PDA

View Full Version : Protein intake through out the day.

bladehines
01-02-2007, 03:19 PM
I plan on taking in 200 grams of protein per day. I eat good, normally 4-6 oz of meat ( chicken, beef, pork ), 1 cup of vegtables normally a veg. mix ( brocolli, corn, green beans, etc...), 1 cup of cooked white rice, and 2 cups of fresh mixed fruit. I am going to be drinking a protein shake also. I used to mix up a big protein shake with 4 scoops of whey ( 20 grams each ), 1/3 cup of peanut butter, and with water to cut down on the total fat intake. I would drink this in 2 servings, once a couple hours after breakfast, and once 3 hours after lunch ( about 4 pm or so, roughly 2 hours before working out ) Total i would figure some where close to 110 grams. That is 55 grams or so per shake. Is that to much to drink at once? Is this the best way for me to get my protein intake? And what brands of Whey/ other proteins would you suggest? ( i used pro performance before, i know it sucks. )

At my job i don't do much but sit here, so i don't know what kind of effect that has on what i eat and drink. My metabolizism is very high too.

I am looking to gain muscle mass, but i am not getting over 160 pounds total, i am right at 140 now.

Thanks to all that post!

maxiderm
01-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Dymatize Elite whey... nothing beats the price and quality.

good luck with your goals :)

JackDano
01-02-2007, 03:56 PM
any whey protein by optium 100% its great theres one that has 24g of protein and one that has 55g of protein either will do. but take it at least 2-3 times depending on how extream your workout is.

deserusan
01-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Whey protein is not going to do much for you compared to superior protein powder sources like egg white powder, milk protein isolate etc. Personally, I've had the greatest success is using the following True Protein mix:

50% Milk Protein Isolate (80% casien, 20% whey)
50% Egg White Protien
Aminogen
BSL Chocolate

Whey protein itself is rather inferior for meal replacements when you take into account what else is available.

xenowang
01-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Hey Des, how's that mix taste with the egg white powder? I have a similar mix from TP, though it favors more MPI and instead of egg whites, there's whey isolate. Ok, so not very similar, heh. In any case, taste? Mine isn't bad, but could be better IMO (this is also including double flavoring).

deserusan
01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Hey Des, how's that mix taste with the egg white powder? I have a similar mix from TP, though it favors more MPI and instead of egg whites, there's whey isolate. Ok, so not very similar, heh. In any case, taste? Mine isn't bad, but could be better IMO (this is also including double flavoring).

I like it with BSL Chocolate and haven't tried anything else yet. Mixing it with a little milk really makes it taste amazing.

bladehines
01-03-2007, 06:15 AM
ok, so how fast does whey absorb into the system?

nc9892
01-03-2007, 07:21 AM
ok, so how fast does whey absorb into the system?

faster than any thing else; almost instantly.

Whey is really optimal for breakfast to get your metabolism going and post workout. Other than that you're better off with other sources.

Also you may want to consider getting more muscular than just 160.

bladehines
01-03-2007, 07:43 AM
well i plan on having 140-50 pounds of muscle at 5% body fat. so that will probably equal to more then 160 pounds right now, and then cut down to meet my BF%.

what should i do for protein then. i need to drink 2 shakes a day for my mid day stacks. Should i just mix different protein in the shake?

bladehines
01-03-2007, 08:46 AM
well after doing some looking. whey abosrbs into the system in around 30mins

i am looking for a whole day protein. i get alittle a breakfast around 30-50 at lunch, and 30-50 at dinner.

i need to fill the gaps in my day with this shake. i was thinking a mixed protein shake before lunch. Would somthing like ISS Pro M3 be something good, or somthing like Pro Performance TR protein?

That way i can get protein now, and later throughout the whole day, does this sound ok?

HouseOfAtlas
01-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Hey Ryan!

If I were you, I'd check out True Protein dot com and take a look at Team Skip's protein. It has Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, and Egg White protein. They all have pretty much equal amounts in them (34%/33%/33%).

Or, you can get Optimum Nutrition's Whey Protein and then get their 100% casein protein and just mix them 50/50.

At night, you could take 100% casein by itself, though. That is a perfect protein before bed.

zergling
01-03-2007, 02:34 PM
i am looking for a whole day protein. i get alittle a breakfast around 30-50 at lunch, and 30-50 at dinner.

i need to fill the gaps in my day with this shake.

Designer Supplements Sustain or Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide are my favorite "anytime" proteins when I don't feel like eating meat.