PDA

View Full Version : Specific Fat Loss.

Yin-Yang
02-26-2003, 04:59 AM
Has anyone out there tried the combo listed below or any of these products. I'm interested in the cutting gel specifically. I realize there is no magic pill except busting your butt, eating, and supplementing correctly. I'm just curious... good, bad, or indifferent.

Thanks.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/wgtcombo.htm

NutraSport Cutting Gel, Syntrax Guggulbolic and Optimum Diet Boost.

Gator
02-26-2003, 05:01 AM
Nope never have..
But Im sure youll get some input here..

Gator

MiloMan
02-26-2003, 05:11 AM
Rip-off. If you know there is no magic pill, then the question answers itself.

Minotaur
02-26-2003, 05:46 AM
If you want a 'cheap' cutting gel, use Preparation H. Really. All it does (cutting gels and Prep H) is remove the water from the tissues. The effect lasts for several hours, but then the tissues rehydrate.

WarriorPoet
02-26-2003, 06:01 AM
Yah it's crap, I heard good things about Yohimbe transdermals but have no personal experience. Lipoderm and Yohimburn are the products I've heard about.

little lats
02-26-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by WarriorPoet
Yah it's crap, I heard good things about Yohimbe transdermals but have no personal experience. Lipoderm and Yohimburn are the products I've heard about.

Yep!

MagicMel
02-26-2003, 07:17 AM
Don't know anything about Cutting Gel, but as WarriorPoet states, Lipoderm and Yohimburn are the two that stand out on this site.
The combination of any ECA with Guggulbolic is a good stack. Optimum Diet Boost is a true ECA in that it contains the Aspirin part of ECA. Quite a few thermogenics only have EC. In fact, Diet Boost also adds another mild stimulant in the form of Synephrine. Just by itself, Diet Boost seems to be a good thermogenic. IMO

TwoWalks
02-26-2003, 07:52 AM
Cutting Gel - saran wrap etc: Each reduce an area through water loss that returns with re-hydration.

Theory: Fat breaks down with heat - apply heat during a workout to low thermo areas and that fat will break down. This will help get rid of the love handles as this is a low thermo area. Theory

Does it work - I have never met anyone that is worked on for more than a day or two. Is it a rip off - huuuum entering a contest in two days:)

Yin-Yang
02-27-2003, 01:22 AM
Thanks for all the reply's. As you say, I've answered my own question. Doesn't hurt to hear from the masses though...

Not into competition, just good health.

Charger
02-27-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by MagicMel
Optimum Diet Boost is a true ECA in that it contains the Aspirin part of ECA. Quite a few thermogenics only have EC.

Mel, most ECA's use white willow bark or something to that affect, same as aspirin I believe.
I am trying real hard this year(cutting seas.) to not use the eca's. I am not jumping on the "there too dangerous" band wagon but they make me moody and I'm moody enough without them.

Phatman1179
02-27-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by WarriorPoet

Agree, I havn't tried either but I here the Yohimburn is pretty effective and breaking up the fat. But if you havn't really nailed down your diet I wouldn't try anything untill you get that house in order.

Yin-Yang
02-27-2003, 09:32 PM
Phatman, Yes... what you eat and when is what it's all about.

WarriorPoet
02-28-2003, 06:06 AM
You know I think everybody even competitors should diet down without any weight loss supps a least once in their life as low as you can go with a sensible diet plan and exercise. That way you learn obout your body and what it responds too. The next time you have the good diet now you can add some stuff that might help you out, get you leaner. If your not competing in my opinion you should never have to use diet supps cuz everyone can get as low as they need to go without supps.

priapis
03-01-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Charger
Mel, most ECA's use white willow bark or something to that affect, same as aspirin I believe.
I am trying real hard this year(cutting seas.) to not use the eca's. I am not jumping on the "there too dangerous" band wagon but they make me moody and I'm moody enough without them.

Try cutting out the A part of the ECA stack. it only marginally reduces effectiveness, but greatly diminishes the sides (jittery hands definately, and maybe in your case the moodiness)

also, Yohimburn (topical) is pretty close to magic for love handles - actual fat loss not just water loss

www.yohimburn.com

Charger
03-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by priapis
Try cutting out the A part of the ECA stack. it only marginally reduces effectiveness, but greatly diminishes the sides (jittery hands definately, and maybe in your case the moodiness)

also, Yohimburn (topical) is pretty close to magic for love handles - actual fat loss not just water loss

www.yohimburn.com

How would that help jitters? Just curious, since the other two ingredients would cause the jitters in my opinion.

priapis
03-01-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Charger
How would that help jitters? Just curious, since the other two ingredients would cause the jitters in my opinion.

you would think, but I've seen lots of different sources saying this. don't recall the mechanism. but i use the individual components and I know when I add the A, i get the shaky hands. No A, no shakes.

still feel jacked, alert energy, etc, but i want that. the shakes i can do without.