Quirkaylilme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much Whey Protein should I take?

I purchased Dymatize Elite Whey- Butter Toffee and it should be here within the next couple days. I was wondering how much I should take per day. I understand that you take 1 level scoop but I was just wondering how much I should consume each day for my body. I am 21 (female), 5' 7, 132 lbs. I am eating clean (fruits, veggies, nuts, meat and staying low on the carbs). I know that in order to have the protein work for losing weight (I want to lose 10-15 lbs), I need to be very conscious of how many carbs I am taking in. Thanks for your help!

DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DUMB BELLE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your total daily protein intake will depend on what you trying to achieve as well as your current stats. (If you need help with this let us know and give more detail)

What i can say though, is that whey protein is HIGHLY soluble which leads to it's incredibly rapid absorption into the body which can be a good or bad thing, depending on WHEN you take it.

Because whey is so rapidly absorbed, it leads to a huge influx of amino acids that causes insulin responses to rise.

It is for this reason that I would take whey only first thing in the morning (after the "fasted" sleep state) and then directly after your workout. These are the two times in the day when you can really take advantage of its fast absorption qualities. For the rest of my meals/shakes throughout the day I would opt for "slow-release" proteins or carbs.
    What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog.
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Never eat more than you can lift."
    - Miss Piggy.

Quirkaylilme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My goal= losing 10-15lbs and My stats are I am 5' 7, 132lbs (although I am 128 now just from eating healthy), 21 years old (female). I don't tend to workout as i do not have a gym pass (they are 200 enrollment fees here) and am active at my work. I am just focusing on eating healthy right now. Gym will come later when I can save money. =) So when should I take my protein ( I JUST GOT IT TODAY, I AM SOO EXCITED!)? And how much?

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Quirkaylilme View Post
    My goal= losing 10-15lbs and My stats are I am 5' 7, 132lbs (although I am 128 now just from eating healthy), 21 years old (female). I don't tend to workout as i do not have a gym pass (they are 200 enrollment fees here) and am active at my work. I am just focusing on eating healthy right now. Gym will come later when I can save money. =) So when should I take my protein ( I JUST GOT IT TODAY, I AM SOO EXCITED!)? And how much?
    At the very least, take 1.5scoops after any type of resistance training / cardio.

Mixing some with milk upon waking up & going to bed is a good idea as well.

Whenever you need more protein in a certain meal, feel free to add whey.

Always remember whole foods > whey.