were they talking about?

I never asked because it's not covered by my insurance.
Been reading alot this weekend. It seems the younger you are, the better you're chance of the skin making a comeback. I was overweight as a kid, and according to what I've read, fat (adipose) cells never go away - they just shrink which is why you're more likely to put it back on.

tracyb555
03-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Belle - very nice improvements! Like you, I want to keep working on it to see what happens.

Belle
03-03-2003, 01:33 PM
I took shots this morning. Could not find my bikini so took them after getting out of the shower. I think I am getting firmer in general and that the flab is shriniking. I think if you were too lose weight too quickly you would have some superflous skin, but if you go slow, you firm the skin at the same time as losing the fat so it isn't so bad.

Belle
03-03-2003, 01:46 PM
all shoved on one background. cool, I think I have done really well. This is week 1, week 4 and now this week...

Belle
03-03-2003, 01:47 PM
GOOD BYE FAT AND FLAB...WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I tell you, you just don't know how amazed I am by the progress in a few weeks of doing this. Have some faith guy's. None of you could POSSIBLY have stretched as large as I did, and if I can beat the flab anyone can!

LateStart
03-03-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Belle
all shoved on one background. cool, I think I have done really well. This is week 1, week 4 and now this week...

Very impressive - You're smart keeping pictures of your progress too. Keep up the good work!!

jdel80
03-03-2003, 04:17 PM
well I know this may not be the answer, but I am in this catagory I have lost a ton of weight and my mid section is loose, I am weight trainng and eating even better, and I have seen VERY SLOW progress but in the mean time take a look at this

www.underarmor.com

these are like compression shirts ?? for a lack of a better word .

I have a few and I wear them, VERY comfortable and VERY VERY tight, they feel great under any shirt. I know this isn't the answer but on days when I am feeling down, I throw one on , and take at least one compliment that day on how I have progress'd.

JD