PDA

View Full Version : Hard time staying awake.

xamadeix
12-26-2006, 03:39 AM
For some reason I find myself in bed by 7:00pm.. I just get all of a sudden dead tired.. I'm awake at 4:00am..It's like I wanna keep myself up later than going to bed at 7:00pm..but I just cant..and throughout the day I find myself in a state of like paralysis.. I'm just unable to concentrate or anything.. and I'm not starving myself. I dont know if its just the winter or depression.. Could it be maybe I'm not getting enough iron? or fats? .. I was diagnosed with Anemia/Anorexia..but the doctors said my vitals were getting better. (white blood count, red blood count) she said my thyriod was fine.. i'm curious about my testosterone.

boyscouT
12-26-2006, 07:42 AM
Have you spoken to your doctor about your sleep problems?

xec
12-26-2006, 07:46 AM
Alot of people have a late afternoon 'crash'...try doing some light cardio to get you up and running!

healthdivs
12-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Are you overtraining or stressed out from anything? Are you sure you're eating enough?

Tell us your workout and diet regimen in detail.

cubscout
12-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Have you spoken to your doctor about your sleep problems?

gonna have to go with what a fellow scout suggested. It sounds like you have a sleeping disorder or problem .

xamadeix
12-26-2006, 08:14 AM
I'm actully not doing any lifting right now! So I can't be overtraining.. I'm just trying to eat a healthy, clean diet..Maintaining my weight of 135lbs (I'm 5'6-5'7). I'm eating roughly 1600-1800 calories a day.

My diet consists of....

Oats (no cereal ever)
Natty Pb
Ezekiel Breads/Sprouted Breads
Tuna
Lean Meats
Fat Free Milk (Lactaid.. I found out my lactose intolerent)
Cottage Cheese ^^
Veggies
Coffee - 3-4 cups
Diet Soda - diet rite diet cola only (no sodium, caffeine)
Water - 3.78L

also taking GNC Solotron Multivitamin (No Iron)

xamadeix
12-26-2006, 09:35 AM
bumpity?

pmtaf
12-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Looks like you got alot of slow burning carbs, which is good. I also find myself getting tired early sometimes. But I have linked it to days I have absolutly no sugar or 'fast carbs'. Also, cut the diet cola. It has Aspartame in it----very very bad. I get the cups of powder to make sugar-free kool-aid. (only brand that doesn't contain Aspartame is "4C") It's good though. Also how much water are you drinking per day? I was told to drink like 2.5 liters per day.

Get some carbs into you...you may even be a tad bit on the hypoglycemic side. (Its what the doc told me about my daughter)

xamadeix
12-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Looks like you got alot of slow burning carbs, which is good. I also find myself getting tired early sometimes. But I have linked it to days I have absolutly no sugar or 'fast carbs'. Also, cut the diet cola. It has Aspartame in it----very very bad. I get the cups of powder to make sugar-free kool-aid. (only brand that doesn't contain Aspartame is "4C") It's good though. Also how much water are you drinking per day? I was told to drink like 2.5 liters per day.

Get some carbs into you...you may even be a tad bit on the hypoglycemic side. (Its what the doc told me about my daughter)

diet rite diet cola is actully sweetened with splenda :) but thank you sir for your input i appreciate it (and the rest of you)

in10city
12-26-2006, 02:18 PM
When you have your moments of disassociation, what did you eat in the hour or two prior? What are you doing when this happens?

xamadeix
12-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Well this morning (4:30am) I had..

1 Serving of Oats with Splenda and Cinnamon (150 cals)
1 Slice of Ezekiel Bread (80 cals)
1 Cup of Cottage cheese (160 cals)
1 Cup of java with fat free milk (lactaid)

Most of the time I eat, talk with my dad before hes off to work, then I am either working out or on the computer.. or at work.

Edit: Not to mention.. I really have no sex drive either.. I just kinda feel like stressed all day long.

TriStateTough
12-26-2006, 02:44 PM
100% of the time fatigue is caused by arsenic and sodium found in water - make sure there are neither in yours. Also, perhaps you should try cutting out the Splenda. I have heard from Dr. Mercola that Splenda is bad for you.

in10city
12-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Well this morning (4:30am) I had..

1 Serving of Oats with Splenda and Cinnamon (150 cals)
1 Slice of Ezekiel Bread (80 cals)
1 Cup of Cottage cheese (160 cals)
1 Cup of java with fat free milk (lactaid)

Most of the time I eat, talk with my dad before hes off to work, then I am either working out or on the computer.. or at work.

Edit: Not to mention.. I really have no sex drive either.. I just kinda feel like stressed all day long.
Is this a prototypical meal - 60% or so of carbs and 30% or so of protein?

How much fat is in your diet?

TriStateTough
12-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Also, do you wear glasses? I know that I sometimes feel "fatigued" whenever I don't wear mine.

xamadeix
12-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Well.. most of my fats come natural peanut butter and meats.. thats about it. I dont get much fat from dairy because I am lactose intolerant.. Could this be my overall problem?

xamadeix
12-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Also, do you wear glasses? I know that I sometimes feel "fatigued" whenever I don't wear mine.

I do indeed!.. but I dont wear them often they are for when i am driving in the car.

aspengc8
12-26-2006, 02:50 PM
The problem is your lack of healthy fats in your diet. They call them essential fatty acids for a reason.

Also, don't believe the aspartame hype. A few diet cola's a day wont hurt.

xamadeix
12-26-2006, 02:52 PM
there is indeed alot of fat in peanut butter though :/

TriStateTough
12-26-2006, 02:52 PM
1. You could have mono or something like that
2. You could have screwed up your sleeping patterns
3. You could be consuming something that is toxic (check for arsenic, mercury, lead poisoning)
4. You could not be eating enough
5. You could have a vitamin B12 or iron deficiency or vitamin D defiency

That's all I can think of.

TriStateTough
12-26-2006, 02:54 PM

Maybe you are allergic to peanut butter...?? I know somebody who can die from peanut butter supposedly.

BTW I used to have a problem like this but it turned out I was drinking ARSENIC contaminated water. Check to see if you are... Also check to see if you're monitor brightness is straightened out. I have mine 46 CONTRAST - 87 BRIGHTNESS on a 6500k Color. It may sound odd that I say this but excessive brightness can probably hurt your eyes, causing you to lose concentration. Sounds like you're on the computer a lot too.

xamadeix
12-26-2006, 02:56 PM
1. You could have mono or something like that
2. You could have screwed up your sleeping patterns
3. You could be consuming something that is toxic (check for arsenic, mercury, lead poisoning)
4. You could not be eating enough
5. You could have a vitamin B12 or iron deficiency or vitamin D defiency

That's all I can think of.

These are all possibilities.. but I think the best would be to just get a check up and some bloodwork done..my doctor wants to see me for a follow up.. she wants to monitor my bodyweight and red blood count/white blood count.. I was anemic and she said my levels were getting better.

aspengc8
12-26-2006, 02:59 PM

There is alot of fat in peanut butter. The ratio of EFA's is low, however. Start supplementing with fish/flax oil and you will feel much better.

xamadeix
12-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Maybe you are allergic to peanut butter...?? I know somebody who can die from peanut butter supposedly.

BTW I used to have a problem like this but it turned out I was drinking ARSENIC contaminated water. Check to see if you are... Also check to see if you're monitor brightness is straightened out. I have mine 46 CONTRAST - 87 BRIGHTNESS on a 6500k Color. It may sound odd that I say this but excessive brightness can probably hurt your eyes, causing you to lose concentration. Sounds like you're on the computer a lot too.

Well when I'm not working out, or working.. I am indeed on the compy :). I use to jog alot and stuff but it's too cold out so i just lift weights in my bed room and do the computer thing.

in10city
12-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Depends on how much is used.

xamadeix
12-26-2006, 03:08 PM
I will try to get my hands on some Fish Oil's. Are they expensive? and how much Fat should I eat? I'm 5'6ish almost 7.. 135lbs. 21 years old.

in10city
12-26-2006, 03:10 PM
These are all possibilities.. but I think the best would be to just get a check up and some bloodwork done..my doctor wants to see me for a follow up.. she wants to monitor my bodyweight and red blood count/white blood count.. I was anemic and she said my levels were getting better.
That's probably the thing to do due to the severity of your numerous issues.

A pixeloscopy is just going to result in a pummeling of nonsense.

in10city
12-26-2006, 03:13 PM
I will try to get my hands on some Fish Oil's. Are they expensive? and how much Fat should I eat? I'm 5'6ish almost 7.. 135lbs. 21 years old.
Talk personally with a qualified professional.

xamadeix
12-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Talk personally with a qualified professional.

I will thanks for your input sir.

TriStateTough
12-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Fish oils can cost anywhere from 5 to 21 dollars, maybe more. The Pharmaceutical Grade ones are especially expensive.