Thread: Workout Volume

j4mes60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout Volume

I have been doing about 8 sets for bis and tris each. i do 12 for shoulders and chest, and 15 for legs. however some1 i know brought it to my attention, that due to the fact my strength has gone up, but my size does not reflect my strength, and my diet is very good and strict ( please dont ask me for my diet, my diet is very good, i eat enough healthy fats, enough protein, and enough decent carbs trust me).
    I was told to instead for example for chest do 2 sets incline bar, 2 sets flat dumbell, and 2 sets flyes and thats it for 8-10 reps. And do triceps after chest but only do 1 excersise for 2 sets.
    for back do 2 sets wide grip chins, 2 sets bar bell rows (with 1 warm up not included), and 2 sets deads (with 1 warm up set not included), and all 8-10 reps, followed by 1 excercises of biceps for 2 sets.
    it goes like that. and i do one muscle group a week. Is this really enough:?? i know too much is bad, i have started it today, and i did chest, and i was pleasantly surprised to have muscle soreness in my chest and triceps after such a brief workout.

what are your views on this, any ideas? advice??? anything

the guy that told me to do this promised it was against common views, but told me to try it for a month and promised me i would see good results.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    So you want to change your workout to gain more size, correct?

Well if you are gaining strength, but not gaining size, the likely answer is to keep your lifting the same and simply eat more calories. A caloric surplus is really the key to mass gains.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/