PDA

View Full Version : "Class People Here"



MagicMel
02-24-2003, 09:06 AM
Posted by Charger to Hibiscus09 in the "...swept under carpet" thread
...I'll say one thing, you got class!

Posted by Chi_town in the same thread
Class people here IMO.
Everyone in the Over Age 35 forum has class. That's why I like it here.
This forum is "flame retardant".
The maturity level is way beyond any other forum.
Can you imagine what the tone of that thread would be in the Supplements forum?

Thanks to everyone here for making this forum a CLASS ACT!

Minotaur
02-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I love this forum too. :)

JimRW
02-24-2003, 09:52 AM
Can I hang out even though I am not quite 35 yet?

Original Poster
02-24-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by JimRW
Can I hang out even though I am not quite 35 yet?

We'll have to teach you the secret handshake first. ;)

LOL

tracyb555
02-24-2003, 10:21 AM
I agree! Even though we may have different political views, life views, whatever, we can respect our differences and all get along. What a great place to be!

Gator
02-24-2003, 10:41 AM
I say we all meet in Vegas at Mandalay Bay or Hedonism and have a "Spring Break Reincarnated"..LOL

But honestly, everything is open here which allows people to be who they want to be w/out the crap..
Couldnt be better..

Just my .02 tho

Gator

tracyb555
02-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Gator - with the weather in Chicago, a trip to somewhere warm sounds fantastic! What time are you coming to pick me up? :)

little lats
02-24-2003, 10:53 AM
I will grab you guys on the way to O'hare. I think Chi's other idea of Cancun would be nice. Boy what a drunkin party that would be.

TwoWalks
02-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by JimRW
Can I hang out even though I am not quite 35 yet?

OK just don't act your age:D

JEFF7322
02-24-2003, 11:08 AM
Yeah I say we all go down and teach all those college/university kids the meaning of muscle maturity and that age and treachery defeats youth and enthusiasm!
-JEFF

TwoWalks
02-24-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Gator
I say we all meet in Vegas at Mandalay Bay or Hedonism and have a "Spring Break Reincarnated"
Gator

This might have been said "Tongue in cheek" but you know that is a truly great idea :)

Original Poster
02-24-2003, 11:25 AM
I'll be in Miami thursday, Key West friday, Nassau on saturday and sunday..........see ya'll there. LOL Actully going on a cruise without the kids (yahooooooooo ;) - like rabbits I tell ya.)

I'll also be in Vegas in late april. The Mandalay Bay ideas sounds good to me.

Latt's the only way I would do cancun would be if we had enough of us older folk to take over part of a resort from the kiddies.

PEACE

Hibiscus09
02-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Vegas, Cancun -- either/or! Sounds like fun!

Gator
02-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Saweeeett !!!!
Then tell us what time youll be at Sloppy Joes on Duval. They have a web cams all over the place, we can watch you get hammered !!!
Go to..http://webcam.keywest.com/

It will take you out of the winter blahs !!! Trust me..

Gator



Originally posted by Chi_town
I'll be in Miami thursday, Key West friday, Nassau on saturday and sunday..........see ya'll there. LOL Actully going on a cruise without the kids (yahooooooooo ;) - like rabbits I tell ya.)

I'll also be in Vegas in late april. The Mandalay Bay ideas sounds good to me.

Latt's the only way I would do cancun would be if we had enough of us older folk to take over part of a resort from the kiddies.

PEACE

MagicMel
02-24-2003, 11:35 AM
Mandalay Bay sounds great to me. That was where we stayed on our last anniversary.
For those of you that don't know, it has a man-made beach with a wave machine that generates some real surf! Let's make it a "Muscle Beach" party this summer after everyone's done cutting!

Original Poster
02-24-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Gator
It will take you out of the winter blahs !!! Trust me..

Gator

It surely can't hurt as I'm starting to really hate these midwest winters even though OUr winter has been mild in the snow department.


Thanks for the link gator.....I can't wait.

Phatman1179
02-24-2003, 11:42 AM
I vote Cancun. I love that place.

Phatman1179
02-24-2003, 11:43 AM
Oh Yeah, I Forgot to mention that you guys ROCK

Gator
02-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Give us a lil FYI time wise when youll be there Chi !!!!
Ill look ya up..

Gator

Originally posted by Chi_town
It surely can't hurt as I'm starting to really hate these midwest winters even though OUr winter has been mild in the snow department.


Thanks for the link gator.....I can't wait.

Dutchman
02-24-2003, 11:59 AM
Gator as a Hedo II vet with several weeks of Hedo experience, I'll volunteer to act as guide and overall source of information.

mainer001
02-24-2003, 12:37 PM
I just want to say as someone new to this board that everyone has been helpful in answering my questions. Very different from other boards where you get flamed for having a different opinion or heaven forbid a "stupid" question. You guys will make it much easier when tougher times hit and I might not want to hit the weights as hard as I should.

Thanks everyone. This is a classy place to be.

Gator
02-24-2003, 12:59 PM
And with the new additions they added, ya cant beat it..
A glass bottom hottub over the bar ??
I dont think i had a better time any place else...
Thats place rocked !!!
So much to do, so lil time..lol

Gator

Originally posted by Dutchman
Gator as a Hedo II vet with several weeks of Hedo experience, I'll volunteer to act as guide and overall source of information.

Hibiscus09
02-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Okay -- I'm not getting in the hot tub!! LOL

Belle
02-24-2003, 07:01 PM
You can't go in the hot tub again cos it's only kinky the first time. ;) Gotta find something else now that rocks... LOL!

phikappa
02-25-2003, 10:21 AM
Yep, everyone's been pretty nice to me (thanks guys!). I kind of feel like Sally Field when I'm here...."you like me, you really like me!" However, I'll stay out of the hot tub with Hib until I get to know you guys a little better :D

Brother Phil
02-25-2003, 07:51 PM
Yep, everyone here is like, totally cool man! I have learned a lot from you and can honestly say that I would not be making the progress I am without your help. I gotta go, I'm getting misty...

giantfan43
02-25-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Phatman1179
I vote Cancun. I love that place.
I'll second the Phatman .. you guys rock !! and I love cancun too !

Haven't been there in about 10 years though .. last time I was there my wife (girlfriend at the time) hung out in a place called Senor Frogs .. reminded me of my blurry college days !

Gator
02-27-2003, 05:26 AM
How bout a hammock in Mexico ??
LOL

Gator

Originally posted by Belle
You can't go in the hot tub again cos it's only kinky the first time. ;) Gotta find something else now that rocks... LOL!

Hibiscus09
02-27-2003, 05:37 AM
Sounds good to me!

Phatman1179
02-27-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by giantfan43
I'll second the Phatman .. you guys rock !! and I love cancun too !

Haven't been there in about 10 years though .. last time I was there my wife (girlfriend at the time) hung out in a place called Senor Frogs .. reminded me of my blurry college days !

Been there and Done that! Took my 17 year old in there for dinner with me and my wife. Were in there long eno9ugh to eat and laugh a bit. Get ready to go and he says " I'll catch up to you later, Think I'm going to hang here for awhile" I'm like "Let's see, Leave my underage son in a bar, in mexico, nice try Jr get in the cab" Got to give him points for trying though....

giantfan43
02-27-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Phatman1179
I'm like "Let's see, Leave my underage son in a bar, in mexico, nice try Jr get in the cab" Got to give him points for trying though....

Big time points on that one ! .. bet Dad would have liked to stay with him for a bit ... LOL!

Hibiscus09
02-27-2003, 07:38 AM
My daughter went to spring break in between high school and college to Cancun. We picked them up from the airport & they were all traveling in their pajamas. LOL We stopped by a Ruby Tuesday's on the way home from Charlotte and they all picked up the drink menu -- we broke the news to them that they were back in America sitting across from parents. :)

giantfan43
02-27-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Hibiscus09
My daughter went to spring break in between high school and college to Cancun. We picked them up from the airport & they were all traveling in their pajamas. LOL We stopped by a Ruby Tuesday's on the way home from Charlotte and they all picked up the drink menu -- we broke the news to them that they were back in America sitting across from parents. :)

I like that .. give them credit too !!!!! What's the deal with the pajamas though ?? LOL

bb5-0
02-27-2003, 08:51 AM
Never been to Vegas, never been to Cancun, never been to Mexico...(poor me!) but I'd love to meet you all there! So any place will do !
And what about meeting in Italy or Greece? Nice weather, nice food, great wine... I can give you a few tips :-)

Hibiscus09
02-27-2003, 09:10 AM
I'd say a Mediterrean cruise suits me just fine! Been there, done that. It was absolutely beautiful! My favorite places were Italy & Greece & I keep telling my husband I'm retiring in Italy. :)

Gator
02-27-2003, 09:41 AM
Yeah, answer that one Hib !!!!!

Gator

Originally posted by giantfan43
I like that .. give them credit too !!!!! What's the deal with the pajamas though ?? LOL

tracyb555
02-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Yikes! Guess this is what I have to look forward to. My DD is 13 going on 14, and I want to lock her up until she is 21!!!

As for the pajamas, not sure what type Hibiscus is talking about, but there is this big fad right now to wear flannel pajama pants as regular pants. DD has tried to sneak out of the house more than once to wear them to school.

Hibiscus09
02-27-2003, 10:54 AM
Tracy, it was t-shirts & flannel bottoms. :) I hope the guys didn't think I meant skimpy lingerie! LOL I figured at the point she is between high school & college, she has to figure life out eventually. Hopefully, every once in a while a responsible decision is made. I knew she was going to be living at college on her own soon -- luckily, she's still alive! :) She's even keeping her scholarship so far!

tracyb555
02-27-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Hibiscus09
Tracy, it was t-shirts & flannel bottoms. :) I hope the guys didn't think I meant skimpy lingerie! LOL I figured at the point she is between high school & college, she has to figure life out eventually. Hopefully, every once in a while a responsible decision is made. I knew she was going to be living at college on her own soon -- luckily, she's still alive! :) She's even keeping her scholarship so far!

That's what I figured (flannels).

In all seriousness (is that a word?), my DD is a pretty good kid, so I have a lot of trust in her to make good decisions. One of her girlfriends has a mom who is very controlling over ever single decision - my prediction is that this girl is going to rebel big time once she hits high school, or possibly sooner. I like to think we are giving DD just the right amount of controls, not too loose, not too strict. But I guess you never know until they are all grown up and responsible citizens!

Hibiscus09
02-27-2003, 11:09 AM
That's how I feel also. They have to learn to make good decisions. Britt has done pretty well -- a few slip ups but nothing horrible. She's been in less trouble than I was at that age -- LOL. I do think the overcontrolling business usually causes them to be out of control.

Belle
02-27-2003, 11:53 AM
LOL... I must be one of these controlling Mother's... but I have the opposite opinion to Tracey in feeling that there are some girls my daughter's age whose parent's allow them far too much leeway and possibly trust them too much. An example would be me having ChloŽ's MSN up right now and there are some 100 friends from school of her age added. They seem WAAAY too advanced for their age. They seem to be into "everything" and it is a worry. I would have to ask what controlling is really when I have heard so many times from her, "Such and such a bodies parent's allow them to do this and that."

In New Zealand the law works differently and it is similar in the UK also--that a child is a minor until 14 yo and they are supposed to be supervised. So the odd time she asks to go somewhere and I will ask whom she will be with and of course she has said we're going to the pools on our own or to the movies. Once they were talking about going to see a movie that had a PG rating.

How can you PG if your not there..but some of the parent's were just going to let their kid's go aloing alone. It is difficult to judge what is right and what is wrong half the time, but I would not ay she was mature enough to have a boyfriend, and she would and bleats about how other parent's let their daughter's do that. I think I am the big bad ogre... and NO OFFENSE meant earlier. Reading through my post I can see it could easily be interpreted as that, but I have a 13 yo that wants to act 18yo and seems to think I am a prude and I know I am doing the right thing here. :)

I realise that children have to learn to make decisions for themselves, but sometimes it isn't so much my kid's I dont trust but the kid's they are with and others they may interract with when I or another adult is not there. She's my only daughter and basically I feel as the eldest she has the responsibility of setting the standards I expect all of the kid's to follow. Having a son with a rare condition, I have to watch him like a hawk, so it seems unfair to not set the same rigid standards for all as what I set for him. I.e. I don't and will not let him walk home from school unless he get's into an accident. I don't allow him out to play out of our section unless there is another adult familiar with his condition. Basically I'll be like this when he is over 14 yo never mind under that age.. and so I have had to make sure that I don't allow preferential treatment by allowing ChloŽ to do this because she doesn't have CAH. It would seem very frustrating for Ashley to be restricted and not her...so I had to make some rules and apply them to all the kids. That way, I won't have anyone of them complaining about why the other get's a privelage etc. That's me.

Anyway, thought I'd explain my position on that one a little better...maybe typed too much but how else could I have explained why some parent's may be controlling... don't like that word. I don't know, maybe you are all the same as me and controlling means something else...just my 13 yo seems to think I am. :)

I replied because I did have ChloŽ tell me that one of her friends Mother's had commented that I was over protective some while ago... which could be a better phrase for controlling, but I have my reasons.

No one seems to have written a book about what is right or what is wrong really, so it leaves it open for parent's to do their best, and everyone's best is different. :)