PDA

View Full Version : Pwo Gatorade And Cardio Question

DREhova 87
01-06-2007, 10:33 PM
I am on a two week carb watch where I am going to keep track for 2 weeks how many carbs I am taking in before I start carb cycling. Most of my carbs will come from cream of rice, oats and potatoes....My question is if I do my cardio and workout at night (10pm) is it ok to have a Post Workout Shake and a Gatorade, after I do the cardio which is about an 1hr before I go to bed? Or should I skip it? Especially while carb cycling??? I wish I could do the cardio first thing in the morning...But with 2 kids getting them ready for school...its kind of difficult.

lionelxxl
01-06-2007, 10:49 PM
I am on a two week carb watch where I am going to keep track for 2 weeks how many carbs I am taking in before I start carb cycling. Most of my carbs will come from cream of rice, oats and potatoes....My question is if I do my cardio and workout at night (10pm) is it ok to have a Post Workout Shake and a Gatorade, after I do the cardio which is about an 1hr before I go to bed? Or should I skip it? Especially while carb cycling??? I wish I could do the cardio first thing in the morning...But with 2 kids getting them ready for school...its kind of difficult.

Cota, as long as you're taking in the right amount of carbs AFTER your workout/cardio session, you would be fine. Sensible amounts of carbs please, not something like 100g of carbs after a 30mins cardio only session or things like that.

If you're working out, do continue consuming your normal PWO shake. Nutrients in it would be taken up pretty well PWO, regardless of time.