mr jenkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

new full body routine - looking for criticism

hey guys - what's going on. i've been doing a lot of reading these past few days, as i've been looking to switch up my current routine. it looks like the whole one body part a day thing just doesn't cut it around here, and i'm not surprised. i noticed that i haven't been making any gains in size or strength recently, and it's definitely because i've been doing the same routine for too long. i modified a routine from brit_beef's "doing the splits" thread to incorporate most of the exercises from the "official list of exercises needed to gain mass" thread. anyways, this new routine is a 3 day full body split, and i hope you guys approve.

Workout A:

Squat 4x6
    Flat Bench 4x6
    Wide-Grip Chin's 4x6
    Standing Military press 3x6
    Calf Raises 3x6

Workout B:

Deadlift 4x6
    Incline Barbell Press 4x6
    Barbell Rows 4x6
    BB Curls 3x6
    Abs

Workout C:

Standing Military press 4x6
    Weighted Dip's 4x6
    Wide-Grip Chin’s 4x6
    Close-Grip Bench 3X6
    Calf Raises 3X6

i have a feeling that i either have too many exercises and/or too many sets. if it helps, i'm 20 years old, about 5'5, and weigh 170.

Rurouni_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rurouni_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rurouni_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rurouni_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rurouni_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rurouni_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rurouni_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rurouni_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rurouni_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rurouni_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rurouni_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looks good to me i use a similar full body routine last month and put on a good 4lbs
    5'7 142lbs 10%
    STack

Purp wAAth
    CEE
    GABA
    HP AAKG
    BCaa
    NOW ZMA
    HP Chromium Picolomate
    +basics

thanks a lot man - i appreciate it.

so far so good

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That looks pretty good.

Good luck !
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

thanks a lot - definitely appreciate it.

i've been looking this workout over and i've got a feeling it's not good enough. i'm pretty much squatting and deadlifting once a week. is that bad?

Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mr jenkins View Post
    i've been looking this workout over and i've got a feeling it's not good enough. i'm pretty much squatting and deadlifting once a week. is that bad?
    I would put at least one leg exercise into workout C. Could do back squats with a different rep range, front squats, lunges, step ups, SDL or romanian deadlift.

Also personally I never stick to a single rep range for everything... I feel to maximize size and strength gains you need more variety.
    "Leave the pump in the bedroom and add some damn weight to the bar" - Dave Tate

"Train for strength, eat to grow and you will get bigger and stronger" - Someone bigger and stronger then me

Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coach McGuirk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

pdibby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdibby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdibby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdibby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdibby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdibby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdibby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdibby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdibby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pdibby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have one criticism other than what has been said. You are keeping each workout in the exact same parameters as far as rep/set schemes. If you are planning on performing this workout for very long (i.e. more than a month) you need to think about changing this around. Your body will quickly adjust to what you are doing, so try to keep it guessing. Make one day a week your low rep day (3-5 reps), one a mid-range day (6-9 reps), and occasionally work in the 10 to 12 rep range. If you keep changing the parameters and change the lifts every few weeks you will continue to see gains.