Thread: Golds Gym XR35

purpleone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Golds Gym XR35

I bought a Golds Gym XR35 system this weekend and wouldn't recommend it.

It has a lat attachment that is built into the rack but it only handles 200 pounds on the weight carriage so I returned it .

Nice setup if you don't want to lift heavy weights.
    - lats hi/low
    - preacher curl attachment
    - leg curl/extensions
    - moveable decline/incline bench
    - rack setup where you could use it to bench/squat

All for $200 maybe that why it would only handle 200 lbs on the back exercises

dbr549 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm looking at that same one. I couldn't find any info on the weight limits on the pulley/cable. Called the company- they told me it's 300 lbs. not 200 lbs.

Just wondering if it's a decent one? Any one been using one??

stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: Golds Gym XR35

Originally posted by purpleone

It has a lat attachment that is built into the rack but it only handles 200 pounds on the weight carriage so I returned it .

- lats hi/low
    - leg curl/extensions

Was it just the lat attachment that only holds 200 lbs.? Or the total unit? 200 lbs. on the lat attachment is too light for you?

I can't imagine 200lb. tricep pushdowns.......

The rep told me 300 lb. on the "lat attachment". So did another company I called that carries this equipment.

I'm not sure where he heard 200 lbs. ??

stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by dbr549
    The rep told me 300 lb. on the "lat attachment". So did another company I called that carries this equipment.

I'm not sure where he heard 200 lbs. ??
    I couldn't even find the machine doing a yahoo search.....

I would think 200lbs. would be enough, but if it's 300 then that's even better........

thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thickjerk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Golds Gym XR35

Originally posted by purpleone

- lats hi/low
    - leg curl/extensions

any web links ?

There's not too many. I believe it's new for this year but, here's a link to one site with several pics.

http://www.iconfitness.com/cgi-bin/n...prrfnbr=360213

purpleone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It was listed in the manual that came with the setup.

I do more exercises than just tri pushdowns with the lat attachment.

If you want to use light weights its a good buy. But with the weight I push around this would not work for me.

When I put 200 pounds on the lat machine it looked like it was going to break.

Believe who you want but I spent a good 2 to 3 hours assembling it and tried it out for a couple of days so I guess you could say I have "first hand experience" with this piece of equipment.

Go ahead and buy it I am just giving my opinion.
    Quality Beef one Day at a time

I went and had the employee pull the manual. Purpleone was correct! Apparently the manufacturer and a sales rep were both giving out wrong information!

So I thought I'd pass along the spec's for anyone who might be interested.

Max. Weight states-

User: 250 lbs.
    Weight Rests: 310 lbs.
    Max total: 560
    Carriage Weight (lat); 200 lbs.
    Leg Lever: 150 lbs.

Overall Dimensions:
    84"H. x 67"W. x 75"D.

Still wondering if this is a decent piece of equipment or not.....anybody have any comments???