ede has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb how many sit ups u got 2 do every day?

is 2x25 good for 1 day? or have 2 do more?>

Registered Physiologist Goose102's Avatar
    Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ede View Post
    IMO I think you should search for a good ab program. Your abs need time to rest just like all of your other muscles. I wouldn't do them every single day.

Try getting a program to hit them around 3 times a week.
    B.S. Exercise Physiology
    NASM-CPT
    MMA Brah

swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swaptrex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you need to target your abdominals from all different directions, but first of all you need to burn the fat (if any) around your midsection...simply doing 50 sit-ups on a daily basis aren't going to turn up the best results. if you are really serious try to eat clean and do something similar to this if you can:

decline weighted sit-ups 3x15

leg lifts 3x15

etc
    etc

Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Goose102 View Post
    IMO I think you should search for a good ab program. Your abs need time to rest just like all of your other muscles. I wouldn't do them every single day.

Disagree. Abs could be done everyday. Many Pro bodybuilders have always believed that doing a lot of ab training not only hardens and develps the abs but also seems to help eliminate fat in the area.

If your a beginer recommendations are alternating each day between 5 sets of sit ups and leg raises.

Advanced then do more sets and a wider variety of exercises like bent knee leg raises bent over twists, and crunches.

The following was tookn out of the Encyclopedia Of Modern Bodybuilding and after practicing and following this I strongly agree.

skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ede View Post
    Look at this if you are interested in getting abs..

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=825553
    "God has landed on this enemy-occupied world in human form...The perfect surrender and humiliation was undergone by Christ: perfect because He was God, surrender and humiliation because He was man."
    -C.S. Lewis

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..."
    -C.S. Lewis

My WS4BB Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1131121

stopdaroids has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hanging Leg Raises 2-3 sets 10-15 reps
    Roman Leg Raises 2-3 sets 25-30 reps
    Side Bends 2-3 sets 50-100 reps
    Crunches 2-3 sets 25-30 reps
    Killa Hilla

nirwin115 is not very well liked. (-100) nirwin115 is not very well liked. (-100) nirwin115 is not very well liked. (-100) nirwin115 is not very well liked. (-100) nirwin115 is not very well liked. (-100) nirwin115 is not very well liked. (-100) nirwin115 is not very well liked. (-100) nirwin115 is not very well liked. (-100) nirwin115 is not very well liked. (-100) nirwin115 is not very well liked. (-100) nirwin115 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Columbu#1 View Post
    Disagree. Abs could be done everyday. Many Pro bodybuilders have always believed that doing a lot of ab training not only hardens and develps the abs but also seems to help eliminate fat in the area.

If your a beginer recommendations are alternating each day between 5 sets of sit ups and leg raises.

Advanced then do more sets and a wider variety of exercises like bent knee leg raises bent over twists, and crunches.

The following was tookn out of the Encyclopedia Of Modern Bodybuilding and after practicing and following this I strongly agree.

i have to disagree with you, in many articles etc in magazines ive noiticed it recommeneds abs worked between 3-5 tmes AT MOST a week. They are like every other muslce. they can be over trained, and as you said: many pro body builders a 15 year old teen has posted this, not ronnie.

But i do agree, you need a variety of excercises to target the different parts of the abs, upper, lower, inner n outer obliques.

ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    weighted situps are where its at.
    I have seen a lot and I mean a lot of people in the gym and on these internet forums that are a buck 65 or two and change, shouting that you don’t have to lift heavy to get big
    -DC

skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I also disagree. The abdominals are just like any other muscle and if they do not have ample time to recover then they will not grow properly. Having abs is all about having low body fat and there is NO such thing as spot fat reducing like you mentioned above. That is a myth and doing lots of ab work will not help you lose gut fat. I suggest you read the link i posted in my previous thread
    "God has landed on this enemy-occupied world in human form...The perfect surrender and humiliation was undergone by Christ: perfect because He was God, surrender and humiliation because He was man."
    -C.S. Lewis

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..."
    -C.S. Lewis

My WS4BB Journal

mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Goose102 View Post

You can train abs more than 3 times a week, hell you can go seven jus get a good program that works lower as well as upper
    149.1 LBS
    5 feet 10 inches
    12% body fat
    13 years old
    144395 point(s) total
    seriously who keeps changing my sig?

The Anabolic Ambassador Got2Bhuge's Avatar
    Got2Bhuge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Got2Bhuge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Got2Bhuge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Got2Bhuge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Got2Bhuge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Got2Bhuge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Got2Bhuge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Got2Bhuge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Got2Bhuge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Got2Bhuge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Got2Bhuge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't do sit-ups. Sit ups will actually result in a wider waist, which will deduct from the V-shape that male bodybuilders are striving to gain. For those of you who always ask for sources, my source for that info is The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by Schwarzenegger and Bill Dobbins. What you want to focus on is CRUNCHING. Crunching differs greatly from situps. You don't want to lift your entire back off the ground. You want to lift only your shoulder blades. Keep your eyes straight up to the ceiling. You're basically just lifting your head and shoulders away from the ground using strictly your abs.

Look up other crunch variations for working upper and lower abs. Also, you'll want to hit your obliques and lower back frequently. You want to work your entire core. Not just your abdominals.
    "It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat."
    -Arnold Schwarzenegger

ede has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Got2Bhuge View Post
    Don't do sit-ups. Sit ups will actually result in a wider waist, which will deduct from the V-shape that male bodybuilders are striving to gain. For those of you who always ask for sources, my source for that info is The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by Schwarzenegger and Bill Dobbins. What you want to focus on is CRUNCHING. Crunching differs greatly from situps. You don't want to lift your entire back off the ground. You want to lift only your shoulder blades. Keep your eyes straight up to the ceiling. You're basically just lifting your head and shoulders away from the ground using strictly your abs.

Look up other crunch variations for working upper and lower abs. Also, you'll want to hit your obliques and lower back frequently. You want to work your entire core. Not just your abdominals.

and how many times should i do it?

PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000) PumpingSteel is just really nice. (+1000)

lol ALL pro bodybuilders know that sit ups dont get rid of fat
    Most body builders do 20+ sets for each body part. and most of them are on steroids.

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)

sorry brother but doing abs exercises does not burn abdominal fat, you heard wrong.

Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Columbu#1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Vipersg123 View Post
    sorry brother but doing abs exercises does not burn abdominal fat, you heard wrong.
    I'm just speaking from my own expierence. Yes everyone is different but if you properply diet and do abs very often it will harden and develop them. Once again just speaking from my own expierence.

CountryLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Heres my daily Ab workout:

30 Normal Crunches
    25 Flat Crunches
    25 Half Raised leg crunches
    25 Full Raised leg crunches
    25 Bicycle rhythms

I usually do this 2x a day, once before I shower in the morning and once after school/activities. I usually work up a sweat and it hurts like hell but feels good when you are done. Some may say this is overtraining but I have never overtrained my abs on this routine yet, so until that day ill continue to build my rock hard abs.
    Down Yonder

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm just speaking from my own expierence. Yes everyone is different but if you properply diet and do abs very often it will harden and develop them. Once again just speaking from my own expierence.
    Okay... but the ab exercises did not burn the fat on your stomach it was either he ab muscles grew, or cardio and diet... you cannot burn fat by targeting the muscle it covers, that wouldn't make sense in any way shape or form.

^^^^^

Fair enough.

drizzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drizzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drizzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drizzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drizzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drizzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drizzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drizzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drizzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drizzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drizzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CountryLifter View Post
    Heres my daily Ab workout:

30 Normal Crunches
    25 Flat Crunches
    25 Half Raised leg crunches
    25 Full Raised leg crunches
    25 Bicycle rhythms

I usually do this 2x a day, once before I shower in the morning and once after school/activities. I usually work up a sweat and it hurts like hell but feels good when you are done. Some may say this is overtraining but I have never overtrained my abs on this routine yet, so until that day ill continue to build my rock hard abs.
    Case in point; you have nothing to show for it.
    Cutting sucks =(

stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stella summers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As mentioned earlier, you cannot spot reduce.

Fair enough.
    Your username obviously derives from the bodybuilder Franco Columbu. I read his book titled The Bodybuilder's Nutrition and found it to be a great source or information. Have you checked it out?

iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iam fuzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i believe there are many different types of abs. There are the abs that are naturally visible in the case of X-Country runner, and skinnier people which is due to low body fat. The abs arent necessarily stronger/better, just more visible because of the low bf%. If you want to train your abs, youve got to do resistance training like all other muscles. Sure you can get abs by doing a lot of cardio + dieting, but what good are abs if theyre weak as hell? Weight resisted ab training will give you a much stronger core and with this you can keep building your abs up until theyre much more visible.

I dont necessarily know if you want abs by loosing bf, or by just building them up (didnt read through the whole thread), but my suggestion is to workout your abs every day. Probably 3-5x a week with a good intense workout, then 2-3x with a soft one. I believe abs should be worked out every day if one can.

Everyone has their own opinons about how abs should be worked out. If there was a sure fire way to get great looking abs, we would all have them. Everyone is built differently, you just have to find what works for you. Trial and error.

-fuzz
    Cutting Goal : 185-190lbs
    11/06/09 : 184lbs
    12/06/09 : 189lbs
    01/06/10 : 194lbs
    02/06/10 : 196lbs
    03/06/10 : 195lbs
    04/06/10 : 199lbs
    05/06/10 : 201lbs
    06/06/10 : 198lbs
    07/06/10 : 195lbs

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    -Socrates

MY LOG @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120191531

well ya, thats true for any body part. But doing a lot of ab work will not remove fat from your abdominal area. Doing cardio and eating a diet that is below your maintance level will allow you to lose fat. The only way you'll ever get "good looking" abs is to lose body fat.
    -C.S. Lewis

-C.S. Lewis

My WS4BB Journal