PDA

View Full Version : How do I even up my left outer tricep?

The Mayor
02-22-2003, 06:57 PM
my inner triceps(under arm area) are the same size on my left and right arm. The outer area(teardrop shaped uuter portion) on the other hand my right is NOTICABLY larger that the left. Probably about 40% larger. What specific exercises can I perform to target the outer portion of the tricep?

Belle
02-23-2003, 03:29 AM
Tricep extensions with either a cable or a weight (plate)?

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Triceps/DBTriExt.html

I also do some on a cable pulley which seems to target the outside tricep area too. Can't really see any illustration that I can show you online but I stand in front of the pulley and grab a lever and pull down the cable, keeping my elbows to my sides I just pull the cable down as low as I can and then up again to horizontal postion and then back down--always keeping elbows near to sides and firm. Anyone know what they are called?

This one here may be good too:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Triceps/CBBentoverTriExt.html

back2it
02-23-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by The Mayor
my inner triceps(under arm area) are the same size on my left and right arm. The outer area(teardrop shaped uuter portion) on the other hand my right is NOTICABLY larger that the left. Probably about 40% larger. What specific exercises can I perform to target the outer portion of the tricep?
How long have you been training? Is the unbalanced developement a result of a single handed sport or job related ?

The Mayor
02-23-2003, 09:23 AM
been training 3 monthes..most likly job related so i try to be more left hand dominent at work

back2it
02-23-2003, 10:05 AM
Then workong with weights should do a lot to even it up . Barbell workouts stress the arms evenly and you can adjust the weight to one side by repositioning one arm . If you try to carry a bit more weight with the smaller arm it should stimulate more growth there . You could do some dumbell work to isolate that muscle just for the small arm if you want to see results quicker .