Thread: Prohormones

Registered User older-than-dirt's Avatar
    older-than-dirt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) older-than-dirt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Prohormones

I just finished a bottle of Nortesten and it didn't do squat for me. Because I'm 42, I believe my gains will be slower than a younger guys so I'm looking for a suppliment to give me an advantage. I currently suppliment with Myoplex Lite, creatine,Flaxseed, Zinc and GNCs mega man vitamins. I've read that pro-hormones are a waste of money and after my experience with Nortesten I'm thinking that it may be true. Can anyone give me an HONEST opinion on suppliments that will help me increase my muscle mass as fast as genetically possible ? I've been working out for about a year and a half and my gains seem to be slowing WAY DOWN !

hardtribe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi---

I am a 44 year old bodybuilder - I have been working out the last 3 years.
    Yeah I understand how diddicult it is to put on lean muscle mass at our age.
    But never fear,
    I would no take these so called pro hormones to risky. I, over the last year, have put on 14 pounds of lean muscle.
    Not as fast as I would like, but I did it by tinkering with my diet and workout routines.

I think in the long run I was much better off doing the weight gain naturally
    Peace

TheGreekGod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGreekGod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGreekGod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGreekGod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGreekGod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGreekGod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGreekGod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGreekGod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGreekGod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGreekGod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheGreekGod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: Prohormones

Originally posted by older-than-dirt
    I just finished a bottle of Nortesten and it didn't do squat for me. Because I'm 42, I believe my gains will be slower than a younger guys so I'm looking for a suppliment to give me an advantage. I currently suppliment with Myoplex Lite, creatine,Flaxseed, Zinc and GNCs mega man vitamins. I've read that pro-hormones are a waste of money and after my experience with Nortesten I'm thinking that it may be true. Can anyone give me an HONEST opinion on suppliments that will help me increase my muscle mass as fast as genetically possible ? I've been working out for about a year and a half and my gains seem to be slowing WAY DOWN !

Nortesten is about the worst pro-hormone out there. I'm not surprised you didn't have good results, the **** sux! If your're still willing to try another PH, I'd try 1-AD by Ergopharm. If you don't want to go down that road, I'd stay witht the supplements you're on and bump up those calories to 16-18 cal per pound and try to clean up the fats in your diet. If you're not already consuming 1gr of protein per pound of lean mass, that would also be wise to do so. Good Luck!

One other thing, if you do decide to do a PH, you'll want to wait a while before doing another PH. Rule of thumb is wait just as long as you were on them. So if you did 4 weeks, you'll want to wait 4 weeks to do another. I prefer twice as long.
    Last edited by Big Drake; 02-18-2003 at 08:48 AM.

TheAgnos1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Prohormones

Originally posted by Big Drake
    Nortesten is about the worst pro-hormone out there. I'm not surprised you didn't have good results, the **** sux! If your're still willing to try another PH, I'd try 1-AD by Ergopharm. If you don't want to go down that road, I'd stay witht the supplements you're on and bump up those calories to 16-18 cal per pound and try to clean up the fats in your diet. If you're not already consuming 1gr of protein per pound of lean mass, that would also be wise to do so. Good Luck!
    Exactly. You should have never chosen Nortesten. I don't think ANYONE has gotten good results off of it. Just a hole in there pocket from wasting cash.

-AGNOS

labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000) labrad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Agreed Nortesten sucks ass. Research ph/ps, read the Big Cat's article on prohormones(which can be found on this site). If you have any questions by all means ask, someone(probably not me) would be glad to help you out.

Remember ph/ps work but there are side effects related to their use. One should fully know what they are getting into b/4 trying them.
    FREE YJ

chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To make it easier for you here is the link for Big Cats prohormone article. Also do a search it will help you very much.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catproh.htm
    DA MAN!

csondgeroth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am 37 and have been lifting on and off since I was 18 but steady for 3 years and about 8 weeks ago I did a 7 week 1-ad cycle without anything else. I went from 224 to 238 and had great strenght gains. I will say this you must keep you protien intake very high.

After the cycle I took some oxy and my wieght dropped to 228 but did not loose size so Im guessing I had some good lean gains.

devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd try some 4-AD at your age.

tarponfly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried the entire muscle tech stack...nortestin, annotestin, and acetabolan for 4 weeks, and it did nothing but cost a hell of a lot of money. I would definately not recommend it to anyone. To bad it's too late to tell ya.

syko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) syko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) syko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) syko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) syko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) syko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) syko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) syko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) syko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) syko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) syko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Prohormones

Originally posted by older-than-dirt
    Gear.

peace.