PDA

View Full Version : dextrose while cutting??

haunted_0
02-21-2003, 01:09 PM
I am about to start cutting in the next week and a half and i was wondering if i should use dextrose for post work out still even when cutting ??

Original Poster
02-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Yeah, it's fine. Just don't over do it IMO. 30-50 grams should be more than enough for most people. I recommend starting at 30g.

PEACE

Capricio
02-21-2003, 01:14 PM
yeps, 30 gr dextrose with 30 gr whey and if ur taking creatine also 5 gr. creatine.

WAdude
02-21-2003, 01:44 PM
How much is 30 grams of dextrose? I use a scoop (1/4 cup I think) in my post workout shake...is that more or less then 30? The same scoop of Optimum Whey is 22g protein.....

As you can tell, I am not sure how all of this works :)

haunted_0
02-21-2003, 01:53 PM
when you look the the back of the optimum tub ...look at the serving size ...it says one scoop ...right next to it ...it should say how many grams are in a scoop ...that should be able to give you an idea ..

you said there are 22 grams of protein in optimum but you have to remember thats not the whole scoop ..there is some filler

janderstein
02-21-2003, 01:55 PM
I would opt to cut out carbs in other areas, when they are less vital, i.e later meals, or it all depends on your training time. I think that post workout is the vost vital, especially if you want to recover and train again the next day

WAdude
02-21-2003, 02:11 PM
Haunted...The dextrose that I got came in a brown bag...no nutrition label, so I have NO idea how much = how many grams. It IS pure dextrose though, so there are no fillers...

What does everyone elses dextrose amout to?

janderstein
02-21-2003, 10:09 PM
The kind I buy which is from now foods, is right on gram for gram. i.e. 4 grams of dextrose = 4 grams carbohydrates

Timbo
02-21-2003, 10:31 PM
By weight, each 100g of dextrose provides 92g of carbohydrate. Measure out your serving size and weigh it. This is the best way to be accurate and to be sure of how much you're getting.

J-Dog, good call on the carbs. One should realize that you've got the entire day to burn calories/fat and establish a caloric deficit. The during and post-workout periods are not really an optimal time to skimp on nutrition. That said, depending on your total carb intake, you might opt to get your post-workout carbs in whole-food form, so that you can enjoy the little carbs that you do allow yourself.