PDA

View Full Version : Plateau Help!!!

rrr4r
01-05-2007, 08:26 AM
I am fairly new to bodybuilding. I have always been athletic, but during college I put on some weight. My overall goal is to decrease my BF %. I know I am between an endo and mesomorph because I put on both fat and muscle very easily. I started lifting seriously July of 2006, and did a twelve week program. My program consisted of four days of lifting, six days of cardio, and one day off. My diet was very clean consisting only of lean protein, whole carbs, and tons of vegetables. I was taking in about 2500-3000 calories a day. I supplemented with a multi-vitamin, Lipo-6, CLA, whey protein, NO-Xplode, and CellMass. I was thrilled with the results of this first program, the results follow:

Starting: Ending:
Weight- 255 lbs. 230 lbs.
BF- 28% 18%
LBM- 185 lbs 190 lbs

After this first program I took a week off and changed up my routine, it wasn’t much different from the first just different exercises. I worked out during October and most of November and saw NO change. I changed up a few things here and there in my routine, worked myself to the point of exhaustion, increased weight, lowered weight, increased reps, lowered reps, and nothing worked. During this month and a half nothing seemed to be able to break the plateau. I got frustrated, the holiday season started and I went back to my old ways of eating. Now in the beginning of 2007 I’m back up to my starting measures of last year. I have cleaned up my diet again, am hitting the gym hard, and have started back with my supplements. I am planning ahead (so I don’t get frustrated and quit) and need some advice about how to break the plateau I know I am going to hit in about three months. My goal is to be about 10-12% body fat in the next six months. My overall measures follow:

Age- 23
Height- 6’1”
Weight- 255 lbs
BF %- 28%
LBM- 185 lbs
Forearm- 14”
Bicep- 16.5”
Neck- 17.5”
Chest- 48”
Waist- 46”
Leg- 29”
Calves- 17”

Finnegan Bell
01-05-2007, 09:03 AM
are u still eating 2500-3000 calories? have u considered lowering it to 1800-2000, if u r worrying about ur metabolism becomes slow do a caloric zig-zagging,

also consider doing carbs cycling,it is very good for breaking plateaus..

rrr4r
01-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the advice. I didn't try cycling my calories but did try cycling the carbs. I'll try the calorie cycling, but am afraid 1800-2000 may be to low. My BMR is about 2400 calories a day and if you add they multiplier (with the amount of activity I do) its about 3800 calories a day. Is it okay to have a calories deficit that large. I'm a big guy and worry my body will go into starvation/fat storage mode.

dropoff
01-05-2007, 10:03 AM
im the same place 4r is , dropped my cal intake down to 2100 carbs. I dont want to go any lower because i dont want to lose muscle. But how does carb cycling work ?

rrr4r
01-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Go to the main page of BB.com and search Carb Cycling and read the article by Twin Peak. Has some good info.