Thread: The Beep Test

polejump is on a distinguished road. (+10) polejump is on a distinguished road. (+10) polejump is on a distinguished road. (+10) polejump is on a distinguished road. (+10) polejump is on a distinguished road. (+10) polejump is on a distinguished road. (+10) polejump is on a distinguished road. (+10) polejump is on a distinguished road. (+10) polejump is on a distinguished road. (+10) polejump is on a distinguished road. (+10) polejump is on a distinguished road. (+10)

The Beep Test

Hello guys,

I am having trouble with the Beep Test a Multi Stage Fitness examination used for Emergency Services, Military and Sports. For those who don't know of it it's a test that measures aerobic fitness by having you run 20 metres back and forth for an extended period of time however the speed increases throughout. For example beep 1-2 is a slow jog beep 3 and 4 you will be slow running/running 5 and 6 the speed really picks up and by about 7 you are running as quick as you can to make it.

As for my situation i am trying to join the Australian Army and i actually leave on the 13th of August for basic giving me approximately 6 weeks to train before the pre fitness examination and at worst 2 months to pass it. I would like to pass it on the first go and i think that is achievable with 6 weeks.

Now before i go into specifics on my training i need to mention that i require a 7.5 to pass. I have done this 7.5 before in my backyard at home so i am (Or have been) at that level of fitness.

Over time i have been trying to train myself for the longer test at basic (Which is 2.4 kilometres) and i feel my body has become more suited to long distance running because upon doing the beep test today my score has reached a low (6.2)

What i have been doing is long jogging but every kilometre i would throw a 500 metre run in there and jog the next kilometre and then sprint and then go back to jogging rinse and repeat. I thought this would atleast keep me at the level of fitness where i can score a 7.5 but i cannot.

So if anyone could help me with an exercise routine to pass this test or general advice in terms of what to eat etc to pass that would be great.

Thank you for any help that can be offered i apologize if this is in the wrong section.

nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) nicholkid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You shouldn't have to train specifically to get a 7.5. You should just continue to go for a run each day, but be sure that you are pushing yourself. A 7.5 isn't that good of a score really, and it shouldn't be that hard to attain. Also, when you are running it for real with other guys, you will push yourself a lot harder so you should be able to get a 7.5 no problem.
    I got a vision for the life that's right in front of me
    I got a right, I got a reason, got a destiny
    I know exactly where I'm headed and I’m never looking back.