PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition Strategy - Opinions?

Eye2_Man
02-21-2003, 09:26 AM
Last post was deleted because it soon became apparent that the plan was indeed foolish.

Just worked up this what do you think?

Two 26 week periods per year. 40/40/20 intake partition

Week
1. +250 cals
2. +500
3. +750
4. +1000
5. +1000 plus Mag-10
6. +1000 plus Mag-10
7. +1000 plus Tribex
8. +1000 plus Tribex
9. +750
10. +500
11. +250
12. Maint.
13. Maint.
14. Maint.
15. Maint.
16. -250
17. -250 plus E/C/A
18. -500
19. -500 plus E/C/A
20. -500
21. -250 plus E/C/A
22. -250
23. Maint.
24. Maint.
25. Maint.
26. Maint.

Fortuneatley, the plus 1000 cal. period breaks out nicely for exactly 2x body weight in protein intake.

The nutrition aspect is actually getting fun. It's enjoyable laying out all the figures and planning each week or two in advance.

BF% calculated each week to adjust maint. levels accordingly.

MagicMel
02-21-2003, 10:03 AM
I was wondering what happened to that thread.

I had this whole 2 page reply typed up, then I hit submit and got a message about the link being gone. :) So I hit back, and just copied the text. Thinking I was going to find that thread again in order to just paste it back. Well, since then I have copied and pasted something else, so I have lost the text. Oh, well. I'm just going to outline my points.

1) Set a final goal and an end date.
2) Divide that time period into smaller goals with dates.
3) Establish a game plan to meet each of those smaller goals.

Your initial thread was almost an exact copy of my game plan broken down by month.
My end date is June 8th, and everything so far has been true to the game plan.

Your current thread breaks it down, nutritionally, even further.
It looks good and also gives you room to tweek the diet, too.

You should also have a training plan that coincides with your nutritional plan. Such as, heavy weight, low reps, no cardio while bulking. Moderate weights and reps with cardio while cutting.
Then further break that down to which exercises, and what days you plan on doing them.

I believe your deleted thread said that cutting will start in March?
Will we see a "Challenge II - Eye2_man" then?
I start cutting on March 2. That will be my Challenge II and hopefully we'll both have some "before" pics posted.

Good luck with you game plans!

MagicMel
02-21-2003, 10:10 AM
In reading your thread again, I just notice 40/40/20.

While cutting, you might want to consider 30/40/30 C/P/F.
Just add Flax Oil to increase the fat, and drop some carbs at the same time. I'm currently on 40/30/30 and will switch to 30/40/30 while maintaining 1.5g protein per LBM. I'll make adjustments if needed every couple of weeks.

Eye2_Man
02-21-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the input MagicMel. Sorry about deleting the initial post. But when considering an age of 41, that year long "cycle" wasn't going to provide a lot of time to build muscle mass. Compression might be the key. But 17 weeks was too short.

March 2nd cutting? That'll work to be lookin' good for the summer. Probably too hot to eat a lot in the Spring and Summer too. June 8th is your year long end? Or cutting phase end?

I've been "cutting" since Jan. 9th and believe it will take until July to reduce enough. I'd like to get to about 180. That's like 33 pounds away. But it'd sure be nice to start building instead of losing. But that might be a recipe for disaster. Maybe in Sept. week 1 of the above plan will go into effect.

MagicMel
02-21-2003, 11:53 AM
June 8th is the 1 year anniversary of my decision to get healthy and lose weight. It was also the date of my first return to the gym for the start of a weightloss program. I was 170lbs and wanted to drop to 135 by the end of September. I made it to 142 by the beginning of September and reevaluated my status. I felt that going under 140 was not going to be healthy for a 47 y/o. I was feeling great and the jelly belly was just about gone.

That is when I found bb.com.

After a lot of research I knew that a lot of the weight I had lost was muscle. I was training, but I was also on that SlimFast crap. High carb (sugar), low protein. It was obvious, at that point where are lot of the weight loss came from.

So in September I decided to go the body building way of doing things. I used that month to go into a condition phase with a mixture of machines and free weights, and dropped cardio to 2 days week instead of 5. October I went into a heavier conditioning routine with strictly free weights. Then November to now I've been bulking with absolutely no cardio except for the 10 minute warm-up. March to June will be my cutting phase. And then maintenance thru summer till September or October when bulking will begin again.

If you follow the monthly progress here, you will find that it very closely mimicked your initially deleted thread. Just replace last summer's weightloss, with next summer's maintenance.

So, yes, June 8th is my year long end, as well as my cutting phase end.

little lats
02-21-2003, 12:02 PM
Only thing I would say is you can find a better product than Mag-10. I would do some more research on the sups page... I don't know what you would gain on 2 weeks alone. I really enjoyed my 4 week cycle. At the two week point of ONE, I didn't notice enough to be happy with the cycle. Just some suggestions.

Chi spends more time on the sups page now than I do so, he can give you some more ideas.

TwoWalks
02-21-2003, 12:08 PM
That plan would never work for me, way too long and I change things way too often. It is a great looking plan and if you can stick too it for that long of a period, awsome.

I like short plans because it allows me to make changes as needed without feeling like every thing was for nothing if I find my body goes one direction and my plan went the other. In reality though I do have a yearly nutrition plan. When I get to 9 - 10% body fat, I will change my diet for bulking until I get to 15% body fat and then cut until back to 9 - 10%. This will not lock me into dates or unknowns such as how fast will mass increase, how much fat will I put on per # of lean mass and how fast will I lose body fat and retaining how much mass. So many questions - so few answers - but thankfully sooooo much time. :)

Original Poster
02-21-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by little lats
Chi spends more time on the sups page now than I do so, he can give you some more ideas.

LOL - I actually spend less and less time there as our supps section has fallen on hard times and has been taken over by the kids. But occasionally the vets and guru's show up for a good thread or two. ;)

I'm actually spending more time in the nutrition and losing fat sections and helping people by answering the tons of PM's I get asking for advice. :D

Eye2_man,

I'm not a fan of oral 1-test products for a number of reasons. Bottom line is a quality transdermal beats them hands down IMO.
I'd recommend.....ONE, ONE+ (if you can still get them), trenabol-x (sold here at bb.com), or T-1 Pro (BDC nutrition)

As far as an oral 12-test product, Mag10 works, but there are better choices (trandermals IMHO) for the money.

PEACE

CROWLER
02-22-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by TwoWalks
That plan would never work for me, way too long and I change things way too often. It is a great looking plan and if you can stick too it for that long of a period, awsome.

I like short plans because it allows me to make changes as needed without feeling like every thing was for nothing if I find my body goes one direction and my plan went the other. In reality though I do have a yearly nutrition plan. When I get to 9 - 10% body fat, I will change my diet for bulking until I get to 15% body fat and then cut until back to 9 - 10%. This will not lock me into dates or unknowns such as how fast will mass increase, how much fat will I put on per # of lean mass and how fast will I lose body fat and retaining how much mass. So many questions - so few answers - but thankfully sooooo much time. :)

IMO this bro knows his CHIT. Infact I almost use the exact same BF%s to determine buling or cuttin, so of course I agree. :)

To me is better to keep an eye on body fat level than set up a certain number of calories. We don't know what our bodies are going to do. You may find 1000 cals increase is not enough or is WAY too much.

Mag-10 I would not use, instead transdermal 4AD and 1 Test.