PDA

View Full Version : Thermogenic Fat Burners

MrEscobar
01-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Whats goin on people, im new here (obviously).

I got a question, ive been working out with a trainer 4 days a week, and workin out by myself for 2 days a week.

I've lost 55 LBS since september (351 to 296).

I was wondering if these Thermogenic Fat Burners are harmful in any way, and is it worth using it? and if so, which ones would you recommend?

Thank you.

40-Yard Dash_2
01-02-2007, 06:40 PM

I got a question, ive been working out with a trainer 4 days a week, and workin out by myself for 2 days a week.

I was wondering if these Thermogenic Fat Burners are harmful in any way, and is it worth using it? and if so, which ones would you recommend?

Thank you.

They are not dangerous unless you have pre-existing health condition(s). Scorch and AMP are good ones, and if you're looking for a non-stimulant due to any issues you may have, then Melting Point is a pretty darn good one too. Congrats on the weight you've already lost.

MrEscobar
01-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Thank you very, i appreciate your help, any other advice would be great.

EssentialRain
01-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Lipo 6 works very well. Helped me tone a bit last summer, I highly recommend it. Just cycle off of it after 3-4 weeks, or until you feel like your body isn't responding to the supplement.

MrEscobar
01-02-2007, 06:49 PM
So use it for a month, and stop taking it?

Im still intending on doing my 45 minutes- 60 minutes of cardio a day.

Does this sound stupid?

dan7681
01-02-2007, 06:54 PM

Thank you.

In genral no. Most of the long standing fat burners are safe as long as a.) you don't have prior health conditions and b.) You don't abuse/overuse them (just follow the directions). With everything there are some rare occasions that can occur and that is why it is highly suggested you consult with your doctor beforehand.

Fat Burner Recommendations:
Scorch
Tight
Red Acid
3 degree burn

Fat Burners: (non-stimulant)
Melting Point
Lean Xtreme
Blaze Extreme

MrEscobar
01-02-2007, 06:57 PM
In genral no. Most of the long standing fat burners are safe as long as a.) you don't have prior health conditions and b.) You don't abuse/overuse them (just follow the directions). With everything there are some rare occasions that can occur and that is why it is highly suggested you consult with your doctor beforehand.

Fat Burner Recommendations:
Scorch
Tight
Red Acid
3 degree burn

Fat Burners: (non-stimulant)
Melting Point
Lean Xtreme
Blaze Extreme

oh boy, whats the difference between the two categories

sorry im asking so many questions, i just dont want to take something that could possibly kill me lol (even though im healthy as a horse)

Flex500
01-02-2007, 07:03 PM
oh boy, whats the difference between the two categories

sorry im asking so many questions, i just dont want to take something that could possibly kill me lol (even though im healthy as a horse)
some people are really sensitive to stimulants (like me) and choose a fat burner with no stims. basically they just have compounds in them that help burn fat without the stims.

The stim fat burners obvioulsy have stims in them. This will give you extra energy and also help you burn more fat.

laz
01-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Stims give you that wired feeling.

MrEscobar
01-02-2007, 07:06 PM
so stay away from stims?

BiggJohn
01-02-2007, 07:07 PM

Thank you.

Congrats on your progress thus far. Thermogenics are safe if you follow the directions and cycle the product.

Here is a review of Syntrax Fyre from another fellow big man who had some great success.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=953358

MrEscobar
01-02-2007, 07:23 PM
very interesting
we'll see how this goes for me, i also do cardio, so i should be a lean mean machine lol

ERCVGII
01-03-2007, 01:51 AM
so stay away from stims?

try a sample pack...if ur shaky and can't fall asleep...then yes...stay away. :D

TinyMan
01-03-2007, 01:56 AM
so stay away from stims?

Some people do not react well to stimulants, or just prefer not to regularly use them (I fall into this catagory... I prefer non-stim supplements really). Far as I know, there is nothing 'inherently' wrong with stimulant fat-burners; a good portion of the popular fat burners do have stimulants in them.

If you know you are very sensitive to caffeine (get jittery, can't concentrate, etc), you may want to steer clear of stim'd burners. If you have no problems with it, then they are products to consider, IMO.

SI03 Board Rep
01-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Some people love the energy and feeling they get from stimulant fat burners and some don't. If you want to give stims a try get a sample of the Fyre and give it a shot. IF not I would suggest you try the Spyce. There are a few logs about it right now check them out and see what you think. Either way good luck and congrats on your weight loss so far.

bongd
01-03-2007, 08:23 AM
HmmÖ I donít always like playing the devilís advocate, but I think itís a very BOLD statement to just say ďyes, thermogenic fat burners are safe.Ē

While Iím not saying that theyíre dangerous, I think that you should definitely heed everyoneís warning and follow the labels. And of course use your best discretion.

As a bit of a larger person to begin with, I would wholeheartedly recommend that you seek medical advice from your physician. Itís excellent to see that youíve lost so much weight, but at the same time it is a little extreme. Do you know what your cholesterol/lipid profiles look like? Any heart or blood pressure problems in your family as far as you know?

If youíve already had a full physical and know where you stand, then by all means continue using fat burners, but do not let yourself go overboard. Youíll tax your CNS really quickly if you keep on popping stims, doing cardio and burning ****loads of fat too quickly. Just go at it with a moderate pace, occasionally abstaining from the fat burners for a few weeks and continuing again.

Iím sure that your personal trainer is doing a good job keeping you from overexerting yourself. But then again, sometimes I show up at the gym and someoneís doing HIIT cardio the entire time theyíre there (and it looks as if they did an hour of cardio before I got there). Not cool. Play it safe and lose fat at a healthy pace.

In my opinion:

diet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cardio

Flex500
01-03-2007, 08:50 AM
HmmÖ I donít always like playing the devilís advocate, but I think itís a very BOLD statement to just say ďyes, thermogenic fat burners are safe.Ē

While Iím not saying that theyíre dangerous, I think that you should definitely heed everyoneís warning and follow the labels. And of course use your best discretion.

As a bit of a larger person to begin with, I would wholeheartedly recommend that you seek medical advice from your physician. Itís excellent to see that youíve lost so much weight, but at the same time it is a little extreme. Do you know what your cholesterol/lipid profiles look like? Any heart or blood pressure problems in your family as far as you know?

If youíve already had a full physical and know where you stand, then by all means continue using fat burners, but do not let yourself go overboard. Youíll tax your CNS really quickly if you keep on popping stims, doing cardio and burning ****loads of fat too quickly. Just go at it with a moderate pace, occasionally abstaining from the fat burners for a few weeks and continuing again.

Iím sure that your personal trainer is doing a good job keeping you from overexerting yourself. But then again, sometimes I show up at the gym and someoneís doing HIIT cardio the entire time theyíre there (and it looks as if they did an hour of cardio before I got there). Not cool. Play it safe and lose fat at a healthy pace.

In my opinion:

very good advice. When cycling properly and following instructions fat burners with stimulants can be relatively safe.

BUT many people depend upon them tooooo much and abuse them. I can't tell how many people I have seen just downing redline or lipo-6. I am talking magadosing because they are super low carbing it.

That is NOT safe at all.

If you follow the instructions and cycle off here and there you should be fine though.

Mr. Shred
01-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Also consider what time of day you like to workout. Most "stim" fat burners contain caffein which may keep you up at night.

Consider your sensitivity to caffein. Personally, I can't take caffein after about 7pm or it keeps me up. But one of my workout buddies can take caffein without effecting his sleep at all.

SPACECLOWN
01-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Stimulants if you can handle them work well at supressing appetite. My biggest complaint with stimulant fat burners is the taxing they do on ones adrenals. We carry Shred-XS which IMO is a mild stimulant and contains ample adrenal support. You can request a free sample by sending your name and address to samples@millenniumsport.net. Obviously before supplementation nutrition and training are far more important.

bongd
01-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Nice, man.

Although people consider AMP to be pretty crazy, Iím not taking 3-4 pre workout and feeling jacked on crack. It definitely gives you an adrenaline kind of rush and some euphoria, but I just take 1 and it serves me well. I donít let my tolerance to caffeine get too out of hand to begin with. By the time Iím doing cardio Iíve got one hell of a good sweat going too. More isnít always better.

I really have no empathy for people who drown themselves in Lipo 6 and trip out as mentioned above, or come on here complaining that they cramped up in the gym when they megadosed Designer Supplements Melting Point and could move their muscles for an entire day. Way to respect the labels, guys!!Ö Does anyone have any regards for their health anymore? Donít let your greed blind you guys. Set realistic expectations for yourself or youíre going to run face first into a brick wall of disappointment and health complications.

I otherwise think that the stims that are out right now can be used with remarkable safety if theyíre used correctly. For the most part, just following the damn label will give you a barrier of safety. And if you have an ounce or two of brain matter in your dome, I trust that youíll probably have no problems at all. Itís far from rocket science.

MrEscobar
01-03-2007, 11:17 AM

In my opinion:

Thanks for the advice, well maybe i should explain myself a little more.

I am dieting (low sugar, low carb, no fried food diet).....most my meals consist of chicken/steak/turkey, salad, and maybe some rice.

I do cardio.....usually 45 minutes to an hour on a treadmill, high speed walking on a high incline (burn about 800 calories according to the treadmill).

I do weight training with my trainer, we do everything (on different days) obviously.

I have seen great results already, but want to take it to another level.

Thanks

CuttingEdgeLabs
01-03-2007, 11:39 AM
lots of ongoing logs on our ncinerate product. check them out for more info. here is a link to the product in the bb.com store:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cel/ncin.html