PDA

View Full Version : Body hair

LateStart
02-21-2003, 10:15 AM
At 42, I've got a great head of hair BUT, I've got it on the chest and back too!

Do you other hairy guys have tips (short of a razor) for removing body hair? I'm not going into competition, I just don't want to look like a caveman at the beach this year!!

moccacina
02-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Best thing is just clippers that can cut the hair as close to the skin as possible. Waxing is good but you have to wait for the hair to grow back about 1/4" before you can wax again, not to mention it gets expensive to do the whole upper body.

Minotaur
02-21-2003, 12:15 PM
I've tried a variety of methods to 'defoliate'. We shave my back, shoulders and upper arms regularly using a stylist's T outliner. I shave my front using a barber's clipper on the lowest setting.

I've had my back waxed and prefer it. It's just that it's hard to find a good waxer in my area. I've also use Neet and Nair. They work fairly well, but are messy. Next I want to try Epilstop.

Eye2_Man
02-21-2003, 12:19 PM
WTF? *jk*

The cave man look is cool. Really. Be proud that you can't use any topical ointments or sprays.

Belle
02-21-2003, 01:56 PM
Will unfortunately make that much worse.

When I was 16 yrs old I used to have a thing for men with hairy chests and legs...now I'm changing my mind. LOL! I think it is really something that comes and goes as a fad to be honest. Next year your rug may be totally in fashion... but for now baby oil is so it's tough for you. Be a big boy and get it waxed off if it bother's you...it really isn't painful at all. ;)

Clipper's ...YUK! It would be like sleeping with a hedgehog!!! Or maybe that isn't a problem? LOL!!!!!

Hibiscus09
02-21-2003, 03:01 PM
I think there is nothing sexier than a hairy chest on a man. If your back has some hair on it, get it waxed if it bothers you -- that will last the longest. :) I mean just look -- what could possibly be WRONG with this picture? I'd be mad if he shaved or waxed that off!

little lats
02-21-2003, 03:14 PM
Is he still alive?? lol!

Hibiscus09
02-21-2003, 03:19 PM
Well, he sure had lots of energy last night!

MiloMan
02-21-2003, 03:52 PM
I do the cave man thing myself, though I did used to shave my legs up to about mid-thigh during bike season (I got a lot of teeny leg wounds in bike wipeouts and the bandaids, gauze, and tape didn't stick to my normally hairy legs worth a damn).

Belle
02-21-2003, 04:25 PM
cos your rug is getting grey..slap on the grecian 2000...I'm certain it works on rug as well as sideburns...hehe

Charger
02-22-2003, 07:13 AM
My lady does it for me, I tried this and even though it's a pain I feel so much cleaner. I can't go to the extreme of waxing or shaving, I don't mind hair, arms, legs, but my upper body I like to keep mowed.

Big Lion
02-22-2003, 08:03 AM
how do u guys manage to shave your back .........i find it difficult to reach the whole back

LateStart
02-22-2003, 01:35 PM
Hibiscus09, I just assumed women didn't like a hairy chest - maybe I'll keep it - LOL

Think I'll try just 'selective trimming'. It's thicker in some spots than others. I actually took it down once all over with electric clippers (with my wife doing the back) and Belle is right - I sort of felt like a hedgehog!!

MiloMan
02-22-2003, 01:42 PM
A friend of mine shaved his body for a BB comp. His girlfriend was enraged, and said something to the effect of "If I wanted to sleep with a muscular hairless boy, instead of a muscular man, I'd just cruise the high school weight rooms."

(Apparently they each had a different, and in her case mistaken, idea of what bodybuilding entailed.)

Belle
02-22-2003, 03:39 PM
So did she call you Sonic (the hedgehog) for a while? LOL!!!!

LateStart
02-23-2003, 04:21 PM
Not Sonic.....Stubbles - that hurt!

Brother Phil
02-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Welcome to the hairy men's club. My workout partner, who is black, sometimes calls me Vanilla Gorilla! I use the barbers clippers, because they have attachments that can set the clippers to a specific length, if you want to leave some hair, but show off the cuts. I've tried Nair before, but I got a rash from it. Epil-stop is a rip off. It may work on peach fuzz, but it won't remove hair like they show on the commercial.

Charger
02-23-2003, 07:54 PM
Are you saying you could get a job as a leg wax demonstrator:D

Belle
02-23-2003, 11:54 PM
I cannot use the wax because the hair is so fine that it breaks before it get's ripped from the follicle root. I was under the impression that thicker coarser hair is stronger and therefore can be pulled from the root more successfully. Maybe you should try different types because some have a higher tack than other's and are not able to be pulled off without ripping hair out. other's are quite tame and don't adhere as well to the hair.

Brother Phil
02-24-2003, 06:26 PM
Actually, Charger, my legs aren't that hairy. My jeans wear the hair off, so it's kinda patchy. But chest and back are gorillian! One time, years ago, I had a girlfriend use duct tape to rip the back hair off. This is another technique I would not recommend.

Big Lion
02-26-2003, 05:04 AM
how do u guys shave your backkkk

Minotaur
02-26-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Big Lion
how do u guys shave your backkkk

You have to have someone else do it.