extasm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool How much cardio do you really need?

How much cardio do I need to do a week to really show off my muscle definition?

I feel like i've been getting stronger abs, but they really arent showing...Part of it is probably my diet which I'm working on right now...but I dont know if I'm doing enough cardio per week.

I've been getting on an elliptical for about 45 min 3 times a week, and I ALWAYS pass 5 miles per session.

Suggestions? Comments? Thank you!
    Alexis AKA Alex AKA Lex AKA Lexis AKA Lexi

raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The only real way to have visible definition is to diet.
    Ansew to the few pms I've gotten since popping back on-line...

NO I never got full amount back from 'him', still owed for FAKE t3 and wu fee... More than a year on I can't be bothered to carry on chasing it up.. Unfortunatly word is he is on another bb community forum still selling

DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by raysmith View Post
    The only real way to have visible definition is to diet.
    This seems to be right..

Im a newb so Ive been reading CONSTANTLY.

If you want to show every buldge, vein, shadow in your muscles, you go on a strict cutting diet.

Want to just get "big" but not as much definition as a toned person, you obviously follow a nice diet, but not as strict as the cutting diet.

This is just what I have been gathering... I may be wrong, could somebody back this up please?

Baradir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baradir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baradir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baradir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baradir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baradir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baradir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baradir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baradir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baradir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Baradir has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pretty much, yeah.

But it could also be water retention, make sure youre drinking ****loads of water!
    Did Matt Furey for a month.
    Did Arnolds beginner program for a month.
    Starting out Rippetoes now, checking back in a few weeks with stats :)

beevee is on a distinguished road. (+10) beevee is on a distinguished road. (+10) beevee is on a distinguished road. (+10) beevee is on a distinguished road. (+10) beevee is on a distinguished road. (+10) beevee is on a distinguished road. (+10) beevee is on a distinguished road. (+10) beevee is on a distinguished road. (+10) beevee is on a distinguished road. (+10) beevee is on a distinguished road. (+10) beevee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yep, I agree with everyone else above. The quote I use most is 'abs are made in the kitchen'. It's true.

extasm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AllSho View Post
    This seems to be right..

Im a newb so Ive been reading CONSTANTLY.

If you want to show every buldge, vein, shadow in your muscles, you go on a strict cutting diet.

Want to just get "big" but not as much definition as a toned person, you obviously follow a nice diet, but not as strict as the cutting diet.

This is just what I have been gathering... I may be wrong, could somebody back this up please?

Cutting? I'm a poor college student...is cutting expensive? lol

I'll try to go find a cutting thread.
    Alexis AKA Alex AKA Lex AKA Lexis AKA Lexi

delano5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If anything cutting is a little bit cheaper. but really boring. as for cardio anywhere between 15 mins 3 days a week to 3 hours 6 days a week.
    BUt seriously, start your cardio off slowly and work your way up. something like 3-4 30min light sessions (heavy walking on incline or stairmaster). and work your way up to 4 HIIT sessoins a week. if your not doing any cardio you will feel a difference and see a bit of a difference right away. (as long as diet is in order). Cardio is simply about moving. your body was designed to move. you could do 10 min in the morning of sprints and agian at night and see results. you could play basketball in the morning. and lift at night. just do something you like. because repetitive cardio sucks. that's my problem. i'm lucky i have a t.v. when i do cardio (i tell myself "i'm watching t.v. anyways i might as well burn some calories while i'm doing it.)
    The big guys like to do less intense sessions 4 days a week. I watched ronnies video and he did his cardio a few hours after he lifted (and ate). 40mins on a stairstepper. which looked a little funny. BIG DUDE on a *Stairmaster
    Get off the cell phone AND LIFT SOMETHING!!!!