PDA

View Full Version : How soon can you lift after minor surgery?

mainer001
02-24-2003, 06:22 AM
In early April I am having the plumbing disconnected to quarentee that my wife and I have no more children. The doctor says that I should not lift for at least 7 days after the surgery. There is no cutting involved with this procedure so I am hoping that I will be able to start light lifting after the seven days. Does anyone out there have experience with this situation and how soon were you back to lifting normally.

MagicMel
02-24-2003, 07:36 AM
Check out my training partner's thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69918

Good luck!

mainer001
02-24-2003, 07:44 AM
Thanks MagicMel.

Having it done on a Friday so hopefully in 10 days or so I can begin again. Will take it easy and see how it goes.

Belle
02-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Not much cutting but you could be bruised and sore. I'd say he recomends a week because of the soreness. A few men I know whom had had this op...that was their only complaint and you may like to let swelling and soreness settle down before getting in the gym. Everyone is different though really. I mean the men I know were not fit or active or lifting, so who knows, you may recover much more quickly and have a higher pain threshold because of weight lifting anyway?