PDA

View Full Version : Meal plan... Bulking or cutting?

strikerjojo
01-09-2007, 05:49 AM
Hey guys, Just got on the forums, But I wiegh 150 lbs. Im a dedicated bastard when it comes to this. Ive been into lifting for a good 2 months and I don't plan on stopping. But I've noticed the "Bulking up" and "Cutting stage". I've always been skinny so I dont think I need to cut down just yet... I need to bulk the hell up. Here is my diet, Let me know if I should change something.

Wake up: 7:00AM

Meal 1 - 3-4 boiled eggs, Take boiled yolks out, Fill them with cottage cheese (Delicious by the way.) After I'm done I take my AST Multi Pro 32x vitamin.

Snack - 9:30AM - 10:00AM: I work at a school, So we eat lunch around 11:30-12:00. Sometimes I dont eat a snack but if I do, its a pack of peanut butter cracker nabs or whatever out the machine.

Meal 2 - Lunch - 12:00PM
I drive down the street to the local food lion. Buy sunkist lunch packs of tuna. 22g+ per pack. I get two and eat them both. Along with an apple or banana.

Snack - 5:00 PM
Usually a banana or apple.

Lift. After lifting I take ON whey and mix it wth MM (muscle milk) makes aobutg a 50g protien shake and I down that.

Meal 3: Whatever my mom cooks, Usually lots of meaty stuff.

Thanks guys.

markcoughlan
01-09-2007, 06:07 AM
You should be eating 3000 calories a day Ithink you have the wrong idea of what snacks are,you should be eating 6 meals a day with a good portion of protein and carbs in each.here my opinion of your meals.

Wake up: 7:00AM

Meal 1 - 3-4 boiled eggs, Take boiled yolks out, Fill them with cottage cheese (Delicious by the way.) After I'm done I take my AST Multi Pro 32x vitamin.You need carbs and theres none in this meal have a bowl of oatmeal

Snack - 9:30AM - 10:00AM: I work at a school, So we eat lunch around 11:30-12:00. Sometimes I dont eat a snack but if I do, its a pack of peanut butter cracker nabs or whatever out the machine.This is a crap meal you need alot more protein

Meal 2 - Lunch - 12:00PM
I drive down the street to the local food lion. Buy sunkist lunch packs of tuna. 22g+ per pack. I get two and eat them both. Along with an apple or banana.fine eat the banana and the apple

Snack - 5:00 PM
Usually a banana or apple. again you need protein in this meal

Lift. After lifting I take ON whey and mix it wth MM (muscle milk) makes aobutg a 50g protien shake and I down that.fine

Meal 3: Whatever my mom cooks, Usually lots of meaty stuff.depend too little info

jonny_danger
01-09-2007, 06:07 AM
What you should do is reference some of the other threads on bulking and get some good ideas for meals and how much you should be taking in. There's a lot of good info in this section, you just have to find it.

Couple starting points.

Fitday.com, free, measures how many cals you're taking in and your %s.
Use the "advance search" feature on here and find threads on calculating your BMR and create a meal plan and all that fun stuff. Username Boyscout always posts a really good link to a calculator for that.

Few easy things to incorporate food wise:
Oats w/milk and Whey
Whole Wheat Bread with natural peanut butter
chicken in a ziplock bag, good for on the go

Ditch the pb and crackers out of the machines, make some natural pb sandwiches or pb and triscuits if pb is your thing.

strikerjojo
01-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Yea, PB kicks ass.

But I cant take in but so much calories aday. Im naturally a skinny little guy. I cant eat but so much before I feel like I'm going to explode. How do I up my calories a day? I tried to get 2500 calories a day once, I thought I was going to die. And I woke up at like 1 in the morning with my eyes about to pop out of my head awake O_O. And couldnt go back to sleep.

Any suggestions?

markcoughlan
01-09-2007, 06:34 AM
Meal repalcement shakes are a good suggestion as you only have to drink them also the more you stick to working out the hungrier you will get.Also you only need 3 exercises

Squats

deadlift

Bench press

If you concentrate on those 3 exercises for 3 days a week,lift heavy and eat right you will grow

For example monday to 9 sets of heavy squats

wednesday to 9 sets of heavy bench press

Friday to 9 sets of heavy deadlifts

Reps 4-6 and rest 3 mins inbetween sets, warm up properly before you do this and if your unsure how to do do these exercise get proper instuction
If you pm you email address I will send you the max ot program on word formatt.its the best program for hard gainers

strikerjojo
01-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Thanks Ill PM you now.
But right now my exercise is this.

I lift every other day. Sometimes if I'm filled with energy, Ill lift two days in a row. But usually I leave a rest day inbetween lift days.

3 sets of dumb bell curls standing up.
3 sets of dumb bell shoulder lifts sitting.
3 sets of dumb bell arnold concentration curls for each arm sitting bent over.
3 sets of bench pressing.

My legs are fine thats why I dont do much lifting on my legs, I play soccer every weekend on a hispanic league and I need my speed. And I rarely do abs. I may do 3 sets of situps on an off day or something.

But I do 3 sets of 8.
Sometimes on the last set I cant do 8 because im shot, I lift heavy where I can hit 8 on the 1st and 2nd set, but probably on the third I cant do 8. If I hit the 8 rep on the 3rd set. I move up on the wieghts. Two months I went from 110 bench to 175 3 sets of 8.

Sound good? I need to work on my eating. Right now the way im eating I get my 150+g of protien (I weigh 150lbs), But I'm not gettign enough calories to bulk as you said. I can tell some difference in my body shape (Check pics in bodyspace). But my over weight, Has not changed one bit. Maby my fat I had before changed to muscle? I dunno. But I will PM you now.

markcoughlan
01-09-2007, 07:08 AM
If you want to grow you must train your legs and thats a fact.Doing the exercises I suggested will make your whole body grow as those exercises release Growth Hormone.There the most anabolic exercises one can do

strikerjojo
01-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Ok cool.
I really want my upper body to explode.
On my off days, Ill throw in squats and such. I do all my lifting in my room. I hate going to the gym and seeing 250lb monsters bench 500lbs and everyone screaming, Then theres little me, in the corner doing his 3 sets of 175.

Ill make it tuesdays squats with my bench press bar.
mon and wed. my regular workout.
what should thursday be?

markcoughlan
01-09-2007, 07:14 AM
This is probably a better program to start off on then maxot as you sound more like a beginner, its used more for fatloss but if u have 2 portions of carbs with the first 3 meals instead of one portion you should gain muscle

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Life-Mental-Physical-Strength/dp/0060193395/sr=8-2/qid=1168355512/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-7098843-1491266?ie=UTF8&s=books

markcoughlan
01-09-2007, 07:15 AM
www.bodyforlife.com

TroyM
01-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Meal repalcement shakes are a good suggestion as you only have to drink them also the more you stick to working out the hungrier you will get.Also you only need 3 exercises

Squats

deadlift

Bench press

If you concentrate on those 3 exercises for 3 days a week,lift heavy and eat right you will grow

For example monday to 9 sets of heavy squats

wednesday to 9 sets of heavy bench press

Friday to 9 sets of heavy deadlifts

Reps 4-6 and rest 3 mins inbetween sets, warm up properly before you do this and if your unsure how to do do these exercise get proper instuction
If you pm you email address I will send you the max ot program on word formatt.its the best program for hard gainers

what do you recommend for meal replacement shakes? Alot of people on the forum don't think GNC products are great...I'm only on ON Whey right now, i'm needing a weight gainer so i can get all the calories that i need.

strikerjojo
01-09-2007, 07:25 AM
Ya, Im a huge beginner.
Started about 2 month ago lifting. And started eating more healthier last week.

But thanks for yhour advice. Im going to look into how to up my calories.

markcoughlan
01-09-2007, 07:32 AM
I dont recommend weight gainers as they put alot of crap in there to just up calories,you need calories when bulking but quality calories a good way of upping cals is to add fruit to meal replacements like bananas and strawberries as for quality brands myoplex ,eatsmart ,fullstrength and lean mass complex are good .

strikerjojo
01-09-2007, 07:37 AM
What about fast food? Obviously not alot, But maby mcdonalds every now and then for a cpl double cheeseburgers or soemthing? There insane calories and fat.

TroyM
01-09-2007, 07:49 AM
striker, you sound just like me...i'm trying to gain weight, but having alittle trouble with it...markcoughlan...What are some good quality calorie foods that i can just pick up a kroger? i know you already said fruits...

strikerjojo
01-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Ya its wierd troy. We look at others who over eat and complain about how fat they are. When we are trying our best to find a way to get over weight somehow almost. We know how to keep the wieght off and tun it into muscle, or atleast have the willpower too. I just have to find somehow a clean way to bulk up. Once I bulk up, I can easily cut down with no problems. I just have the worst time bulking.