PDA

View Full Version : making consistent gains when cycling creatine

marcus, oxford
02-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Good evening everyone. Any tips on other supplements with which to cycle creatine (using Prolab Crea Mono - 4 weeks on/4 weeks off )? I seem to get a month of gains followed by stasis. Tried Prolab glutamine but wasn't overly impressed. I am a 38 yr old ectomorph, have been training seriously for nearly 4 months and gained 26 lbs but the gains have occurred during the "creatine months" and, not surprisingly, are slowing. Incidentally, have been using Nlarge 2 as a protein drink. I would welcome some insights, thanks so much.

Eye2_Man
02-26-2003, 07:25 AM
Same thing noticed here. A PM was sent to you.

Macattack
02-26-2003, 04:24 PM
Cut down on the weeks off?

Eye2_Man
02-26-2003, 05:56 PM
Kind of wish creatine wasn't started. The pump and swollen feeling has left after 5 weeks. But it seems like there's still a lot of water bloat in the midsection from the creatine. Which ain't too cool when dieting and trying to cut down.

I decided to stop today for at least 2 weeks (thanks to your post). That means no Lava after workouts and most likely a loss in strength. Plus, more cash outlay for a different kind of post-workout shake while the 3 tubs of Lava (yeah, it's that good) just sit on the shelf.

Another learning experience.

marcus, oxford
02-27-2003, 10:55 AM
Thanks Mac, a sensible idea. Any recommendations on what I should replace the Creatine and Nlarge2 with if am going to try and cut down (i.e. a supplement and a drink)?

Eye2 - I've got a bit of bloat too. Not a spare tyre, more a kind of inner-tube thing going on!