PDA

View Full Version : Which Beef to Eat???

Svenska
02-26-2003, 10:33 AM
i found a thread that mentioned this earlier, but can't find the damn thing again with the searches i ran.

I remember that lean red meat and lean ground beef are good, but with the beef, which cuts particularly should you look for and avoid?

i'm a huge filet mignon fan, but i hear that's a huge no-no.
<<<wipes tears from eyes>>>

T-Bar
02-26-2003, 11:01 AM
BEEF RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beef.htm

fitforlife
02-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Eye of round and london broil are the two leanest.

janderstein
02-26-2003, 12:48 PM
I usually gage by the package, lean ground beef is not as lean as you think, and I opt to avoid it entirely, except for a refeed. As far as the cuts go, Flank, rounds and sirloin are some of the leanest cuts, but dont take the butchers word for it, eye the meat , if it says round, but has the marbeling of a rib eye, toss it, and move on to the next package, you should look for a nice red meat, with little marbeling.

Tim
02-26-2003, 01:35 PM
Top round and eye of round are the leanest cuts.

Timbo
02-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Well, give a third vote to eye of the round and top round/london broil. These cuts are actually not that expensive either

While filet mignon looks extremely lean and there is virtually nothing to trim, this is where the marbling comes in. Did you ever wonder why it's so juicy and tender and practically melts in your mouth? Well, there's quite a good amount of fat marbled in the beef.

As far as ground beef goes, choose extra or super lean versions that are 90% lean or greater. Ground sirloin is usually a good choice, as it's 93% lean or better in most cases.

Svenska
02-27-2003, 07:26 AM
wow, thanks for all the great input guys! and the links too, definately helpful!

DIESE1
12-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Top round and eye of round are the leanest cuts.

i got a qust. plz : the roast beef is a trop round piece ?!?

THE_TRUTH86
12-15-2009, 02:14 PM
i eat sirloin steak, flank steak, 96/4 ground 93/7 ground, filet mignon (sometimes), sirloin roast, tri-tip

dj_tiesto
12-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Grass-fed.

I enjoy organs the most: heart, calf liver, tongue, sweetbreads, testicles...
Then, a fatty steak.
Then, ground beef, 90/10
Then, a roast or london broil.

dj_tiesto
12-15-2009, 02:20 PM
i found a thread that mentioned this earlier, but can't find the damn thing again with the searches i ran.

I remember that lean red meat and lean ground beef are good, but with the beef, which cuts particularly should you look for and avoid?

i'm a huge filet mignon fan, but i hear that's a huge no-no.
<<<wipes tears from eyes>>>

Keep eating your fillet mignon. The "saturated fat and cholesterol" issue has been a myth spoon-fed to us for 50+ years by the grain/carbohydrate lobby.

knox07
12-15-2009, 02:51 PM
i eat either a new york strip, or a ribeye steak every other day. bring on teh fatz

gbardahl
12-15-2009, 03:33 PM
i eat either a new york strip, or a ribeye steak every other day. bring on teh fatz

REPPED FOR EATING GOOD STEAKS

If your going to have steak those are da best tastin :)

A+