Thread: tricep heads

bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

tricep heads

Can someone post a picture pointing out the 3 heads of the tricep and which exercises work each head?

hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. - Conan

Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    http://exrx.net/Muscles/TricepsBrachii.html
    http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/I...TR/triceps.jpg

The triceps heads work together. You are going to have trouble isolating specific heads, but certain grips on exercises are going to be more intense on specific heads.

Other people will help you with this.

bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bicepguy3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so if i do cable pressdown, skull crushers, and dips will i be hitting all the heads?

badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) badreligion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    anything close grip hits the outside of the muscle , andything wide grip hits the inner part

so if you wanna hit the outsideo f the tricep

close grip bench press

rope pushdowns

V Bar Push Downs

dumbell kick backs

ect

for inner

french press *dumbell or ez curl bar*

1 arm over head dumbell ext

wide grip reveser pulldowns
    In Hoots We Trust.

Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sleepstream has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I believe you would. With the cable pressdown, you can always use the rope feature and change your hand positioning, along with changing the rope angles.

I've never had a problem with working the triceps, and I don't do too many isolation exercises for them. Skullcrushers seem to give them the best workout in my experiences.
    Last edited by Sleepstream; 12-23-2006 at 06:22 PM.

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by badreligion View Post
    anything close grip hits the outside of the muscle , andything wide grip hits the inner part

so if you wanna hit the outsideo f the tricep

close grip bench press

rope pushdowns

V Bar Push Downs

dumbell kick backs

ect

for inner

french press *dumbell or ez curl bar*

1 arm over head dumbell ext

wide grip reveser pulldowns
    ^^^Gross oversimplification of "rule" that is anything but universal.

Furthermore... DB kickbacks!?

*pounds head against the wall*

kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kennny d is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by crazygerman View Post
    ^^^Gross oversimplification of "rule" that is anything but universal.

Furthermore... DB kickbacks!?

*pounds head against the wall*
    lol x2

hit the dips hard, throw in cgbp and some skulls and you'll be set