Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dmr11 View Post
    Go Big have you considered rest time between sets to as little as 30 seconds? You did not give a "time" other than you rested while your training partner did his set. Also, if you set up the plates at the ends of the bar your partner could add weights quickly so your rest time between sets as you increased weight could be limited. I like to keep my rest time between sets as close to 30 seconds as possible. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Yeah mate I have trained with 30 sec rest periods however, on this type of workout we tend to rely on each other to finish a set and go "GET UP OFF THE FLOOR, GET YOUR ASS ON THAT MACHINE AND START REPPING YOU SISSY!"

GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Someday View Post
    Does it look like he needs to keep his rest time down? lol Look at him....he's one of the biggest mofo's you'll ever see!
    That coming from a brick outhouse!
    I never can understand why some get so hung up on rest time between sets (and this is NOT directed at you dmr11...I see it all the time).
    Agreed, depending on what I'm trying to achieve I vary rest from 30 sec's some workouts to up to 5 minutes.
    Hell after I do my heavy set on hacks (600*6)the other day, it had to be a good five minutes before I could even breath normally enough to attempt my 20 repper. After that one, I think it was 10 minutes before I could breath enough to walk out of the gym!
    Don't blame you man, I've seen your videos you move some incredible weight with awesome form. (add a link here for that vid of your ROCK BOTTOM rack squats Mr. S - you guys'll see what a squat should look like)
    There was this guy walking on the track around the gym behind his wheelchair with an oxygen tank....I really was dying to ask him for a few hits off of it.
    LOL!!! and if you'd had the energy you'd have knocked him down and swiped the chair and the tank......

And Go big.....I always get a kick out of seeing the many different ways we all go about this. I do a 2 set quad shocker (not counting warmups) that had a combined 26 reps.....and even I have been having trouble getting out of my seat today. lol This post is a great example of why I don't preach DC is the only way to grow....there are lots of ways to grow. In time, all we can hope for is finding the optimal path for our bodies.
    Yeah, got the link from Baldy and have registered on intensemuscle, plan to check it out and give a try - am ALWAYS looking for new ways to grow.

Been checking out some of your other posts and am impressed by you strength Mr.S. I used to move serious weight but have lately been using my age as an excuse not to - well no more man, Thank you!

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Good to have you, Go Big. Great to see different and aggressive workouts.

Welcome
    Thanks Mark, great to be here!

Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Free Weight Friedel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up Legs!!

Originally Posted by GO BIG View Post
    So I hit the gym this morning for a leg workout and have no idea what I plan to do as I'm NOT feeling like my "normal" leg routine, Hey it's Christmas time and a change is as good as a holiday, RIGHT?

So my highly intelligent BB brain says to me "Hey, lets shock the legs a touch, HE HE HEEE!" and I'm like "Dude that's not a bad idea - lets do it"
    and by halfway through the workout I'm saying to my new training partner "Who's **** idea was this anyhow?" Check it out, maybe I'm just getting OLD, and maybe it was the couple of beers I had last night at a silly season braai(South African for cookout/barbecue) but this seriously kicked my ass today.

We rested just long enough between sets for the other partner to finish his set.

LEG PRESS:
    SET WEIGHT REPS TOTAL WEIGHT/SET
    1 50kg/110.25 lb 50 2500kg/5512.5 lb
    2 100kg/220.5 lb 50 5000kg/11025 lb
    3 150kg/330.75 lb 50 7500kg/16537.5 lb
    4 200kg/441 lb 50 10000kg/22050 lb
    5 250kg/551.25 lb 15 3750kg/8268.75 lb
    6 250kg/551.25 lb 15 3750kg/8268.75 lb
    7 250kg/551.25 lb 15 3750kg/8268.75 lb
    TOTAL WEIGHT MOVED 36250kg/79931.25lb

HAMSTRING CURLS:

3 X 60Kg 10,8,8 1560kg/3439.8 lb

LEG EXTENSIONS

3 X 70Kg 8,8,7 1610kg/3550.05lb

TOTAL WEIGHT FOR WORKOUT 39420Kg/86921 lb

So there you have it, one MF leg shocker. And by the way I'm feeling right now I'm gonna have a SERIOUS problem trying to sit, stand, walk, lie down or crawl for a couple of days. And as for my new training partner, the boy held in there like a champ and now knows what "I" mean by GO BIG!
    Holy SH*t!!! I think my legs just fell off my body after reading this!! This is an awesome workout and some shocker!! Could your legs fit out the door of the gym after this!!

I did my leg workout on Saturday and I am sore. If I attempted something like this, I don't think I would be able to walk, stand, or crawl for a year!!
    *RCSS Rep*

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ronnie-coleman-signature-series.html

LOL! They fitted out the door ok mate but they had a serious problem negotiating the stairs though.

dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go Big and others, my comments are related to the idea of "keep them guessing", meaning not letting your muscles get into a set workout program. There is an old saying around here, "variety is the spice of life". Your leg workout is a killer. But how many continuing workouts could you do that same workout. I would be interested in seeing your regular leg workout and compairing it to this one. It has been proven, in other sports, that mixing up your program produces better results than staying on a given program over time. By seeing what others are doing I can gain ideas that I could add to my program in the future. Keep up the good work.
    Know your enemy, so when the balloon goes up you will know who to shoot first.

You can never have too many guns nor too much ammo!

Go Big and others, my comments are related to the idea of "keep them guessing", meaning not letting your muscles get into a set workout program. There is an old saying around here, "variety is the spice of life".
    Got that dmr, and I agree completely with that philosophy - I am always mixing things up.
    Your leg workout is a killer. But how many continuing workouts could you do that same workout.
    Yes it is! I ussually only do this type of workout every 3 - 4 weeks as I stated earlier in this thread!
    I would be interested in seeing your regular leg workout and compairing it to this one.
    A typical leg workout would look something like this:
    10 min stationary bike w/up
    Extensions start @ +- 30kg for 20 reps and increase weight/ decrease reps until I get to full stack 70kg for 3 X 8
    Squats start @ +- 60kg for 20 then increase weight and decrease reps to one set of 6 reps (weight varies on this set depending on how heavy I can go on a day)
    leg press start @ +- 250 kg and depending how I feel may end up at 400kg for 3 X 8
    Stiff legged deadlifts 3 X 8 @ whatever I can handle (up to +-140kg)
    Hamstring Curls 3 X 12, 10, 8
    It has been proven, in other sports, that mixing up your program produces better results than staying on a given program over time.
    Agreed but there is always an exception to the rule - recently read that big Ron Coleman believes that you should NOT mix it up but train the same all the time. I then went back and checked my stock of old BB magazines with Coleman articles and sure enough he's been doing the same workouts for years! So much for mixing it up and keeping the body guessing hey! As Mr. Someday said above, you gotta find what works best for you, and I'll add "at this time" I've found that different things work at different times but I also believe that IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!
    By seeing what others are doing I can gain ideas that I could add to my program in the future.
    That's the way to learn man, keep it up. The great thing about advise though is that the choice is yours wether you use it or not, and if you DO choose to use it and it doesn't work for you you can toss it!
    Keep up the good work.
    Thanks Mate

dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go Big, do you "take a break" from training? I find that a week off every three to four months helps to break the "over training" problem. I also move from a "heavy" training program to a "lite" program also helps. Right now I am on a six day a week schedule with upper body 1,3,5 and lower body 2,4,6. About April 1 I will probibly go on a 4 day a week program.

Right now my lower body program consist of the following:
    leg curls, leg extensions, dead lifts (not stiff leg dead lifts), lunges, squats and standing toe raises. The basic is 3X10 to 15 at 65% to 70% ORM. One day a month I change the weight and sets to 40% ORM doing 5 to 6 sets with 25 reps per set. On an additional day I will go heavy with 90% ORM for two sets of 5 to 8 reps. This works for me right now, but it is getting "stale". If someone can stay with a given program for a longtime, good for them. I am not one of those. Guess it comes with my HAAD problem I have been plaged with all my life.

Thanks for you reply to my former post.

Yeah mate, I do take time off every now and then but it's usually enforced time off due to shoot schedules or otherwise it's pure "slapgatgeid" (afrikaans word for lazy ass) which I never USED to do and do not INTEND to do anymore as I find it hinders my progress. As long as my diet is up to scratch I do not have an overtraining problem.

As for your current program, As i said you've got to do what works for you but in my opinion, training a bodypart more than twice per week is too much and will more than likely result in a loss of muscle mass - sometimes, less is more when it comes to training. As for mixing between heavy and light workouts, i think it's a great idea to do so either workout for workout or a period of progressive heavy workouts followed by a period of lighter workouts and then again build up to your max etc.

Go Big, I just looked at your age and had a good laugh. I started lifting at least 5 years before you were born. I have yet to figure out what the coach had in mind with the "trip". I have never seen or read of anything even closely related. Boy, I am getting old! Thanks for your commits and critic. This seems to be working for me now, so I will stay with it for a couple of months, at least. I will keep watch on what you are doing.

Red face Go Big's gone stupid!

Go Big, I just looked at your age and had a good laugh. I started lifting at least 5 years before you were born.
    The point being?????
    I have yet to figure out what the coach had in mind with the "trip".
    Lost here too
    I have never seen or read of anything even closely related.
    To what???
    Boy, I am getting old!
    Would hate to be the one that made you realise that.
    Thanks for your commits and critic. This seems to be working for me now, so I will stay with it for a couple of months, at least. I will keep watch on what you are doing.
    Cool...

I know I am getting old as I now see children of people who were students at the University of South Carolina after I had been there for four or five years as students now. And yes, I will be able to retire at the end of June, 2007, 3 days before I turn 58 after being there 30 years. I also have 6 months as a corrections officer.

The "trip" was a set of weight lifting exercises with other exercises interspersed, such as sit ups, push ups and rope climb, which you had to do with arms only. There was one exercise with weights that I have never seen since. They called it the shake. You hold the bar at sholder hight out in front of you then pull it into your chest and push it back out again as fast as you can. All exercises were for ten reps. I thought it was to build strength, but on reflection I don't know how that was possible. But it may have been the best they could do back then. Back then was 1961.

Sorry if my last post was not clear, I will put it down to the cold meds I am on right. Not fun.

I know I am getting old as I now see children of people who were students at the University of South Carolina after I had been there for four or five years as students now. And yes, I will be able to retire at the end of June, 2007, 3 days before I turn 58 after being there 30 years. I also have 6 months as a corrections officer.
    And here I am feeling old because botn my children are finished high school. LOL!

The "trip" was a set of weight lifting exercises with other exercises interspersed, such as sit ups, push ups and rope climb, which you had to do with arms only. There was one exercise with weights that I have never seen since. They called it the shake. You hold the bar at sholder hight out in front of you then pull it into your chest and push it back out again as fast as you can. All exercises were for ten reps. I thought it was to build strength, but on reflection I don't know how that was possible. But it may have been the best they could do back then. Back then was 1961.
    I recently saw a similar kind of programme on DVD - It was followed by one of the UFC fighters and carried on for an hour. He actually sprinted from one exercise to the other, and thereafter worked cardio for 30 minutes in a SAUNA! CRAZY!

Sorry if my last post was not clear, I will put it down to the cold meds I am on right. Not fun.
    No problem dmr, hope you're soon feeling better.

bump

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GO BIG View Post
    bump

Dissapear for 3 months and that's the best you can come up....."bump"?!

Welcome back big man!

Dissapear for 3 months and that's the best you can come up....."bump"?!
    OK so i'm not very intelligent - but I can lift heavy things!

Welcome back big man!
    Thanks man, checked your latest progress pics - Looking great there S.
    Legs especially!!

DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000) DougHolland is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great leg workout! I love long sets/high rep and the strip with Heavy weight.

Doug
    http://www.hollandreflexology.com/