PDA

View Full Version : Walking back to happiness

bb5-0
02-19-2003, 11:46 PM
It's been 5 weeks since my double surgery (left ankle/right elbow) and I've been out of my cast for 2 weeks now. And I've started walking again (at least I'm learning too!, even if I can only race with snails now :-). Yesterday I saw my doctor who told me everything was OK and was surprised to see I had recovered so fast (for which I thank my good physical condition and my healthy diet). Today I'm starting to work with my kinesiologist (In a way I'm doing my firstwork out :-) and I've got the green light to start driving again (my car isn't automatic, so I need both feet and the right arm!). At least, I see the end of the tunnel. After 5 weeks in isolation, I can start living normally again! The hardest part wasn't the surgery or the pain, but being stuck to a wheelchair and not being able to do any exercise! (Yes, Kendo, I know! I did try to practise the one arm one foot push up, but they had to call a crane for putting me in my wheelchair again :-).

I hope I'll be able to go back to the gym in one or two weeks and anyway I've already started dieting seriously to eliminate the little fat I gained during my forced reps . So beware...I'm coming back!

I also wanted to use this opportunity to attract your attention on how lucky we are to be able to use our arms and legs. Depending on others for the little things we do everyday without even thinking of it (like cutting your meat) is really terrible . Health is really the greatest of wealth! So let's keep on working out and dieting hard to preserve it! And pass on the message to as many people we can !

Macattack
02-19-2003, 11:58 PM
Good news bb5 right on, yeah when your healthy you heal quickly right on man glad your back, now take it slow and ease your way forward to new highs:)

Phatman1179
02-20-2003, 06:21 AM
Great News! I expect to hear some PR's with time and distance walked.

Hibiscus09
02-20-2003, 06:34 AM
Great! Glad to know you're on the road to recovery -- :).

iluvlifting2001
02-20-2003, 07:42 AM
Glad to hear you are getting better! I know you are ready to get back in the gym.

John H.
02-20-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by bb5-0
It's been 5 weeks since my double surgery (left ankle/right elbow) and I've been out of my cast for 2 weeks now. And I've started walking again (at least I'm learning too!, even if I can only race with snails now :-). Yesterday I saw my doctor who told me everything was OK and was surprised to see I had recovered so fast (for which I thank my good physical condition and my healthy diet). Today I'm starting to work with my kinesiologist (In a way I'm doing my firstwork out :-) and I've got the green light to start driving again (my car isn't automatic, so I need both feet and the right arm!). At least, I see the end of the tunnel. After 5 weeks in isolation, I can start living normally again! The hardest part wasn't the surgery or the pain, but being stuck to a wheelchair and not being able to do any exercise! (Yes, Kendo, I know! I did try to practise the one arm one foot push up, but they had to call a crane for putting me in my wheelchair again :-).

I hope I'll be able to go back to the gym in one or two weeks and anyway I've already started dieting seriously to eliminate the little fat I gained during my forced reps . So beware...I'm coming back!

I also wanted to use this opportunity to attract your attention on how lucky we are to be able to use our arms and legs. Depending on others for the little things we do everyday without even thinking of it (like cutting your meat) is really terrible . Health is really the greatest of wealth! So let's keep on working out and dieting hard to preserve it! And pass on the message to as many people we can ! Hi bb5-0! I couldn't AGREE with you MORE!!!!!! Take GOOD care, and KEEP GOING!!!!!! John H.

TwoWalks
02-20-2003, 08:37 AM
BB5: great to hear your recovery is going well and you will soon be back.

I have been there, sitting in a chair with wheels, some one else having to roll me around. Sitting up to a food tray and some one having to cut the food and put it into my mouth for me. I swore that would never be the ending to my journey. You are so right, we are fortunate, we made the decision to be healthy and fit and we work toward it every day.

John H.
02-20-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by TwoWalks
BB5: great to hear your recovery is going well and you will soon be back.

I have been there, sitting in a chair with wheels, some one else having to roll me around. Sitting up to a food tray and some one having to cut the food and put it into my mouth for me. I swore that would never be the ending to my journey. You are so right, we are fortunate, we made the decision to be healthy and fit and we work toward it every day. Hi TwoWalks. This is why I say PURE MUSCLE is VERY IMPORTANT!!! It IS!!!!!! And when you get it - whatever is within your power to do - you KNOW what I am talking about... Take GOOD care, John H.

MagicMel
02-20-2003, 08:39 AM
It ALWAYS seems that the healthier a person is, both physically and mentally, the quicker they are to heal.
The mental resolve of a dedicated bb'r such as your self, will make for an expedious recovery.
Glad to have you back!

John H.
02-20-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by John H.
Hi TwoWalks. This is why I say PURE MUSCLE is VERY IMPORTANT!!! It IS!!!!!! And when you get it - whatever is within your power to do - you KNOW what I am talking about... Take GOOD care, John H. When I say when "you" get it I mean "you" as in ANYONE - when ANYONE GETS it - PURE MUSCLE - they KNOW what I am talking about - WITHOUT QUESTION!!!!! Take GOOD care, John H.

John H.
02-20-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by MagicMel
It ALWAYS seems that the healthier a person is, both physically and mentally, the quicker they are to heal.
The mental resolve of a dedicated bb'r such as your self, will make for an expedious recovery.
Glad to have you back! Hi MagicMel! YEP - I couldn't have said it better.... Take GOOD care, John H.

tracyb555
02-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Sounds like your surgery has given you a new perspective/appreciation for working out. Just ease back into it gradually in order to stay safe while recovering. Take care!