PDA

View Full Version : Escalating density training ?

giantfan43
02-27-2003, 09:53 AM
Has anyone done this ?? Saw some info on it posted by Obadiah and Phatman ... curious if either of you or anyone else has done this .. I did a search and couldn't find much on it here .. gonna also check out Testosterone site based on phatman suggestion but wondering it anyone here has done this .. looks like a good workout and I'm getting ready to switch in a few weeks once my back has enough time to heal itself. Was considering GVT but since my back injury, I'm re-thinking for now.

TwoWalks
02-27-2003, 10:29 AM
Giant FAn, Not I. I have also been looking at it, since Obadiah posted those links. In four weeks, I have to make a decision and set new goals. Look forward to hearing from anyone that has infact done this workout also.

gbat
02-27-2003, 07:00 PM
There are a lot of great workouts floating around. I am presently being intrigued by Max-OT.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100226

Did chest and back with it, under 30 minutes, really blasted and a sense of growing. A lot of thinking went into it. Check out the pdf. Haven't done legs yet, kinda stuck on GVT there. Maybe I'll make up a hybrid.

giantfan43
02-28-2003, 06:42 AM
Obadiah -

I'm an HIT'r as well but I'm looking for a switch .. when you did this, did you use all the exercises they recommended or did you replace them with your own split / routine ?

Charger
02-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by giantfan43
Was considering GVT but since my back injury, I'm re-thinking for now.

GVT would actually be good considering. GVT is hard, it's not working out with heavy weights, you are using around 60% of your max for reps, less likely to hurt your back doing reps vs heavy weight. Just a thought.

Anomeley
02-28-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by gbat
There are a lot of great workouts floating around. I am presently being intrigued by Max-OT.

Did chest and back with it, under 30 minutes, really blasted and a sense of growing. A lot of thinking went into it. Check out the pdf. Haven't done legs yet, kinda stuck on GVT there. Maybe I'll make up a hybrid.

The Max-OT rocks, I have done a hybrid of it for years before I ever even heard of it. Its basically the way I have always lifted since I train for strength and power. It's not for everyone though.

Phatman1179
03-01-2003, 07:27 AM
Just found this web site and although I do not do EDT thought you guys might like it:

www.edtsecrets.com

enjoy

Gollum
03-01-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by gbat

gbat,

I like this too.My usual workout is actually quite similar but the MAX-OT articles showed me some mistakes I was making.I have reduced my training time yet again and increased my poundages.I like the way this is going and will probably morph into a complete MAX program for a while,before I move on to something else.

giantfan43
03-03-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Charger
GVT would actually be good considering. GVT is hard, it's not working out with heavy weights, you are using around 60% of your max for reps, less likely to hurt your back doing reps vs heavy weight. Just a thought.

Charger - I will look at GVT again .. maybe I misread the workout and I will admit, I haven't been following all the posts...

Gbat / Gollum - I've looked at max-ot several times and actually incorporated some of their methods into my HIT workouts .. not for me right now though .. want to stay with less heavy weights for the next 6 - 8 weeks.

Obadiah - thanks for the w/o post .. gives me some ideas ....