hayez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What workout program would be best for me

First post saying hello and i just bought a home gym,powertec workbench,i have no idea where to even start,can someone point me in the right direction on where to start?workout routine?best may to build muscle etc...i basically know nothing and would appreciate all the help anyone can give.
    this is the gym i bought,if anyone is familiar with it could you maybe tell me all what exercises i could do on it also?ialso im 23, 210lbs ,5 10 if that helps out any.

http://us.st4.yimg.com/store1.yimg.c...fit_1725_10767
    Last edited by hayez; 02-18-2003 at 02:56 PM.

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: What workout program would be best for me

Originally posted by hayez
    First post saying hello and i just bought a home gym,powertec workbench,i have no idea where to even start,can someone point me in the right direction on where to start?workout routine?best may to build muscle etc...i basically know nothing and would appreciate all the help anyone can give.
    this is the gym i bought,if anyone is familiar with it could you maybe tell me all what exercises i could do on it also?ialso im 23, 210lbs ,5 10 if that helps out any.

http://us.st4.yimg.com/store1.yimg.c...fit_1725_10767
    Wow, thats one of the same things I got. Who makes it?

Well, what are your goals (slim down, gain mass, etc.)?

Also, how many times a week can yo workout and how many times a week do you prefer? If you anser these questions, it will be a lot easier.

p.s. Do you have an instant messager?
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

basically just gain muscle,id like to lose my gut,other then that just gain muscle,and i have everyday i can work out,i have yahoo instant messanger hayezjj@yahoo.com is my yahoo email,and my msn messanger is extrememotorsperformance@hotmail.com email,you can search for either of those if you get a chance,thanks

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    basically just gain muscle,id like to lose my gut,other then that just gain muscle,and i have everyday i can work out,i have yahoo instant messanger hayezjj@yahoo.com is my yahoo email,and my msn messanger is extrememotorsperformance@hotmail.com email,you can search for either of those if you get a chance,thanks
    My aol instant messager is rolypolyaa . Feel free to chat with me whenever you want.

Thumbs up

i dont have aol,but if you got any tips for me or where to direct me to a workout program id appreciate it

i dont have aol,but if you got any tips for me or where to direct me to a workout program id appreciate it
    Um, I'' e-mail it to you on the msn thing.

Anyway, I guess im posting it . Alright, for gaining muscle mass, you must be eatign ALOT! For calories, multiply your bodyweight by 18-20 (thats how many calories you should be eatining). For protein, multiply your bodyweihgt by 1.2-1.4. Keep carbs in the 300-450 range and saturated fats in moderation.

Whey protein is a good supplement. Its great to have a serving or two after workouts and whenever you need more protein.

Also, limit the cardio work. witha lot of cardio (running), you will find it harder to gain muscle.

Here are some splits. Pick one you like and I'll help witht he exercises:

chest/tricpes
    back/biceps
    rest
    legs
    shoulders/traps
    rest
    rest

chest/shoulders
    back/traps
    rest
    legs
    arms
    rest
    rest

chest/triceps
    rest
    legs
    rest
    back/triceps
    rest
    rest

legs/biceps
    rest
    chest/shoulders
    rest
    back/triceps
    rest
    rest

chest/back
    rest
    legs
    rest
    shoulders/arms
    rest
    rest

chest
    back
    legs
    shoulders/traps
    arms
    rest
    rest

Originally posted by Sychokid
    Anyway, I guess im posting it . Alright, for gaining muscle mass, you must be eatign ALOT! For calories, multiply your bodyweight by 18-20 (thats how many calories you should be eatining). For protein, multiply your bodyweihgt by 1.2-1.4. Keep carbs in the 300-450 range and saturated fats in moderation.

Whey protein is a good supplement. Its great to have a serving or two after workouts and whenever you need more protein.

Also, limit the cardio work. witha lot of cardio (running), you will find it harder to gain muscle.

Here are some splits. Pick one you like and I'll help witht he exercises:

chest/tricpes
    back/biceps
    rest
    legs
    shoulders/traps
    rest
    rest

chest/shoulders
    back/traps
    rest
    legs
    arms
    rest
    rest

chest/triceps
    rest
    legs
    rest
    back/triceps
    rest
    rest

legs/biceps
    rest
    chest/shoulders
    rest
    back/triceps
    rest
    rest

chest/back
    rest
    legs
    rest
    shoulders/arms
    rest
    rest

chest
    back
    legs
    shoulders/traps
    arms
    rest
    rest

first one sounds fine,but i really have no cluemso just say#1
    chest/tricpes
    back/biceps
    rest
    legs
    shoulders/traps
    rest
    rest

first one sounds fine,but i really have no cluemso just say#1
    chest/tricpes
    back/biceps
    rest
    legs
    shoulders/traps
    rest
    rest

Chest/triceps
    flat bench press 3 sets
    incline dumbell press 3 sets
    dips (LEANING FOWARD) 2 sets
    flyes 1 set
    close-grip bench press 3 sets
    skull crushers 2 sets
    tricep pushdowns 1 set

back/biceps
    deadlifts 3 sets
    bent over barbell rows 3 sets
    wide grip pullups 2 sets
    seated cable rows 1 set
    barbell curls 3 sets
    inclinehammer curls 2 sets
    preacher curls 1 set

legs
    squats 4 sets
    stiff legged deadlifts 3 sets
    hack squats 2 sets
    lunges 2 sets
    weighed calf rasies 4 sets

shoulders/traps
    military press 3 sets
    lateralr asies 3 sets
    bent over lateral rasies 3 sets
    upright rows 3 sets
    shrugs 3 sets

If you need anymore help, just post.

how many is a set????sorry about he dumbass questions but i have never even been to a gym before.lol

how many is a set????sorry about he dumbass questions but i have never even been to a gym before.lol
    A set is when you finisnhed your repetitions and take a rest.

so if i do all this and eat right,how long till i start seeing improvements?

i mean how many repititions should i do per set?thanks

so if i do all this and eat right,how long till i start seeing improvements?
    Assuming you are eating enough and aren't overtraining, in about a month you should see that your strenght is going up and your getting a bit bigger.

Do you know what to take after workouts?

ive been drinking the mega whey from gnc,is there something better i shuold take?thanks

i mean how many repititions should i do per set?thanks
    Try around 6-10.

The mega whey from gnc is good. It just might get a little expensive. Optimum whey protein should do.

ok ill check that out,hey thanks for all the help i really appreciate it

ok ill check that out,hey thanks for all the help i really appreciate it
    No problem. Feel free to pm me whenever you want as well.

cool