Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up 39 Ton Leg Shocker!

So I hit the gym this morning for a leg workout and have no idea what I plan to do as I'm NOT feeling like my "normal" leg routine, Hey it's Christmas time and a change is as good as a holiday, RIGHT?

So my highly intelligent BB brain says to me "Hey, lets shock the legs a touch, HE HE HEEE!" and I'm like "Dude that's not a bad idea - lets do it"
    and by halfway through the workout I'm saying to my new training partner "Who's **** idea was this anyhow?" Check it out, maybe I'm just getting OLD, and maybe it was the couple of beers I had last night at a silly season braai(South African for cookout/barbecue) but this seriously kicked my ass today.

We rested just long enough between sets for the other partner to finish his set.

LEG PRESS:
    SET WEIGHT REPS TOTAL WEIGHT/SET
    1 50kg/110.25 lb 50 2500kg/5512.5 lb
    2 100kg/220.5 lb 50 5000kg/11025 lb
    3 150kg/330.75 lb 50 7500kg/16537.5 lb
    4 200kg/441 lb 50 10000kg/22050 lb
    5 250kg/551.25 lb 15 3750kg/8268.75 lb
    6 250kg/551.25 lb 15 3750kg/8268.75 lb
    7 250kg/551.25 lb 15 3750kg/8268.75 lb
    TOTAL WEIGHT MOVED 36250kg/79931.25lb

HAMSTRING CURLS:

3 X 60Kg 10,8,8 1560kg/3439.8 lb

LEG EXTENSIONS

3 X 70Kg 8,8,7 1610kg/3550.05lb

TOTAL WEIGHT FOR WORKOUT 39420Kg/86921 lb

So there you have it, one MF leg shocker. And by the way I'm feeling right now I'm gonna have a SERIOUS problem trying to sit, stand, walk, lie down or crawl for a couple of days. And as for my new training partner, the boy held in there like a champ and now knows what "I" mean by GO BIG!
    Last edited by GO BIG; 12-22-2006 at 02:19 AM.

GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) GO BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my apologies for the spacing guys, just cant get it right!

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Love your pics....you are the real deal. Your son starting this age will pass you soon and I bet you will cherrish the day. You gym looks just like mine here in L.A. with those nasty overhead lamps.

My hips and knees ache just reading that routine. Good job!! I am also an ink fan....that American Indian Chief is awsome. I waited until my competition days were over to get most of my work done. Although, judges in the U.S. are starting not to deduct points for tattoos.

Originally Posted by Baldsnake View Post
    Love your pics....you are the real deal. Your son starting this age will pass you soon and I bet you will cherrish the day. You gym looks just like mine here in L.A. with those nasty overhead lamps.

My hips and knees ache just reading that routine. Good job!! I am also an ink fan....that American Indian Chief is awsome. I waited until my competition days were over to get most of my work done. Although, judges in the U.S. are starting not to deduct points for tattoos.
    Thank you Baldsnake, thoough I don't know if Chris Cormier would appreciate your bestowing his title on me, :-).

My son says I'm too big for what he wants to achieve from training - Rather wants the "Mens Health" look for himself although he often takes a dig at Dad if I look like I'm slacking off.

Yeah those lights really add a sweat to your workout!

Must say that although I do battle with my knees after numerous surgical procedures when I was younger, they bother me more when I'm NOT training legs to the max.

Love my Native american piece, it's one-of-a-kind. When I decided to get the ink competing was not on the cards for me but when I did compete my tats were hardly visible under the "tan". Am seriously considering competing in Nationals next year (Sept) though there's not much to gain from BB in SA except personal satisfaction.

Thanks again, and a Happy Festive Season to you.

samori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) samori is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yeah, i guess you really meant "go big" - nice work.
    MILITARY RETIRED

NYY, NYG, NYR hometown fan - no matter where I move.

dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One idea in a workout is to "keep your muscles guessing" as to what is coming up. You really did that. Drop the weight next time and up the reps per set. Keep them guessing. My workout is nothing like yours, but then I have to be able to walk up and down stairs every day. So leg curls and extensions, lunges and squats will have to do for me for now.
    Know your enemy, so when the balloon goes up you will know who to shoot first.

You can never have too many guns nor too much ammo!

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think I have ever done over a 25 or 30 rep leg press set.
    Damn 50 reps, now that surely is a shocker.

I gotta try a leg press protocal like that next week.

Go Big ! You are looking huge. Awsome work !
    Congrats on your boy's progress so far as well.
    He obviously has a good teacher. LOL
    Happy Holidays !

Red face What A Sissy!!!

So big bad monster decides that this mornings leg workout was not that strenuous after all and heads back to the gym for a second leg workout with great intentions to SQUAT! LMFAO!!!!

So I grab the Olympic bar, all 20 kg of it, to warm up and six reps in the lower back says “no way MF, I aint doing this” so I decide to switch to front squats and JUST manage the following:

1 X 10 @ 20kg
    1 X 8 @ 60kg
    1 X 8 @ 100kg then drop set of
    1 X 4 @ 120kg
    1 X 5 @ 100kg
    1 X 6 @ 60kg

Then on to Hack Squats
    1 X 8 @ 60kg
    2 X 8 @ 90kg

Sissy Squats
    3 X 10 Bodyweight

Stiff legged deadlifts
    3 X 12 @ 60kg

All with rest periods in between that were long enough to spot Dumb Belle, help some poor soul with bad lifting form and take a slow stroll to the water fountain but felt as though I was rushing the sets.

Guess the 39 odd tons moved this morning really did take its toll hey!

The older I get, the stronger I used to be……

Originally Posted by dmr11 View Post
    One idea in a workout is to "keep your muscles guessing" as to what is coming up. You really did that. Drop the weight next time and up the reps per set. Keep them guessing. My workout is nothing like yours, but then I have to be able to walk up and down stairs every day. So leg curls and extensions, lunges and squats will have to do for me for now.
    I only do this kind of workout every 3 or 4 weeks as a shock, usually do extensions, squats, hack squats, presses, stiffies then lying curls. Have tried 100 rep sets before but find it's more of a CARDIO workout, prefer 50's.

Originally Posted by samori View Post
    yeah, i guess you really meant "go big" - nice work.
    Thanks Samori, enjoy pushing myself - cant seem to handle as much weight as when I was younger so gotta do these crazy things every so often

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chi_town View Post
    I don't think I have ever done over a 25 or 30 rep leg press set.
    Damn 50 reps, now that surely is a shocker.

I gotta try a leg press protocal like that next week.

Go Big ! You are looking huge. Awsome work !
    Congrats on your boy's progress so far as well.
    He obviously has a good teacher. LOL
    Happy Holidays !
    Thanks Bro, on all counts.

I also start workouts with 20 rep squats every couple of months starting at bodyweight for 3 sets in the first week and then add weight every week I manage to complete all sets until I reach 1.5 X bodyweight.

Give the 50's a try and let me know how you feel after 48 hours.

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GO BIG
    Give the 50's a try and let me know how you feel after 48 hours.
    I definately will.

Have a great Holiday !

Great Holiday to you and yours too Chi. looking forward to your feedback.

No need to drool bud, the say a glass of wine every so often is GOOD for you.

Originally Posted by GO BIG
    No need to drool bud, the say a glass of wine every so often is GOOD for you.

Yeah, but it's the interpretation of "every so often" I have trouble with LOL
    I love dry red wine.

Actually I am cutting at the moment and have stayed away from all alcohol for these past 7 weeks... all but once. (one night I had a few glasses of wine a 2 beers) The only other time I am allowing myself to indulge is Christmas. I have 10 weeks left on this cut.

DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Me too! Me too!

Uuuuuhm......... hello boys. Please excuse the intrusion but (since nobody else is gonna do it for me) i hope you don't mind me blowing my own horn a bit...................

I did one of these "shocker" leg routines with Go Big a few months back AND kept up:
    50kg Leg Press for 50 reps for 3 sets!!!!!! (at the time I only weighed 55kg)

It was AWESOME and I felt great (ie:F@#$*CKED) afterwards.

Surprisingly, not AS sore as I expected the next day but still battled to walk for a while!

Oh well, just my little pat on my own back. LOL!
    What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog.
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Never eat more than you can lift."
    - Miss Piggy.

Originally Posted by DUMB BELLE View Post
    Uuuuuhm......... hello boys. Please excuse the intrusion but (since nobody else is gonna do it for me) i hope you don't mind me blowing my own horn a bit...................
    Go check your journal love ;-)

I did one of these "shocker" leg routines with Go Big a few months back AND kept up:
    50kg Leg Press for 50 reps for 3 sets!!!!!! (at the time I only weighed 55kg)
    Kept up?? As I remember you were walking after - admittedly shakingly - and I was crawling - Think you kicked my butt!

It was AWESOME and I felt great (ie:F@#$*CKED) afterwards.
    I WISH!! LOL

Surprisingly, not AS sore as I expected the next day but still battled to walk for a while!
    That was the Jaeger Bombs J!!

Oh well, just my little pat on my own back. LOL!
    Any time love ;-)

Hey DB, what are you doin' in the over 35 section anyhow? You're WAY too young for this.

Just MY own little pat on the back!!!He Hee

Yeah, but it's the interpretation of "every so often" I have trouble with LOL
    I love dry red wine.
    Who doesn't?

Actually I am cutting at the moment and have stayed away from all alcohol for these past 7 weeks... all but once. (one night I had a few glasses of wine a 2 beers) The only other time I am allowing myself to indulge is Christmas. I have 10 weeks left on this cut.
    Good luck with it, always find my conditioning leaps ahead after a cheat day.

DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GO BIG View Post
    Hey DB, what are you doin' in the over 35 section anyhow?
    Looking for a NEW "over 35" to trade the OLD one in........................

(LOL! NEVER.)
    What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog.
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

- Miss Piggy.

And besides: If anyone is over 35 AND still training AND still looking good then they MUST know what they talking about!!!
    Dunno what YOU doing here though
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

- Miss Piggy.

Lol

Smile After effects!

Feeling really tight today after the shocker and it's follow up but not to the level that I can not walk. Still, legs are def looking better today - longest pump i've ever had!

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

I'm going to check over in the Intens************ forum and see if Dante has a long lost twin brother in S. Africa.

Red face

Originally Posted by Baldsnake View Post
    I'm going to check over in the Intens************ forum and see if Dante has a long lost twin brother in S. Africa.
    Sorry Baldy I'm lost here, Dante???

justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justtryn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Go Big - that is one hell of a leg workout!! Your pics look great. Just a couple of years older than me... I'd like to have your size when I hit 40! Stick around and share your wisdom.

By the way - Dante is the creator of DC (DoggCrapp) training. You can find his website at intens************

Merry Christmas!
    When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
    When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
    When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
    I will hunt mice, for I am a hunter,
    And I must have my freedom.
    Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Originally Posted by justtryn View Post
    Go Big - that is one hell of a leg workout!! Your pics look great. Just a couple of years older than me... I'd like to have your size when I hit 40! Stick around and share your wisdom.

By the way - Dante is the creator of DC (DoggCrapp) training. You can find his website at intens************

Merry Christmas!
    Thanks J, will stick around as long as I can mate. We can only get better with age.

Will check out DC

BG

www.Intens************

Check out the Moderator named Dante....his diet and training methods.

dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go Big have you considered rest time between sets to as little as 30 seconds? You did not give a "time" other than you rested while your training partner did his set. Also, if you set up the plates at the ends of the bar your partner could add weights quickly so your rest time between sets as you increased weight could be limited. I like to keep my rest time between sets as close to 30 seconds as possible. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Know your enemy, so when the balloon goes up you will know who to shoot first.

You can never have too many guns nor too much ammo!

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Does it look like he needs to keep his rest time down? lol Look at him....he's one of the biggest mofo's you'll ever see! I never can understand why some get so hung up on rest time between sets (and this is NOT directed at you dmr11...I see it all the time). Hell after I do my heavy set on hacks (600*6)the other day, it had to be a good five minutes before I could even breath normally enough to attempt my 20 repper. After that one, I think it was 10 minutes before I could breath enough to walk out of the gym! There was this guy walking on the track around the gym behind his wheelchair with an oxygen tank....I really was dying to ask him for a few hits off of it.

And Go big.....I always get a kick out of seeing the many different ways we all go about this. I do a 2 set quad shocker (not counting warmups) that had a combined 26 reps.....and even I have been having trouble getting out of my seat today. lol This post is a great example of why I don't preach DC is the only way to grow....there are lots of ways to grow. In time, all we can hope for is finding the optimal path for our bodies.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good to have you, Go Big. Great to see different and aggressive workouts.

Welcome
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.