Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by newbatman View Post
    In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. John 1:1
    You realize that John ripped this off from the Egyptian Osiris-Horace cults that preceded him by 500+ years, right?

Just thought I would toss you that little bomb.

You also realize that Jesus was more than likely NOT a Jew but an Egyptian trained in the "art and science" of the Egyptian priests of the Osiris-Horace cults of the day. Witness his little spat with Simon Magus.

It's also very likely that Jesus had John the Baptist "offed" as he was viewed by contemporaries in the day as a "viable competitor" to Jesus.

There is also a lot of evidence that the crucifixion was an elaborate plan and act staged and paid for by the Bethany family.

Just remember, history is usually written by the winners of wars. This does not make it true. While the actual acts or events may not change, over time, their interpretations and meanings surely can (and do).

Events and ideas I thought were absolutes when I was 18 or 20 years old have not changed but they no longer seem as absolute as I approach 40 years.

Keep an open mind. A closed mind is an end to learning. And no matter whom you are you can always learn something from anyone.

BK

Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't judge I only repeat what the Father tells me to say
    Why doesn't the Father speak to me like he does you? Is it an unlisted telephone number thing again?

Absolute belief in a book that is absolutely not verifiable is absolutely the sign of a narrow and closed mind.

BK

Jesus says, "the only way to the Father is through me."
    Did he tell you this? Was it during an AIM session or by telephone chat? If I write a book in Old English and claim that the only way to God is through me does that make it true? What if I do not write the book but people who never heard me write the book 300 years after I die based on what they think I might have said or what sounds politically expedient at the time? Does that also make it "true?"

BK

maybe we could translate these verses for them:

10And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people.

11And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the LORD.

12And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

13And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.

Strange how the Lord says in this story that he is valued at 30 pieces of silver in this translation. And how when Judas threw the thirty pieces of silver back and by law it goes to the potter's field for foreigners to be buried in it.

Wonder what it means?
    You and your equation make no sense.

You sound like one of those conspiracy nuts. I think I saw you on an episode of South Park. Did you go dookey in the urinal?

BK

UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) UHCougar05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kohen_Gadol View Post
    Did he tell you this? Was it during an AIM session or by telephone chat? If I write a book in Old English and claim that the only way to God is through me does that make it true? What if I do not write the book but people who never heard me write the book 300 years after I die based on what they think I might have said or what sounds politically expedient at the time? Does that also make it "true?"

BK
    I feel like I'm back in Poli Sci reading Thucydides. "I made them say what it is I think they ought to have said."

Nothing is absolute. I think it was a collect call BK.

just learn this handy math equation instead:

If Reality (R) = (Who's Birth Designates the Before and "END TIMES")(buzz word from Torah) / (B.C. and A.D.) + I Am Surrounded By Idiots Cubed
    I reject your reality and substitute my own, besides, I suck at math.
    Last edited by UHCougar05; 12-30-2006 at 10:53 PM.
    http://www.thewarehousegym.net/ - PL/SM gym on the South Side of Houston owned by Dr. Zach McVey

zer06ame has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zer06ame has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zer06ame has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zer06ame has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zer06ame has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zer06ame has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zer06ame has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zer06ame has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zer06ame has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zer06ame has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zer06ame has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You realize that John ripped this off from the Egyptian Osiris-Horace cults that preceded him by 500+ years, right?

You also realize that Jesus was more than likely NOT a Jew but an Egyptian trained in the "art and science" of the Egyptian priests of the Osiris-Horace cults of the day. Witness his little spat with Simon Magus.

It's also very likely that Jesus had John the Baptist "offed" as he was viewed by contemporaries in the day as a "viable competitor" to Jesus.

There is also a lot of evidence that the crucifixion was an elaborate plan and act staged and paid for by the Bethany family.

Just remember, history is usually written by the winners of wars. This does not make it true. While the actual acts or events may not change, over time, their interpretations and meanings surely can (and do).

Events and ideas I thought were absolutes when I was 18 or 20 years old have not changed but they no longer seem as absolute as I approach 40 years.

Keep an open mind. A closed mind is an end to learning. And no matter whom you are you can always learn something from anyone.

BK
    Wow, you just schooled him. I'm only 18 but I was raised Catholic and after learning about other religions, I found myself realizing the church is just a way to gain power/keep power. This guy reminds me of a substitute teacher I had in my religion class, who was like, "Is it okay to be a religion other than Catholic?" and I was like "Yeah why not?" and she was like "NO IT'S NOT YOU'RE GOING TO HELL IF YOU'RE NOT CATHOLIC!" 95% of the people who are obsessed with religion are nuts anyway. I've committed just about every crime, broke most of the 10 commandments, denounced the 'Holy Spirit' and guess what? I don't care. I might go to hell or I might just lie in the ground after I die. Most likely the second one.

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Absolute belief in a book that is absolutely not verifiable is absolutely the sign of a narrow and closed mind.

BK

Well, that's the nature of belief: it is either absolute or it's not a belief.
    The second nature of belief is that it does not need verification. If it would need verification it wouldn't be belief anymore.

To call someone who has a belief a "narrow and closed mind" is an affront to all religious people who actually believe.

every discussion to prove or disprove the reality and nature of God, the trinity, the creation, Jesus, crucification, the Holy Spirit and whatever else, is useless and a waste of time. That are things one believes or does not believe. period. This is the same as if a physicist would argue with an artist about the value of an artwork: the former will tell something about photons, light-frequency, atoms and molecules in the painting colour in order to explain the artwork while the artist will say: don't you see how beautiful it is?

I also think that this discussion should end here.
    Last edited by Dr.P; 12-31-2006 at 01:24 AM.

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think I saw you on an episode of South Park. Did you go dookey in the urinal?

BK

do we really need to insult each other?

Even if nothing else, the benefit of christian religion / morality is to love not only God but other people as well. If people who claim to be religious would act according to this most important christian rule or "philosophy of life", the crime rates, murder, robbery, and even wars would significantly be reduced and life on earth would be much more peaceful and fun.
    Last edited by Dr.P; 12-31-2006 at 01:26 AM.

Originally Posted by Dr.P View Post
    do we really need to insult each other?

Even if nothing else, the benefit of christian religion / morality is to love not only God but other people as well. If people who claim to be religious would act according to this most important christian rule or "philosophy of life", the crime rates, murder, robbery, and even wars would significantly be reduced and life on earth would be much more peaceful and fun.
    You should also do a little research into Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Buddhism, Taoism and even some of the African religions before you claim the "benefit" of Christian religions/morality is not to love only God but other people as well.

Zoroastrianism may predate Christianity by more than 5,000 years and this was/is a fundemental tenet of the religion. Confucius said the "Golden Rule" hundreds of years before Jesus was born.

Christianity does not have a moral exclusive on "ethical behavior" although the teachings is espouses are surely good, fair and righteous WRT how to treat other people.

The problem with it (and every other religion) is the absolutists who, even though they have the best of intentions, try to force feed their "way" onto others.

Far too many Christians that I know pay less attention to Jesus and his Sermon on the Mount and much more attention to John the Revelator and his predictions of Armageddon. As a Christian, you tell me which is more important to the benefit of THIS world.

I have no issues with Christians. TRUE Christians. People who follow what Jesus was allegedly trying to do. It's the sanctimonious, "holier-than-thou" zealots (of ANY religion) I despise.

The Muslim thinks the Jew is destined to burn in Hell. The Christian thinks the Muslim is destined to burn in Hell. The Jew thinks the Christian is destined to burn in Hell. It's a vicious circle.

Live and let live! I do not push my religion on anyone and in fact, I am bound to actively DISSUADE converts. I also do not follow my religion to the letter of the law because it is obvious that parts of the bible were written by 6-7 different people over different time periods and then redacted and these various sections sometimes contradict each other. The bible is surely not the verbatim word of God. It might be divinely inspired and even if it is not, it is full of neat aphorisms and examples of useful conduct for a sane society.

I do not believe in a superior divine presence because of some parchment that was scribbled down thousands of years ago by people who may have drawn the same or similar conclusions that I do about the world. I believe in a superior divine being because it is logical to do so. Intelligent design.

Books are written by men (divinely inspired or not) and because men are not infalliable they are subject to error. Consider that.

Regardless, if you find peace in your religion, whatever it may be, then I am genuinely happy for you. However, when you try to tell me (as the starter of this thread did) that your religion is the "only path" and start citing mistranslations of a book that was heavily editted for political reasons in the 3rd century anyhow...expect me to open a can of "whupazz" on you.

Happy and peaceful new year!

BK

Originally Posted by Dr.P View Post
    Well, that's the nature of belief: it is either absolute or it's not a belief.
    The second nature of belief is that it does not need verification. If it would need verification it wouldn't be belief anymore.

To call someone who has a belief a "narrow and closed mind" is an affront to all religious people who actually believe.

every discussion to prove or disprove the reality and nature of God, the trinity, the creation, Jesus, crucification, the Holy Spirit and whatever else, is useless and a waste of time. That are things one believes or does not believe. period. This is the same as if a physicist would argue with an artist about the value of an artwork: the former will tell something about photons, light-frequency, atoms and molecules in the painting colour in order to explain the artwork while the artist will say: don't you see how beautiful it is?

I also think that this discussion should end here.
    And you do not think that a so-called Christian (or any other member of any other religion) "matter of factly" coming out and essentially writing "it's my way of the highway - you are going to be as crispy as fried chicken if you do not accept my way" is not insulting and an affront to all people who have found peace and happiness in some other path?

BK

retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50) retro_roots will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The only sin that Jesus says won't be forgiven is when you blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

If you think it was DEMON/ELEMENTAL/FALLEN ANGEL spirits and not the Holy Spirit attached to my soul whose power fascilitated the miracle described AND it was the Holy Spirit -- I think it is blasphemey to say this -- look at the definition of blasphemy.

Jesus when they say he does his miracles through demons says, "The only sin that won't be forgiven is when you blaspheme the Holy Spirit (paraphrased by me)."

Ouije boards and that common practice calls on demons.

Praying and asking something in Jesus's NAME is the HOLY SPIRIT.

NO OFFENSE BUT I HAPPEN TO HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT AND YOU DON'T.

Whatever man I'm just saying it the same consept, pointing to the bible to find "answers" and moving the little trianlge thing around the board. Both pointless and meaning less, there are no "evil spirits" attached to my Quije (unless my freinds count as evil spirits )

Wow strong judgement, you diffenently know exactly what Christianity is all about, Judging anyone who questions your method, pointing to your bible then calling it a miralce, and telling other christians they're going to hell.

Great Job showing what christianity is all about.
    "Stimulate, don't Annihilate."

- Lee Haney

"God has smiled on me and he's been good to me;
    God has smiled on me and he has set me free."

- Afroman

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by retro_roots View Post
    LOL

This also is very informative on the supplement science angle...
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

And batman well spake the Holy Ghost by Isaiah the prophet unto our fathers,

BK
    Well spake the Holy Ghost by Isaiah the prophet unto our fathers,

Saying, "Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:

For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it."

And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.

newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbatman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

John wrote Revelations and that says an angel named Chernobyl will poison 1/3 of H2O

BK
    You seem to think that prophets learn from men. This is because you have not ever had a supernatural experience / never had the Holy Spirit before.

John was a prophet and foretold the Roman collapse into ten kingdoms, the rise of the pope, his civil authortity lasting 1,260 days and in that time him killing 50 million christians, the rise of Islam through a false prophet, and that it would split into two. Its a little book called Revelations. And he didn't make it up himself. These things come from angels and the Holy Spirit not from other people, like where you learn.

How did he prophecize in Revelations that,

AN ANGEL NAMED CHERNOBYL WILL POISON ONE THIRD OF FRESH WATER ON EARTH EVENTUALLY?

Its going to happen and John wrote it in 100 A.D.

-- you don't know about spiritual world.

God says in JeremiaH, "Am I not a readily available God?"

Why doesn't the Father speak to me like he does you? Is it an unlisted telephone number thing again?

BK
    God says in JeremiaH, "Am I not a readily available God?"

Maybe its because you never asked...I didn't ask for over 20 years...or maybe its because you don't listen like Isaiah said above in my other post today five minutes ago.

Jesus said the only way to the father is through him.

BK
    maybe if you knew the scriptures and the new testamant you wouldn't think I said this about me...

the whole world based its time system on Jesus's birth like the sciptures said would happen...ever read the "end times" prophecies...they come right around the rise of Rome if you follow the wars in them...

by the divine will of God we base our whole time system on Jesus...and he was a light to the Gentiles like Isaiah said...to the ends of the earth

you ignore reality, scripture, and are delusional because it is comfortable and lets you not lose your family and friends you were raised by

so you quote this scripture on God getting cut down for 30 pieces of silver but...

You sound like one of those conspiracy nuts. I think I saw you on an episode of South Park. Did you go dookey in the urinal?

BK
    why did you quote this and then not say anything about it...

is it because it is indisputable that Jesus is God by it?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbatman
    maybe we could translate these verses for them:

10And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people.

11And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the LORD.

12And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

13And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.

Strange how the Lord says in this story that he is valued at 30 pieces of silver in this translation. And how when Judas threw the thirty pieces of silver back and by law it goes to the potter's field for foreigners to be buried in it.

Wonder what it means?

BK
    AND:

if "the Lord is God" and "Jesus is the Lord"

then Jesus is God

you make no sense

but address the scripture about God getting cut down for 30 pieces of silver

I was saying in a more intelleigent way that obviously went over your head with that

Originally Posted by UHCougar05 View Post
    I feel like I'm back in Poli Sci reading Thucydides. "I made them say what it is I think they ought to have said."

Nothing is absolute. I think it was a collect call BK.

I reject your reality and substitute my own, besides, I suck at math.
    the old testament says that when the Messiah comes it will mark the beginning of the "end times"...

I was saying in a more intelleigent way that obviously went over your head with that equation that the "end times" are times A.D. obviously

and therefore Jesus is the Messiah because, Hello, the world basis of "the before" and "end times" are his birth

your ignorant

Originally Posted by zer06ame View Post
    Wow, you just schooled him. I'm only 18 but I was raised Catholic and after learning about other religions, I found myself realizing the church is just a way to gain power/keep power. This guy reminds me of a substitute teacher I had in my religion class, who was like, "Is it okay to be a religion other than Catholic?" and I was like "Yeah why not?" and she was like "NO IT'S NOT YOU'RE GOING TO HELL IF YOU'RE NOT CATHOLIC!" 95% of the people who are obsessed with religion are nuts anyway. I've committed just about every crime, broke most of the 10 commandments, denounced the 'Holy Spirit' and guess what? I don't care. I might go to hell or I might just lie in the ground after I die. Most likely the second one.
    he thinks like a natural man...

fact is if you read Daniel seven and cross reference it with revelations the pope is the man whose number is 666...

and being catholic is bad, bad news...

if you would honestly read daniel 7 you would see that:

#1.) the babylonian empire's national emblem was a lion with wings - this is the lion with wings
    #2.) it gets conquered by the bear - this is persia
    #3.) when the bear gets eaten it has three ribs - persia was a three part empire with three governors
    #4.) the four headed leopard that eats it is Alexander's greek empire because when he died his kingdom split into four
    #5.) the beast that conquers that with iron teeth is the Roman empire which used iron weapons
    #6.) that splits into 10: at its collapse Rome broke into the Portugal (the Suevis), Spain (visigoths), France (francs), England (anglosaxons), Italy (lombards), Switzerland (bergundies), Germany (alemanies), Austria (ostrogoths), Herulis (hungary), and the Vandals which had sacked Rome
    #7.) the three kings that get subdued by the evil 11th man who thinks he's god are the ostrogoths, herulis, and vandals which were exterminated by the pope - the 11th man
    #8.) the 11th man the pope will kill the saints for a times a time and half a time when he has aouthority...this means a year, two years, and half a year or 42 months or 1,260 days in anchient 13 cycles of the moon months or 1,260 prophet days which mean 1,260 years in scripture...the pope had civil authority from 538 A.D. when Justinian gave him Rome until 1798 A.D. when Napolean's general Berthier conquered him - 1,260 years - in this time the pope killed 50 million christians

i could write for 800 pages on this and other related verse in the old testament and revelations but this should make you feel stupid enough to repent your lack of faith

you should stop denying reality

You should also do a little research into Zoroastrianism, Judaism, Buddhism, Taoism and even some of the African religions before you claim the "benefit" of Christian religions/morality is not to love only God but other people as well.

Zoroastrianism may predate Christianity by more than 5,000 years and this was/is a fundemental tenet of the religion. Confucius said the "Golden Rule" hundreds of years before Jesus was born.

Christianity does not have a moral exclusive on "ethical behavior" although the teachings is espouses are surely good, fair and righteous WRT how to treat other people.

The problem with it (and every other religion) is the absolutists who, even though they have the best of intentions, try to force feed their "way" onto others.

Far too many Christians that I know pay less attention to Jesus and his Sermon on the Mount and much more attention to John the Revelator and his predictions of Armageddon. As a Christian, you tell me which is more important to the benefit of THIS world.

I have no issues with Christians. TRUE Christians. People who follow what Jesus was allegedly trying to do. It's the sanctimonious, "holier-than-thou" zealots (of ANY religion) I despise.

The Muslim thinks the Jew is destined to burn in Hell. The Christian thinks the Muslim is destined to burn in Hell. The Jew thinks the Christian is destined to burn in Hell. It's a vicious circle.

Live and let live! I do not push my religion on anyone and in fact, I am bound to actively DISSUADE converts. I also do not follow my religion to the letter of the law because it is obvious that parts of the bible were written by 6-7 different people over different time periods and then redacted and these various sections sometimes contradict each other. The bible is surely not the verbatim word of God. It might be divinely inspired and even if it is not, it is full of neat aphorisms and examples of useful conduct for a sane society.

I do not believe in a superior divine presence because of some parchment that was scribbled down thousands of years ago by people who may have drawn the same or similar conclusions that I do about the world. I believe in a superior divine being because it is logical to do so. Intelligent design.

Books are written by men (divinely inspired or not) and because men are not infalliable they are subject to error. Consider that.

Regardless, if you find peace in your religion, whatever it may be, then I am genuinely happy for you. However, when you try to tell me (as the starter of this thread did) that your religion is the "only path" and start citing mistranslations of a book that was heavily editted for political reasons in the 3rd century anyhow...expect me to open a can of "whupazz" on you.

Happy and peaceful new year!

BK
    gee, I wonder who this guys is? the arm of the Lord? brings knowledge of God to the ends of the earth? gets exectuted? they pierce his side dueing his execution too? the Jews won't accept him so God will send his salvation to the rest of the world instead?

wonder who he is? he sounds like a great guy

the "arm of the Lord" by Isaiah who takes away the sins of the world:

1Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
    Last edited by newbatman; 12-31-2006 at 03:41 PM.

it is called the arm of the Lord gets rejected by the Jews, executed, and

And you do not think that a so-called Christian (or any other member of any other religion) "matter of factly" coming out and essentially writing "it's my way of the highway - you are going to be as crispy as fried chicken if you do not accept my way" is not insulting and an affront to all people who have found peace and happiness in some other path?

BK
    it is called the arm of the Lord gets rejected by the Jews, executed, and the rest of the world gets his salvation...

or the scriptures which you thought you knew...

or reality

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Androgenic View Post
    I could do another category on insulin sensitivity too...important to an athlete and from the aspect of AGE inhibition for longevity purposes. Metformin would be advantageous for this too.
    Since I'm insulin resistant I'll try answering this.

Things to help insulin resistance/improve insulin sensitivity:
    LOSING FAT!
    EXERCISE!
    Ketogenic diet
    Corosolic acid (sold as Glucotrim) http://www.raysahelian.com/corosolic.html
    Cinnamon - in particular methylhydroxy chalcone polymer (MHCP) http://www.life-enhancement.com/arti...ate.asp?ID=683
    Chromium (chromium picolinate or GTF chromium)
    Magnesium
    Zinc
    Calcium ??
    Omega-3 ?? (can tend to inhibit insulin secretion)

Prescription: metformin, glibenclamide, etc.

Testing: ask for your insulin to be measured the next time you get a FBS (fasting blood glucose) test. If blood glucose is normal but insulin is raised, your insulin sensitivity may be impaired and you could be heading towards insulin resistance.

If you have both high blood sugar and high blood insulin, you probably are insulin resistant and heading towards Type II diabetes (if you don't have it already).

just making sure you don't do the sin that won't be forgiven

Originally Posted by retro_roots View Post
    Whatever man I'm just saying it the same consept, pointing to the bible to find "answers" and moving the little trianlge thing around the board. Both pointless and meaning less, there are no "evil spirits" attached to my Quije (unless my freinds count as evil spirits )

Wow strong judgement, you diffenently know exactly what Christianity is all about, Judging anyone who questions your method, pointing to your bible then calling it a miralce, and telling other christians they're going to hell.

just letting you know it was a prayer "in Jesus's name"...

very different than summoning demons with a qugie board...

also just warning you to not call the Holy Spirt a demon spirit...it is bad, bad

Someone Post Their Top 10 Supplements

Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    LOL

This also is very informative on the supplement science angle...
    KADOL came in off topic right away on a good thread on Christmas eve and attacked me being Christian...rather ignorantly...that's what started it...completely unsolicited blasphemy on Christmas...

anyone got their top 10 supplements?

I am the only one that posted a top 10 so far

alpha lipoic acid does this too right

Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    Since I'm insulin resistant I'll try answering this.

Things to help insulin resistance/improve insulin sensitivity:
    LOSING FAT!
    EXERCISE!
    Ketogenic diet
    Corosolic acid (sold as Glucotrim) http://www.raysahelian.com/corosolic.html
    Cinnamon - in particular methylhydroxy chalcone polymer (MHCP) http://www.life-enhancement.com/arti...ate.asp?ID=683
    Chromium (chromium picolinate or GTF chromium)
    Magnesium
    Zinc
    Calcium ??
    Omega-3 ?? (can tend to inhibit insulin secretion)

Prescription: metformin, glibenclamide, etc.

Testing: ask for your insulin to be measured the next time you get a FBS (fasting blood glucose) test. If blood glucose is normal but insulin is raised, your insulin sensitivity may be impaired and you could be heading towards insulin resistance.

If you have both high blood sugar and high blood insulin, you probably are insulin resistant and heading towards Type II diabetes (if you don't have it already).
    you can also get cheap alpha lipoic acid powder for cheap...

it seems to mop up all carbs when you binge eat...

but what does insuline sensitivity mean exactly...and when you store carbs with help chromium piolinate or cinullin or alpha lipoic acid how do you know it gets into muscles and not fat?

BK
    well, I don't like to speak about men, be it christians, muslims, jews, buddhists - or whatever else. human beings are generally quite similar when it comes to discriminate others, especially minorities, to break their own rules, to be cruel to each other etc. this is something that is obviously very immanent in humans - regardless of culture, religion, education or gender.

so, I would never take the OP as a representative of christianity nor any other individual of his own religion.

honestly, I don't have a clue about what buddhism is all about and I have only very coarse pictures of judaism and islam. so I absolutely don't feel competent to discuss the potential "advantages" or "disadvantages" of each of those religions. If Buddha have something said several hunderd years before Christ - so well: that makes it neither better nor worse. It's the content that matters and the pronciples behind that. And this is something where (the true and pure) Christianity really shines.

And I am 1000% with you when you say: "Live and let live".
    Religion (here: Christianity) is only worth its name when it becomes apparent in everday living and not in theorizing. If I behave like crap it's absurd to call myself a "Christian" because of the obvious dissociation from the Christian principles. It is a shame to look at history (middle ages) and present time and to see wars and millions of murders in "God's name".

However, I do believe that it is TRUE what I believe in. This implies some degree of "exclusivity". But this "feeling of exclusivity" must never become offensive against people who have different beliefs. this is one of the principles of Christianity: tell other people your beliefs but don't force them because God doesn't force anybody to believe. The free will is a gift and should be respected.
    Ad I am glad that the circle closes at this point where we fully agree at: to live and let live.

happy new year to you!

captainnucare7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) captainnucare7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) captainnucare7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) captainnucare7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) captainnucare7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) captainnucare7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) captainnucare7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) captainnucare7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) captainnucare7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) captainnucare7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) captainnucare7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    tito ortiz lost, im devestated

Originally Posted by captainnucare7 View Post
    tito ortiz lost, im devestated
    But this was predicted in the Book of Matthew so you should not be surprised.

BK

Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drumkid20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wow. Someone touched a nerve here.

you can also get cheap alpha lipoic acid powder for cheap...

it seems to mop up all carbs when you binge eat...

but what does insuline sensitivity mean exactly...and when you store carbs with help chromium piolinate or cinullin or alpha lipoic acid how do you know it gets into muscles and not fat?
    as long as your liver and muscular glycogen stores are not excessively full and as long as you don't take too much of fast acting carbs, you can be pretty confident that the carbs will go straightly into the muscle cells and won't cause any fat deposits. This is why creatine formulas that have extreme amounts of carbs (50 -100 g) per serving are not the best choice.

Taken after workout, a small amount of carbs (not more than 20-30 g) will not cause fat gains.