alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Beginner full body routine, how long should i use it

I do a full body routine 3 times a week. With 3 to 4 sets (12,10, 10,8 reps) of the following exercises.
    Bench Press
    Bicep curl
    French press
    Bent over barbell row
    Seated military press
    Shrugs
    Squats
    I have been lifting weights for around 10 weeks and I was wondering how long I should use this routine for. The main reason for asking is, with all the discussions of over training, fatigue and rest time for muscles between workouts I was wondering how long a workout like this would be benefiical for, before it starts doing damage (if at all)?

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by alkell View Post
    I do a full body routine 3 times a week. With 3 to 4 sets (12,10, 10,8 reps) of the following exercises.
    Bench Press
    Bicep curl
    French press
    Bent over barbell row
    Seated military press
    Shrugs
    Squats
    I have been lifting weights for around 10 weeks and I was wondering how long I should use this routine for. The main reason for asking is, with all the discussions of over training, fatigue and rest time for muscles between workouts I was wondering how long a workout like this would be benefiical for, before it starts doing damage (if at all)?

Until you stop seeing results, and feel the urge to do more.

I would personally go from this to a 4 day.

At 10 weeks, I would say you are probably ready.

I would do 2 exercises per bodypart on a: Chest/Back/Shoulders, Legs/Arms split.

Example:

Monday: Chest/Back/Shoulders
    Tuesday: Legs/Arms
    Wed: off
    Thurs: same as monday
    Fri: same as Tues
    Sat, Sun off
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you need to put your curls and french press after all the torso work...so the arms dont give out first when u do rows etc

and generally squats go first or second

---

if youre worried about overtraining you could just schedule an easy week every 4th week or so

then maybe every 8 weeks switch exercises...and all along you should vary the sets/reps/weight a little.

for instance if u do 3x5@200 one week....maybe do 3x3@215 next time..then maybe 3x7@ 195 next time....then go to 3x5 at 205....or whatever along those lines. if u do the same reps etc every week youll go stale quicker
    "Humility comes before honor"

alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) alkell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Defiant, that's what I was thinking of moving to next, just wondering when to do it. Thanks for your input, backed up what I was thinking.

Thanks John, the overtraining worry was simply from doing the same muscle 3 times in a week. Interesting what you said about the order of the routine and especially squats. This was how the program was given to me and I hadn't analysed it (as I dont have the experience to do that). I am interested to hear other people views and reasoning on the order of exercises.