PDA

View Full Version : Kids in Hosp

kendo
02-28-2003, 04:07 AM
Sorry I haven't been in much lately guys but this week I got a call from the hospital this for my two youngest daughters to come in straight away for a tonsil removal op they have both been waiting for for a quite a while. Both of them went through the op yesterday together, one is doing fine and may get home today the other has high temp and might have to stay. I took time off work but had to come in today to administer/supervise a pre scheduled online exam that's where I am now :) . Anyway might be a bit distracted for a while but I'll try and get into the forum when I can.

M
02-28-2003, 04:37 AM
Kendo, when my son had his tonsillectomy, everyone said, oh don't worry, it's no big deal...but there is something absolutely terrifying about watching your child get wheeled into an operating room regardless of the reason.

Prayers and best wishes for the speedy recovery of your daughters.

Marina

Hibiscus09
02-28-2003, 05:39 AM
Kendo, sorry about your children. Brittany was in the hospital with an infection when she was 9 months old & that scared me a lot. Brian, Jr. had strep 5 times & they threatened tonsillectomy if he caught it again but I guess his tonsils heard because they straightened up & we didn't have to go through that. I'll keep your girls in my prayers! :)

Are you a school teacher or professor?

giantfan43
02-28-2003, 06:48 AM
Kendo -

Best of lucks with the kids .. I'm sure things will be fine .. it certainly is a scary feeling being in the hospital with kids .. about 3-years ago, my then 3-year old son had a high fever, seizure and then actually stopped breathing .. turned blue and everything .. thank God for 911 and the emergency folks in the area .. he was rushed to the hospital and was in the emergency room for 8 hours ... so, my feelings and thoughts are with you !

fitnessman
02-28-2003, 07:03 AM
Prayers from here!

Gator
02-28-2003, 07:14 AM
Prayers here as well..

Gator

wspe
02-28-2003, 07:29 AM
Best to you and the kids!!!!

tracyb555
02-28-2003, 07:54 AM
Kendo,

Hope your kids have a speedy recovery. I'm sure all will be fine, but being a mom, I can certainly understand the anxiety.

Take care,
Tracy

iluvlifting2001
02-28-2003, 07:58 AM
I am sure everything will go good. hope they have a speedy recovery!

Eye2_Man
02-28-2003, 08:21 AM
Both at the same time? Hope it all goes good and both are home soon.

MagicMel
02-28-2003, 08:50 AM
Thoughts & prayers for you and your family.

edster951
02-28-2003, 09:09 AM
I have a rather relaxed attitude about surgical procedures as I'm used to work in the operating theatres as a nurse. I was was always in Mr Nygaards theatre, our local ENT surgeon, so I have seen hundrededs of tonsillectomies.

One may have been on the verge of another tonsillitis attack again, hence the temp. Or did she suddenly get the high temp during surgery??

Your two daughters will be fine. I also have two kids, one who has had surgery (grommets). Knowing what goes on certainly helped me.

Good luck bo, and to your kids.

bb5-0
02-28-2003, 10:14 AM
I wish your girls a speedy recovery Kendo.
It's never funny to be in hospital, but I think it's worse when it's not you, but someone you love, and especially children.

I hope you will have some time to pop in at the gym and work all this stress away! I'm with you in thoughts!

Belle
02-28-2003, 02:05 PM
I was fortunate to escape being at the hospital with my kids (despite having so many) I'm lucky to have four so healthy that being there with Ashley a lot means I can cope. If the other's had to be in there I'd be a wreck to be honest. Even with Ashley we have only had 5-6 crisis really (with ear infections) and even now I know so much, I still feel powerless at times when he is in there and extremely worried. I can never leave, even when they say go home and get some rest and we will look after him. It's not that easy. I sleep better when I'm there than I do if I were to go home and not know what is happening.

Aran once had a hydrocele and had to have an op to close the hernia up at aged four and I paced up and down outside the theatre until it was finished and they brought him out. But that is the only op really I have had to worry about for any of mine so far. To be honest I hope Ashley never need's one--it's slightly more complex for him and they need to give him massive doses of his drugs before during and after.

Hope your kids make a rapid recovery and they are at home and things get back to normal for you guys soon...

Phatman1179
02-28-2003, 04:26 PM
My thoughts and prayers for you as well, keep your sprits high!!

TwoWalks
02-28-2003, 08:57 PM
Hope the girls are doing well and Dad is holding up also:)

Macattack
03-01-2003, 05:00 PM
Hope Daughter is well by now Kendo.....

kendo
03-02-2003, 04:41 AM
Kids are home, but they're not feeling great as you would expect. They have to stay in for a few weeks so with the way me and the missus work schedules are, training etc might be put on the back boiler for a while. Thanks everybody for the kind words.

Hibiscus09
03-02-2003, 05:56 AM
Glad they're home, Kendo. I hope they start feeling better soon. :)

Charger
03-02-2003, 08:37 AM
Glad to hear kids are doing well, home is good. Father first, bodybuilder second, as should be the way of things. Make the best of your rest and I hope for a speedy full recovery for your girls.

Macattack
03-02-2003, 10:59 AM
GOOD GOOD i like good news:)

kendo
03-02-2003, 11:22 AM
I may just hope that there isn't going to be a threat of clothed women in Fur attire in the Middle East for a few weeks, or some of you guys may have to come over. I guess with spring here there is less of a poseable risk!

tracyb555
03-02-2003, 11:46 AM
Kendo, glad to hear the kids are doing well.

Originally posted by kendo
I may just hope that there isn't going to be a threat of clothed women in Fur attire in the Middle East for a few weeks, or some of you guys may have to come over. I guess with spring here there is less of a poseable risk!

It's cold & snowy here in Chicago. I think the furs will be coming back out!

TrishB
03-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Just read about the kids...glad that they are doing ok.
Sounds like dad had a tougher time than the kids. ;)

Just hanging out tonite, trying on the fur collection....getting the camera ready.....

kendo
03-05-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by TrishB
Just hanging out tonite, trying on the fur collection....getting the camera ready.....

Quit teasin Trish :eek:

Kids are doin fine still sore but the cat was hit by a car yesterday its whole back end is completely "skinned" bones sticking out everywhere and now she has to have her back leg amputated - the kids aren't amused so we're all havin fun at the ranch here!

TrishB
03-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Sorry about your cat Kendo. :(
I hope all goes well. What's next to happen in your household??

BTW....I won't ever stop teasing. :)

Belle
03-05-2003, 05:00 PM
That sounds awful. Poor kitty. I presume is it the hind leg is it?

Hibiscus09
03-06-2003, 09:16 PM
I always have bad things happening in groups like that! Sorry about your cat. :(

Hope everything gets better soon!!