Journ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Journ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Journ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many times a week should I work out my abs?

Hey all, here's what's up. I just recently started working out my abs but prior to that I've read that abs should be worked on 2 or 3 times a week, depanding on an individual.
    You obviously need some rest for your muscle for to grow.
    Now, I'm currently working out my abs 2 times a week but I don't feel any soreness whatsoever so I was thinking that maybe 3 times a week would be better for me because I feel that my body can take it.
    What do you guys think?

BTW, I currently have a lot of fat on my stomach but I'm not planning to cut until march when I'm going to run 5 times a week.

Even though I have fat, should I still work ut my abs 2 or 3 times a week?
    Because I know that working out my abs will make my abs stronger and bigger, the only problem is that they won't be visible until I get rid of my fat but still they will grow underneath that fat and be visible once I lower by BF. Am I right?
    Still, should I be working out my abs now even though I have fat or should I wait march?
    Last edited by Journ; 12-24-2006 at 01:56 PM.

coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) coolness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 or 3.. 4... 5... whatever works best! Honestly, when trying to burn fat, over-training the abs, like 4 to 5 days a week with many sets burns calories and makes your abs stick out, and makes your ab STRONG, making them be able to take the damage of your other stuff. Now it's only smart to do this for like 2 or 3 weeks... go to 2 days a week, then 3, and then go back. After a while, you'll notice that you can hit your abs HARD, and that they will be REALLY strong. This helps in running and cardio. Also, you problably don't care about the size of your abs, so over-training them won't limit your gains.
    Push-ups- 500
    Chin-ups- 80 to 100
    Dips- 150
    Clapper push-ups- 80

You want to try it?

OceanaK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

answers

Maybe 3 times. Don't overtrain them. they won't be a ble to grow if you do that.