Thread: work out pain

lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question work out pain

After a very long layoff I stepped on the scales the other morning and my eyes about feel out of my head! I'm 6'2" and feel that I can carry about 210 or 215 pretty easy but the scales said 235 and that is the point that I must do something. Anyway for 3 weeks now and I hope a very long time to follow I've been doing plenty of exercising and weight lifting. My question is this, my arms and triceps hurt so much! I've tried to lift everyother day but there are days that I just can't becasue of the pain. As I go on will the pain stop or at least become tolerable?

QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Question

Originally Posted by lionheart069 View Post
    After a very long layoff I stepped on the scales the other morning and my eyes about feel out of my head! I'm 6'2" and feel that I can carry about 210 or 215 pretty easy but the scales said 235 and that is the point that I must do something. Anyway for 3 weeks now and I hope a very long time to follow I've been doing plenty of exercising and weight lifting. My question is this, my arms and triceps hurt so much! I've tried to lift everyother day but there are days that I just can't becasue of the pain. As I go on will the pain stop or at least become tolerable?
    Bodyweight is relative your overall makeup. That is, bone structure, body fat content, etc. I, or anyone else, would need a great deal more information to make an assessment. As far as the pain goes, is it muscular pain, joint pain, ???
    Also, you must post your routine, diet, supp's, etc.
    You are leaving out too much to even come close with a lucky guess.
    I am currently 227 at 5'7" after bulking, so unless you are a ball of lard, 235 at 6’2” doesn’t sound that bad.
    "it's always a good day to start lifting"
    Flex Magazine, Mar. '07, pg.44

"There is no secret routine, there is no magical number of reps and sets. What there is, is confidence, belief, hard work on a consistant basis, and a desire to succeed. This is what I mean when I say accept your limits and when the time is right, you will push right through your limits time and time again, mentally and physically."
    --Steve Justa

tim sahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim sahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim sahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim sahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim sahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim sahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim sahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim sahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim sahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the older you get the more time it takes to recover from a hard workout make sure that you are getting the proper nutrition and sleep

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lionheart069 View Post
    I've tried to lift everyother day but there are days that I just can't becasue of the pain. As I go on will the pain stop or at least become tolerable?
    Are you working the same muscle groups every other day? If you are, then that's probably a problem right there. As others have said, we need more info.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Stick with a three day a week routine untill you fully adapt
    And keep the advil handy.

I'm still 27 in hex :) Plato458's Avatar
    Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000)
    BCAAs make a huge difference to DOMS, I hardly ever suffer from these now unless I really have abused myself or have cranked a joint.

As suggested ^^^^ post your stats/pix, workout and specifics about what hurts so we can make a few informed suggestions. There may be a number of things going on and it's pretty hard to guess it right.

Welcome!

Px
    Never Give Up Never Surrender ;-P

I did once and look what happened - 30% BF

skinnychubbyguy "Hole in my underwear... What is the purpose of the hole on the front? I mean they stitch up the other side, but they leave the one opening on the front open, wtf is the point? My balls don't get that sweaty to air out, and I don't pull my dick through it to piss or anything else, so is there a legit reason for this?"

lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face

Sorry guys and gals as well, I'll tell you a bit about myself and my routines and the like. I've always been a very active guy and loved sports as well as played them. When I was younger maybe 15 yrs ago I was doing alot of running and exercising but guess I just got out of the exercising and stopped running becasue of the knees beginning to hurt. Its not as if I'm a pussy or something, I work in a steel mill and it can be very hard work at times and have been there for 30 yrs.
    Well as I told you I just got to the point to where I decided enough is enough went out bought an olympic weight bench, a 1/2 cage and lat attchment for it as well as a 300 lb weight set and dumb bells and have been using them for 3 weeks now. I have been trying to work the lower body and upper body every other day and crunches everyday. For the upper body I will do curls, presses, flys, and work the shoulders and back of the arms with cable exercises. As for the legs I do legs presses both front and back, squats, and do a few cable exercises with the legs.
    As for diet I have been sticking to low fat pretty much but have my meat for dinner. I think I have a good diet now, dropped the chips and junk for fruits, vegtables, yogert and such and at night will have popcorn for a snack with out butter or oil.
    As for supplements I don't much there other than vitamins every day.
    The pain I'm talking about is not in the joints but just muscles, mostly in the arms. The legs it seems that I can really work them and they are sore for a bit but come around in 2 days bute the arms no way I can really work them every other day. So do I need to lay off them or keep working them and thru the pain?
    About 10 yrs ago I tried doing some weights and damaged the cartlidge in my breast bone right where the top ribs come together and that was hell to get over and really took a long time to heal. That was something I just thought I'd mention and never want to do that again.
    Thank you all for any help you may give me.